Feminism is the radical notion that women are people too

Herstory: the greatest story never told

Men of quality respect women’s equality

Nothing in a man’s pants is as important as what’s in a woman’s mind

I’ll be a post-feminist. In a post patriarchy

Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes

The best man for the job may be a woman

If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention

Because woman’s work is never done and is underpaid or boring or repetitious and we’re the first to get fired and what we look like is more important than what we do and if we get raped its our fault and if we get beaten we must have provoked it and if we raise our voices we’re nagging bitches and if we enjoy sex we’re nymphos and if we don’t we’re frigid and if we love women it’s cause we can’t get a “real” man and if we ask our doctor too many questions we’re neurotic and/or pushy and it we expect our childcare we’re selfish and if we stand up for our rights we’re aggressive and “unfeminine” and id we don’t we’re typical weak females and it we want to get married we’re out to rap a man and if we don’t we’re unnatural and because we still can’t get adequate safe contraceptive but men can walk on the moon and it we can’t cope or don’t want a pregnancy we’re made to feel guilty about abortion and for lots of other reasons we are part of the women’s liberation movement..

"The day will come when men will recognize woman as his peer, not only at the fireside, but in councils of the nation. Then, and not until then, will there be the perfect comradeship, the ideal union between the sexes that shall result in the highest development of the race."

—Susan B. Anthony

"In passing, also, I would like to say that the first time Adam had a chance he laid the blame on a woman."

—Nancy Astor

(British Politician)

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." —Margaret Mead

"Something which we think is impossible now is not impossible in another decade."

— Constance Baker Motley

(First Black Woman in the U.S. to become a Federal Judge)

Lya Sorano:

When we talk about equal pay for equal work, women in the workplace are beginning to catch up. If we keep going at this current rate, we will achieve full equality in about 475 years. I don't know about you, but I can't wait that long.

Rebecca West:

I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat, or a prostitute. 1913

PHENOMENAL WOMAN

by Maya Angelou

Pretty women wonder where my secret lies

I'm not cute or built to suit a model's fashion size

But when I start to tell them

They think I'm telling lies.

I say

It's in the reach of my arms

The span of my hips

The stride of my steps

The curl of my lips.

I'm a woman

Phenomenally

Phenomenal woman

That's me.

I walk into a room

Just as cool as you please

And to a man

The fellows stand or

Fall down on their knees

Then they swarm around me

A hive of honey bees.

I say

It's the fire in my eyes

And the flash of my teeth

The swing of my waist

And the joy in my feet.

I'm a woman

Phenomenally

Phenomenal woman

That's me.

Men themselves have wondered

What they see in me

They try so much

But they can't touch

My inner mystery.

When I try to show them

They say they still can't see.

I say

It's in the arch of my back

The sun of my smile

The ride of my breasts

The grace of my style.

I'm a woman

Phenomenally

Phenomenal woman

That's me.

Now you understand

Just why my head's not bowed

I don't shout or jump about

Or have to talk real loud

When you see me passing

It ought to make you proud.

I say

It's in the click of my heels

The bend of my hair

The palm of my hand

The need for my care.

'Cause I'm a woman

Phenomenally

Phenomenal woman

That's me.

AIN'T I A WOMAN?

by Sojourner Truth

Delivered 1851 at the Women's Convention in Akron, Ohio

Well, children, where there is so much racket there must be something out of kilter. I think that 'twixt the negroes of the South and the women at the North, all talking about rights, the white men will be in a fix pretty soon. But what's all this here talking about?

That man over there says that women need to be helped into carriages, and lifted over ditches, and to have the best place everywhere. Nobody ever helps me into carriages, or over mud-puddles, or gives me any best place! And ain't I a woman? Look at me! Look at my arm! I have ploughed and planted, and gathered into barns, and no man could head me! And ain't I a woman? I could work as much and eat as much as a man - when I could get it - and bear the lash as well! And ain't I a woman? I have borne thirteen children, and seen most all sold off to slavery, and when I cried out with my mother's grief, none but Jesus heard me! And ain't I a woman?

Then they talk about this thing in the head; what's this they call it? That's it, honey. What's that got to do with women's rights or negroes' rights? If my cup won't hold but a pint, and yours holds a quart, wouldn't you be mean not to let me have my little half measure full?

Then that little man in black there, he says women can't have as much rights as men, 'cause Christ wasn't a woman! Where did your Christ come from? Where did your Christ come from? From God and a woman! Man had nothing to do with Him.

If the first woman God ever made was strong enough to turn the world upside down all alone, these women together ought to be able to turn it back , and get it right side up again! And now they is asking to do it, the men better let them.

Obliged to you for hearing me, and now old Sojourner ain't got nothing more to say.

• Like 1

Soon it will be Davey day :huh:

Yup and that would be your birthday.....

They have a national everything... bit sad really.

Why is today national feminism day? Did something happen on this day? Or was every other day taken up....?

Soon it will be Davey day  :huh:

Yup and that would be your birthday.....

They have a national everything... bit sad really.

Why is today national feminism day? Did something happen on this day? Or was every other day taken up....?

Must be :P

I think that its great that we get a day...

as you should know its about female equality and if any of you males have a problem with it come round to my house and I will KILL YOU!

You kill people that go to your house :P

as you should know its about female equality and if any of you males have a problem with it come round to my house and I will KILL YOU!

You kill people that go to your house :P

yes, but only if they are sexist; or racist

You kill people that go to your house :o

So if they are murderers they are ok? :P

You kill people that go to your house :o

So if they are murderers they are ok? :P

don't back me into a corner!