Stargate Meet

stanmarsh

So, um, me and Sah were talking about if all the SG forum people could meet up. :lol:

So what do people think? I guess seeing as we all live in different parts of the country that we could maybe find a middle ground so we all travel the same distance.

Sah wanted me to post this even though I probably wont go. :lol:

So yea, I just posted this to see what everyone thinks. You can discuss places and times here as well I guess.

Here is something to add in for a meeting up - where is you local airport? Where does it go?

I'm in Exeter so it's ok for me to get to Glasgow by plane, Newcastle, Manchester. Southampton is only a little drive away and that takes me further afield! Flying is much cheaper than a train so chip in where you can fly to and see what we get.

Also, if we are coming from all over, we should make it worth our while getting there. Would you fancy an overnight stay, weekender?

What activities - are we looking for a quiet drink or some kind of adverturous day!

Accommodation? 6 of my friends recently chipped in and spent 4 days in a water mill for just £55 each! (Thats where I was going when I crashed my car!)

Sorry if this isn't what you had in mind - i'm just have a big imgination! I just love the idea of meeting up with other gaters. I made this website to try and do just that but havn't had much time to push it:

Stargate Academy

There is a bunch of SG fans in the York area, Southampton and Essex area and near Manchster

And you remember this map yeah:

Where are you map

Just to show you how much of a dreamer I am I once looked into chartering a private aircraft for a trip to the StarGate ride in Breman Germany!

Theres lots more in here just dying to get out! :lol:

oooo cool idea!!! how about London!!! we could go to the wax works and get our photos done with "celebs"! i've always wanted to go there! That pop idol thing looks so cool!!!

Edited by Kayla

Those are some big ideas ACW! I dunno what everyone wants to do though. :lol:

Yeah - Just kinda flows out! :lol:

How about we try and find when and where?

I'd say March time as that gives us time to recover from Christmas! Where? MK as we 'know' it perhaps?

It might be better to go to another organised event not like a signing or anything but something like Detling - Its a big military fair, they have people going in all sorts of costumes from army to roman soldiers, trust me SG uniforms would fit in quite well. That could easily tie into the idea of this being an SG meeting.

An event that has already been organised by someone else seems like a good idea to me as it would save a lot of hassle when it came to organising what people were going to do when they got to this , destination. Other then that all that I can think of is somewhere like London as everyone knows where that is and it is quite easy for most people to get to by plane, train, coach or car. :D

Just a thought

:wub:

yey hey you posted the topic knew you could do it :angry:

loving the ideas but I can't get a plan anywhere du to the fact I can't drive to the airport :P

march is good - how bout LFACC3? :P I will more than likely go even if there is no one I want to meet, it'll be great to crew and also see people from the forum -_-

Exeter cool my sister is in uni there! I love Cornwall/Devon it's soo cwl! ;)

ummmm yesssss!! :P

Luv sah xx

• Showmasters Admin

Exeter cool my sister is in uni there! I love Cornwall/Devon it's soo cwl! :rolleyes:

Luv sah xx

And it's kind of my home town too. Well it's where I've lived the longest and my parents are still there.

Hey guys, You're quite welcome to drop by anytime, you'll have to mind you head Too Tall :lol: but It would be great to see you! Let me know when you're next down to see sis or parents!

Has LFCC3 been announced? That would be great! If we plan ahead we could get a place to stay and have a really good time!

LFACC3 has not been announced to my knowledge but I think most people are expecting it to be March time as that's when LFACC was :D

if people are happy to meet there then great - I'll probs go even if I don't wanna meet any guests, will just crew and hang out with you lovely people :lol:

would have LOVED to have considered uni down South but the fact that the Welsh Assembly very kindly gives me money to stay here in Wales, well....! :o

SOO jelous TT and ACW of you guys having lived/living down there, the surf is excellent for one thing! :D and then there's surfer guys *ahem* I mean Newquay :P

yessssss! :D

Luv sah xx

ps-any other suggestions as to some where central for EVERYONE so people don't miss out?! Nikki and Ann - you you you I dunno!!!! trust you to be right up the other end of the country!!!!! :angel: