My View on LFACC3

@field

I just wanted to comment on the news of the revamped London Film and Comic Con.

First the new location, excellent! Although I haven’t been to Earls Court before, I have heard it’s a fantastic place, more than suitable to cope with the geek invasion. I think I’m not alone in saying how hard it was to get to Wembley last time and how secluded it is from amenities. Earls Court promises to combine the activity and buzz that surrounds Collectormania, without the hassle of overcrowding and sharing space with busy shoppers.

But what has really got me excited was this comment:

The London Film and Comic Con 2005 promises to be like nothing else ever staged in this country before, and over the coming months you will see some huge announcements, both in terms of guests, special events, and industry representation, which are sure to make the show not just an excellent weekend out, but an essential one!!!!!

At LFACC2, I think these ideas were slowly coming into motion. The star wars: Revenge of the Sith trailer viewing I think was great. Yes the viewing quality wasnt outstanding, but nothing that cant be worked out. That was just one film from one company. Now imagine you walk in and go over to the warner bros stand where displayed are props and merchandise from Charlie and the Chocolate factory and Batman Begins and playing on a video screen is the latest trailer for the Harry Potter film. Walk down further and there is the 20th century fox stand, again displaying various things from Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, or Fantastic Four. And that’s just two studios. The incentive is there for industry representatives to get involved, Earls Court full of paying fans, everyones a winner!

And its not just film industries. I was overjoyed to finally meet artists and creators from the comic book industry at LFACC2. To be able to discuss their work with them and buy sketches was fantastic. Imagine then along with these writers and artists you had representatives from brands such as marvel, DC and Dark Horse, promoting and displaying their latests books and talent. For companies like marvel and DC this links in their interests with films they are releasing.

To cater for fans with a range of interests I believe makes for a better convention, a range of fans with different interests and backgrounds mixing with each other, count me in!

The seeds have been planted in LFACC, with prop and costume displays, trailers, artist and writer stands. Now I hope LFACC3 fulfills its potential and takes it to the next level to become an event like nothing else ever staged in this country

So ends my ranting, thank you for reading

@field

I just wanted to comment on the news of the revamped London Film and Comic Con.

First the new location, excellent! Although I haven’t been to Earls Court before, I have heard it’s a fantastic place, more than suitable to cope with the geek invasion. I think I’m not alone in saying how hard it was to get to Wembley last time and how secluded it is from amenities. Earls Court promises to combine the activity and buzz that surrounds Collectormania, without the hassle of overcrowding and sharing space with busy shoppers.

But what has really got me excited was this comment:

The London Film and Comic Con 2005 promises to be like nothing else ever staged in this country before, and over the coming months you will see some huge announcements, both in terms of guests, special events, and industry representation, which are sure to make the show not just an excellent weekend out, but an essential one!!!!!

At LFACC2, I think these ideas were slowly coming into motion. The star wars: Revenge of the Sith trailer viewing I think was great. Yes the viewing quality wasnt outstanding, but nothing that cant be worked out. That was just one film from one company. Now imagine you walk in and go over to the warner bros stand where displayed are props and merchandise from Charlie and the Chocolate factory and Batman Begins and playing on a video screen is the latest trailer for the Harry Potter film. Walk down further and there is the 20th century fox stand, again displaying various things from Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, or Fantastic Four. And that’s just two studios. The incentive is there for industry representatives to get involved, Earls Court full of paying fans, everyones a winner!

And its not just film industries. I was overjoyed to finally meet artists and creators from the comic book industry at LFACC2. To be able to discuss their work with them and buy sketches was fantastic. Imagine then along with these writers and artists you had representatives from brands such as marvel, DC and Dark Horse, promoting and displaying their latests books and talent. For companies like marvel and DC this links in their interests with films they are releasing.

To cater for fans with a range of interests I believe makes for a better convention, a range of fans with different interests and backgrounds mixing with each other, count me in!

The seeds have been planted in LFACC, with prop and costume displays, trailers, artist and writer stands. Now I hope LFACC3 fulfills its potential and takes it to the next level to become an event like nothing else ever staged in this country

So ends my ranting, thank you for reading

@field

Come include Aspen Comics as well