Baftas

rainbowsparkle

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[

:D

hi! on the eternal sunshine note......do u reckon elijah could be there? i mean to like support his fellow actors n that? i mean he was in the movie quite a lot, so you never know?!!!! omg dude if he is there i will die i will..... :D:D

Yep, you must wrap up warm and wear layers that you can take off.

I would advise to not wear big coats or anything that could get tripped up on on or that it wud matter if they get marked or dirty.

Wear jumpers that you can tie around your waist.

Don't take big bags. Bags that you do take should be small(ish), that you can wear on you at all times, and that people around you can't get their hands into when you're not looking!

You can't put ure bags down, as you will inevitably have lost them by the end of the night as the crowds do actually move!

Where food & drink is concerned, take 1 bottle of water to last the whole day as you will not be able to get out to go to the loo after probably around 3 ish as the crowds will be big by then!

Take plenty of sugar-full foods that will keep you going throughout the day, and for when you need a sugar rush if you're one of those people whose bloody sugar can get low.

Have breakfast - something like porridge that will mean you don't have to eat anymore for ages...I'm saying that from the loo point of view!! lol :D

Hope that helps everyone....... I should write a whole leaflet! lol :D

you give sound advice! :D

I think that the worst part is not being able to go to the loo!

I would also say not to bring anything too valuable or precious( ;) ) to you, even if you're hoping to get it signed. If the weather is bad it may be damaged or, worst case scenario, lost or stolen!! that also applies to cash/& cards!

I'm still debating the whole camera vs video camera dilema. I have to take still photos but my video of ROTK prem was so cool, I love watching it now 'cos it brings back so many memories. The only thing is it's a major pain in the spam to carry it around! Also, when & if you get one of the stars in front of you, it's like what do you do?Autograph, photo and film? I think that I'll just take my camera!!!

As to Elijah!!! OMG!! of he did turn up I would be so happy!!! Especially as he didn't for ROTK! :wub:

*crosses everything*

TO FREAKACCIDENT and anyone else, lol :unsure:

It's at the Odeon, Leicester Square, this saturday (the 12th). People usually start to arrive around 5.30 (ish), until about 7pm...(unless there's any latecomer's like Johnny Depp last year! LOL!)

It's best to get there early tho, and I mean EARLY. Not 12 or 1pm early, like 8.00am early so ure guaranteed a good spot at the front, or you can get a ticket to go into the Grandstand at that time, too. If you arrive much later than that (like 12.00), then you won't get a spot at the front (or it would be virtually impossible anyway. Even if you're with people who have saved a space for you, you would be seriously pissing off other people who have been there since the early hours!)

It's a lot of hanging around for the day and everything but it's TOTALLY worth it!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOT Thankyou for replying and filling me in lol

i shalleth see if i can make it this year Muahahahahaaaaaa.

:unsure:

* gets all excited * only problem is its on my brothers bday so i dunno if i can make it yet !!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr lol.

ah well. thankyou again. :D

TO FREAKACCIDENT and anyone else, lol  :unsure:

It's at the Odeon, Leicester Square, this saturday (the 12th).  People usually start to arrive around 5.30 (ish), until about 7pm...(unless there's any latecomer's like Johnny Depp last year! LOL!) 

It's best to get there early tho, and I mean EARLY.  Not 12 or 1pm early, like 8.00am early so ure guaranteed a good spot at the front, or you can get a ticket to go into the Grandstand at that time, too.  If you arrive much later than that (like 12.00), then you won't get a spot at the front (or it would be virtually impossible anyway.  Even if you're with people who have saved a space for you, you would be seriously pissing off other people who have been there since the early hours!)

It's a lot of hanging around for the day and everything but it's TOTALLY worth it!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOT Thankyou for replying and filling me in lol

i shalleth see if i can make it this year Muahahahahaaaaaa.

:unsure:

* gets all excited * only problem is its on my brothers bday so i dunno if i can make it yet !!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr lol.

ah well. thankyou again. :D

no probs :D

He he he !! can anyone find out which guests are going??

:D

I'm just going by the nominations on the bafta site. Those who have been nominated should turn up, but I could be wrong. I'm sure those in best actor/actress should be there.....but who knows????!!!!

Fingers crossed for Johnny Depp, Jim Carrey, Cate Blanchett, Kate Winslet, Leonardo too!!!! ^_^:D:D^_^

He he he !! can anyone find out which guests are going??

:wub:

I'm just going by the nominations on the bafta site. Those who have been nominated should turn up, but I could be wrong. I'm sure those in best actor/actress should be there.....but who knows????!!!!

Fingers crossed for Johnny Depp, Jim Carrey, Cate Blanchett, Kate Winslet, Leonardo too!!!! :(B):lol::huh:

Im hoping others will just randomly turn up * fingers crossed *

i want to meet all the ones you just said though :P:lol:

woot woot im getting dead excited now !!

Take plenty of sugar-full foods that will keep you going throughout the day, and for when you need a sugar rush if you're one of those people whose bloody sugar can get low. 

Have breakfast - something like porridge that will mean you don't have to eat anymore for ages...I'm saying that from the loo point of view!! lol  :unsure:

Hope that helps everyone....... I should write a whole leaflet! lol  :unsure:

Ahem, :headscratch: as someone for whom low blood sugar is a constant battle, and also the reason that I don't go to these things much, cos when I do I always have to have a bloody great rucksack of food with me, can I make a small alteration to the advice about sugarful foods, without meaning to cause offence? ;)

It's actually better to take carb snacks - bread, crisps etc (even though they're harder/bulkier to pack and whatnot) cos to eat lots of sugar (ie. chocolate etc) instead will create nasty problems like migraines, shaking, irritability and other symptoms. If you must eat high sugar snacks make sure you've already eaten a slow-release carb snack like wholewheat bread or something. Seriously, the worst thing you can do if you're going to be burning off energy all day, is to eat chocolate and sweets. By 10pm you'll feel like crap and be even worse the next day :(

Porridge is a good idea for brekkie though, even though it's like eating hot wallpaper paste... :lol: