DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL 2005

Jason_Voorhees

**NEWS**

Megadeth and Dinosaur Jr to make history at Download !

Megadeth are set to storm this year’s Download festival - but have stunned fans by revealing it will be their last UK gig ever. Whereas Dinosaur Jr will make their first appearance here in almost ten years – and it will be their only UK festival of the summer ! Also just added to the Friday bill are Biffy Clyro , The Used , My Chemical Romance and JJ72.

Veteran rockers Megadeth have revealed they have no plans to tour Europe after completing their forthcoming string of European festival dates , however, they say they can’t wait to perform their UK swansong at Download. Original front man Dave Mustaine will be joined by Glen Drover (guitar), James MacDonough (bass) and Shawn Drover (drums).

It’s a historical reunion for Dinosaur Jr too , as the band’s founding partners J Mascis and Lou Barlow take to the stage together for the first time in almost 15 years !

All the bands will play on the Friday at Download , with more artists to be announced in the coming weeks.

99 Days To Go

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**NEWS**

Six of the Best for the Snickers Stage

More bands announced !

Motorhead and Mastodon will play the Snickers Stage at this year's Download festival , with four other top bands set to make their mark at Donington.

Chimaira , In Flames and Lamb Of God will all play their first ever Download festival , also on the Snickers Stage , whilst Bullet For My Valentine make a welcome return following their appearance last year.

In Flames and Lamb Of God will be storming the Saturday , with the rest set to help bring the festival to a colossal close on the Sunday.

93 Days To Go

**NEWS**

We are pleased to announce the latest additions to this year's awesome lineup:

MAIN STAGE

Anthrax

Alter Bridge

Bowling For Soup

Nightwish

Killswitch Engage

SNICKERS STAGE

The Bled

Meshuggah

Unearth

Every Time I Die

Caliban

DKT / MC5

Lacuna Coil

As I Lay Dying

I've also updated the first post in this topic so check it out.