CATE BLANHETT

Poppy

Being a huge fan of cate, (and leo of cousre!) went to the aviator premiere to meet her, after spending 7 hours in the FREEZING COLD! the stars start to arrive - kate beckinsale signed up to ten people in front of me and went in -LEO signed either side of me (so gutted) and Ian Holm did not show (even though he was on the guest list?????)

BUT

CATE walked straight in, she did not wave, she did not smile, she did not even look at the fans - she was happily chatting to the press but ignored the fans completely. I am not jokin it was freezing but if kate beckinsale can put on a fur coat and sign then so can cate blanchett!

I am absolutely disgusted - lost all my respect for cate blanchett and am rather upset! :huh::D

i'm so upset! I cried all the way home on the train - believe me i have had a BAD week! and when leo was inside the buildin he kept pointing at us and saying i;ll be out in one minute and waving a blowing kisses, but then his car parked right in front of us so he couldn't really get to us!

I don;t fancy leo i just think he is brillant - i'm not sure i am gonna be able to watch the aviator now - my hands actually went blue and my feet numb and it was all for nothing!

I have never had such a bad premiere! Also martin scorsese did a cate blanchett and ignored the fans completely - he got booed alot!

(i don;t boo i don;t see the point, but the rest of the crowd had no issue with it!) and i;m sure cate would have got booed but she got picked up out the back! she could have come out and waved but no! she refused to even acknowledge us!

I don;t fancy leo i just think he is brillant - i'm not sure i am gonna be able to watch the aviator now - my hands actually went blue and my feet numb and it was all for nothing!

Apparently he could win an Oscar for this role - personally I think that would be FANTASTIC as he should have won one for Gilbert Grape! Still, the nomination was good enough!!

f***ing awesome (and very under-rated actor) :D

thats awful....!Im really surprised too because, as you said Poppy, I always thought of her to be someone who appreciates the fans and who says that the fans are the ones who have put her where she is and everything. I think its a real shame when the celebs do this at premieres and things - it lets a whole lot of people down.

On the other hand, Leo sounds like a star!!!! I love him, I have done for years now and I'm so pleased to hear about how he signed a lot and blew kisses and everything... the sweetheart :D

Aww man if i had kinda clicked it into me head at some point in the last month i would have like known that the premiere was yesterday, and i so would have gone!!!! I would have loved to go, and know im getting all goosepimply and the like coz of Leo omgggggggg love him *squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee* :blush:

Its a horrible blow that.... You look up to someone and respect them and then when your dream comes true...you get to meet this person.....

and its a huge let down...horrible

hopefully she was just having a bad day herself....or doesnt like big crowds... she might be a sweetie on one to one talking....

BIG HUGS FOR POPPY!!

awww mate that must be so frustrating! waiting their all that time for nothing. I'm quite surprised she did that too, she always struck me as someone who had time for her fans. I'm glad you got air kisses from Leo tho, that must have made up for it a bit! <_<

Hi Poppy

U OK babe - I hope you have calmed down a little.

BTW

I was stood next to Poppy on Sunday and also came away empty handed apart from Joshua Jackson - who was lovely

Leo was great - I am sure that he would of signed for me if his car was not in the way when we came out of the cinema ;)

I know someone who got all there autos but he was very lucky and just held his pad out for them to sign.

It is the only premiere that not ONE of the stars went right along the front row of the fans and signed - even Robbie Williams did it at the Bridget Jones premiere.

Cate Blanchett only signed about 10 autos - there were 3000 people in LS that night.

Oh well - I will not be beaten!!! Lets hope that Leo attends the BAFTAS and takes a leaf out of his Gilbert Grape co star and sign lots of autos!!!!!

Lisa

i agree i was majorly disappointed by all of the stars except Leo cause he did sign more autos than anyone else and i managed to get one

but i was really there for Kate Beckinsale and she didnt get anywhere near me

Joshua Jackson apologised to us cause he got pulled away by his P.A.

and as you habe mention Scorsese and Blanchett did hardly any

Kate Beckinsale was very close to us but called pulled away by her PA to go and talk to the press.

I did get Joshua Jackson and he was lovely

Cate Blanchett was the worse - I mean I didn't Leos auto but he was so lovely - waving and blowing kisses to us

Cate did not even look at the people who had been stood there since 8/9am to see her :unsure:

Lisa

I know - I got Tom Cruise at Collatral - He is amazing :D:huh:

The papers all said that Leo spent about 20/30mins meeting fans - errrr I don't think so :unsure:

What time were they due to turn up then?

I also feel that it was at the wrong cinema and if it had been at the other one more people would of got autos

Lisa

hey kirsty, u r right! it does keep happening to me!

hey lisa - i have calmed down but only slightly! I stupidely watched titanic last night and was rather annoyed when i realised that i had missed leo, kate and billy zane at premieres - well they missed me!

i was also rather put out by the papers because not only did they say he spent loads longer signing than he did but they also lied and said he was grumpy when he blatantly wasn;t. Give my love to Jo and remember save my spot for the baftas - haha! :rolleyes:

There's something I don't like about Cate Blanchett, I don't know what it is. In all her films, she really, really irritates me. Even in the trailer for The Aviator, she annoyed me. I guess now my opinion's reinforced :wub:

Sorry you were disappointed at the premiere :(. Those things are so hit and miss for fans.

Edited by RangerGirl