- John Cena.

- Rey Mysterio.

- Eddie Guerrero.

- Kenzo Suzuki.

- Hardcore Holly.

- Rene Dupree.

- Paul London.

- 1 spot left for the Smackdown roster.

The ones in bold are the only ones I can see winning really, not the ones I'd like to see win! Out of all of them I'd go with Batista I think, I don't think that Cena needs to win it really plus a Smackdown wrestler has won it lately so it's time for a Raw guy to do it I think!

As usual there's a lot of talent that obviously don't have a chance in hell of winning it but it would be good for people like Daniel Puder, Paul London and Simon Dean to get a chance to shine and do something decent because Paul and Simon have a lot of talent and Daniel needs to start off well in his career. Others will just be fodder for the bigger stars ...

I'd expect Eddie to try and lie n cheat and fail again, perhaps involving Booker and Rey as it has done lately on Smackdown. There'll be pairings like Jericho/Hassan, Kane/Snitsky, Edge/HBK, and Cena/Suzuki that'll have to happen at some point I imagine ... but I guess we'll see!

• Moderators

Could be Lesnar, could be a "legend" like Iron Sheik although I don't see why! ... or could just be some random other person ... maybe Tajiri got signed to Smackdown so he'll take that place, that way him n Regal get revenge on Bischoff :unsure:

• Moderators

Gotta agree that the champions will be retaining at this PPV ... as for the other matches, I can see Edge getting one over on Shawn with some heel-type finish, nothing clean this time ... it would be NICE to see Undertaker win and end the crap feud but nope I think Heidenreich will win and perhaps involve Snitsky and/or Kane somehow as those people have been mentioned as a tag match at Wrestlemania perhaps?! Taker doesn't seem to mind losing at RR, and he'll get his usual Wrestlemania win!

I think the WWE needs to do something big between now and wrestlemana. It dont seem to be going anywhere fast. It cant rely on fan loyalty alone to keep us all interested. We need some juicy matchups and explosive feuds to be going on.

Remember Taker kidnapping Steph, The who ran down stone cold saga, austin and mcmahon feuds. All of these which kept us all watching, waiting for it all to explode.

I mean what have we had lately? Snitsky and Kane (yawn), Carlitto with a pettition (yawn), Taker and HeidenJOKE and pointless so called divas taking up valuable wrestling time with pillow fights for gods sake.

When is it all going to end?? Really think the brand extension needs to end and bring all the superstars of RAW and SMACKDOWN back under one roof.

• Moderators

Do u think bringing them together again would be the best idea?

I'm not entirely convinced right now anyway cuz there's ALREADY talent that is underutilised and if they get put together again then people r gonna get TOTALLY buried :lol: Imagine it being the HHH show ALL WEEK LONG :D

OK i hear what your saying and i suppose you have a valid point. What if then the PPV'S were always a combined mix, i mean then you could have a chance of interbrand feuds resulting in superstars jumping back and forth which could then result in more interesting PPV'S?

• Moderators

I loved the way that Paul London was eliminated, that looked sick :lol: but in all fairness that could have been given to any big man, like Batista for example, so it still doesn't improve Snitsky in my eyes lol

A pretty good solid PPV in my opinion, other than the Taker/Heidenreich match which I was never gonna enjoy and I didn't!

Edge/HBK went as long as I expected it to and finished how I expected as well! A good match between two good superstars who had to participate in the Rumble too.

The two title matches were predictable but entertaining enough - I loved the fact that the crowd were chanting RANDY SUCKS hehe and the Big Show was built up enough in his match to not make him look stupid - pretty good spot with him knocking JBL through the barrier.

The Royal Rumble match itself was as entertaining as it ever is, being spot based with in between being filled in by just random punches and slaps .. a few highlights:

Puder's "induction" to the WWE way of matches, loved it and fair play to him for taking all that.

Raw stars vs Smackdown stars - quite unique seeing heels and faces team to take on the other show.

Paul London's SICK elimination, great spot to watch.

EVERY superstar stopping to beat on Mohammad Hassan ... gotta love that ^_^

Other than that, not sure what else there was cuz it was late at night and I don't have the best memory ^_^

BUT ... thank God they didn't go with the double winner finish again. They managed to scare the crap outta me by having Batista and Cena hit the floor at the same time but THANKFULLY they restarted it and had Batista win out in the end! :D

A few things were set up for Wrestlemania it seems - Kane and Snitsky getting involved in the Casket Match, that was cool having Kane in the casket! ... and HBK eliminating Kurt Angle and then getting eliminated and attacked by him after.

Overall a pretty predictable yet entertaining PPV in my opinion. The Rumble match always makes the PPV, and judging by the crowd responses to Cena and Batista during their entrances, the right two men were there at the end.

I gotta agree on the Paul London exit, i think the poor kid was knocked all the way to next years rumble with the shot he took from s***sky!!

What did everybody make of the HHH v Orton match? It really looked to me like randy got his bell rung in a big way, the vacant look in his eyes said to me that he didnt know where he was. Not that HHH let up on him, that clothesline he hit orton with was bettered only by the snitsky clothesline on London. I would be very suprised if Randy remembers anything about the last 10 or so minutes in that match.

I enjoyed the Angle v Show v JBL match, it was solid, which you would expect, again a hint of a bell ringing on JBL when Show hit him through the barricade.

Taker v HeidenJOKE was pure hokum. How much longer can the WWE embarriss one of their greatest superstars. The only brightside is that it could get Taker & Kane back for another tag team run?? Just hope they dont put s***sky & HeidenJOKE together to take them on.

I enjoyed the Micheals v Edge match match, two great talents who rarely dissapoint, though i was suprised Edge wasnt put over cleanly!! This feud is going to run a bit longer i think, unless Angle gets in the way which is highly likely.

The rumble itself was good, was looking for a few suprises but they didnt come. Still the rumbe had some great moments.

Top moments for me were

Puder getting slapped so hard his chest lit up like blackpool

Hassan getting beaten down and thrown out by the entire ring of superstars

Cena getting Viscera over the top rope RESPECT

Paul London getting turned inside out by s***sky

Batista giving Kane a Batista bomb MUCH RESPECT

Cena giving Kane an FU over the top rope

Flair trying to throw Batista over

Vinny Mac trying to get into the ring, clearly hurting himself and falling flat on his spam :lol:

I have too conclude that while my pick Batista won the rumble, i have a huge respect for Cena who by far got the best pop of the night. I expect both these guys to hold a world chamionship sometime in 2005.

Edited by MRR2310

What do you make of the barbed wire cage match between Bigshow & JBL at No Way Out?

My personel thoughts are that the WWE really does'nt need to get involved with that sort of match!

Would like to see what everyone else thinks of this???

I think we knew that match was going to happen.

Immediately when the poster for No Way Out was released, everyone noticed the usual chain wrapped around the logo had been changed to barbed wire.

Should prove to be an interesting match, although i can see JBL still walking away with the gold and losing it to Cena at Wrestlemania.

• Moderators

Yeah, JBL will win, I don't think there's any doubt about that. Big Show in all fairness doesn't deserve to main event Wrestlemania!

The barbed wire won't be too bad, they have used it before (albeit just on a 2x4 and baseball bat etc) so they do know what they're doing, and JBL matches are best when they are brutal brawls as he's nothing as a mat wrestler really! So I personally think it's a good idea.

I thought the royal rumble was a fantastic, action packed card and really made up for the waste of time at NYR.

The booking mostly made sense, the fans were excellent all night and overall it was one of the best PPV's in ages.

I thought the HHH-Orton match was the weakest match, but every match was entertaining.

The royal rumble was well thought out, and the Vinnie Mac bit at the end was hilarious, looks like he badly sprained his ankle/knee. Also I thought the Flair/Eddie segments were really funny as well.

I think the WWE did well this time, and planted the seeds for some cracking Wrestlemania matches.

It looks like for Wrestlemania we will now see

Batista vs HHH (possibly Orton???)

Cena vs JBL

Taker/Kane vs Snitsky/Heidenreich

Michaels vs Angle

• Moderators

I'm quite interested in whether they'll carry on the concussion angle with Orton and take his character somewhere else cuz obviously the face turn hasn't worked if the crowd were behind HHH of all people in the title match ..