PAY PER VIEW DISCUSSION

DavidB

• Moderators

I did, and still do, enjoy Hulk's work .. I've been getting those classic DVDs from Silvervision and they're still really enjoyable! The style was completely different back then but u only have to look at Rock/Hogan to see how to set a match out and REALLY get the crowd going, regardless of in-ring talent! Of course that was pretty unique but still proves the point that sometimes all the different elements will just come together n be great!

Personally I think all of the different styles of wrestling have their own places in the business .. the Jeff Hardys of this world, the AJ Styles, the Chris Benoits, the Big Shows, the Batistas .. some guys have in ring talent and no interview skills really .. others are awesome in promos and give some of the best in the business but never had any REAL in ring wrestling "skills" as such .. compare Benoit to Mick Foley for example! Benoit has always been crisp in the ring, while Foley put his body on the line. Benoit was more action than talk, while Foley and his many gimmicks had some of the best promos in the business! Ric Flair can still get a crowd going .. and so can Hogan! Sure, nostalgia helps but u've either got it or not, and they do!

Edited by DavidB

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read an interview with Hogan over at Rajah.com.

In it he mentions about the 93000 at WM3 and that he thinks that if Austin came back and wrestled him(Hogan) at the Silverdome(Very unlikely) they would beat the record set at WM3.

Hmmmm as much as i like both Austin & Hogan, i just dont see them pulling off anything like a decent match. Even in their prime, they are all wrong for each other. And now with both of them in not great shape i dont think it would sell out the silverdome. Hogan had his big one against the Rock. Dont think he could ever better that. Rock worked with him and made him look great. I dont think either one could make the other look good.

I have a shift sunday morning at 6am god ill be knacked by the nite time :blush:

I hope for your sake that they put HHH on last then. No way you will fall asleep and miss the game...Ahem *Whispers*lose his title... :P;);)

I have a shift sunday morning at 6am god ill be knacked by the nite time  :blush:

I hope for your sake that they put HHH on last then. No way you will fall asleep and miss the game...Ahem *Whispers*lose his title... :P;);)

MEANIE

I shall have a sleep in the afternoon and have 40 winks during the sumop match no chance i will miss it becoz of a little thing called sleep :P

I have a shift sunday morning at 6am god ill be knacked by the nite time  :lol:

I hope for your sake that they put HHH on last then. No way you will fall asleep and miss the game...Ahem *Whispers*lose his title... :lol::lol::lol:

MEANIE

I shall have a sleep in the afternoon and have 40 winks during the sumop match no chance i will miss it becoz of a little thing called sleep :lol:

Im well looking forward to it... Good thinking about the 40 winks during the sumo, think i'll join you!! :D:D

In it he mentions about the 93000 at WM3 and that he thinks that if Austin came back and wrestled him(Hogan) at the Silverdome(Very unlikely) they would beat the record set at WM3.

Hmmmm as much as i like both Austin & Hogan, i just dont see them pulling off anything like a decent match. Even in their prime, they are all wrong for each other. And now with both of them in not great shape i dont think it would sell out the silverdome. Hogan had his big one against the Rock. Dont think he could ever better that. Rock worked with him and made him look great. I dont think either one could make the other look good.

Just reading that, do you think any of the big stars would work with Hogan again after what he has done to the Rock and the Ultimate Warrior on big occasions?!!!

Just reading that, do you think any of the big stars would work with Hogan again after what he has done to the Rock and the Ultimate Warrior on big occasions?!!!

Good question!

I dont see it happening though. I thought Hogan looked old and flat at Mania, his muscular density has gone and his injurys have slowed him done a lot! He is so over that he should either bow out gracefully while on top or stick around for a few months and help to bring through the next batch of wrestlers. I dont see him siticking around to put over guys who are not superstars.

As much as i like and respect Hogan, i think he should take a step back and retire. He dont need the money. I dont want to see him coming out in his yellow and red wheelchair trying to be the man.

Yeah I would agree with that, I heard he was going to face Stone Cold at Wrestlemania 18, but Stone Cold knew what he would do and then the Rock stepped up and got the shaft!!!

See Stone Cold is more than just a whoop-ass machine, he has got some intelligence!!!

Yeah I would agree with that, I heard he was going to face Stone Cold at Wrestlemania 18, but Stone Cold knew what he would do and then the Rock stepped up and got the shaft!!!

See Stone Cold is more than just a whoop-ass machine, he has got some intelligence!!!

Fighting a legend like The Undertaker is one thing. Going against a legendery icon like Hulk Hogan is another thing entirely. He is everything that wrestling is, has been and will be.

Thats why i think he should help the next generation or retire.

• 4 weeks later...