Yay for Halloween!!!!

vamps!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Prepare for even more paranoia....

There was an old lady who lived on her own in a very foggy part of Dartmoor. She had lived alone for fifteen years, ever since her husband had died in a mysterious car accident. However, the car accidenet is not my present purpose on which to dwell. You see, this old lady had a passion for jigsaw puzzles, it probably came with the stigma of being alone for she had no family or friends and lived in a very secluded spot. Every night she would sit at her dining room table and work on her current jigsaw puzzle until it was finished, then she would start a new one.

However, there came a night, a rugged, windy, stormy winter night when she ran out of jigsaw puzzles. She was extremely upset as she had nothing else to do (this was in the days before TV and her radio had no signal in so removed a place). She was just thinking of going up to bed earlier than usual when she heard a thud, as if something had fallen onto the mat from the mail flap.

Intruiged, the old lady hobbled downstairs to find a rectangular parcel had been put through the door and now lay, invitingly, on the mat. She picked it up, carried it upstairs to her dining table and opened it to reveal a new jigsaw puzzle! It had no picture of what it made up on the front but the old lady didn't care. Neither did she care who had sent it, she was just so happy to have another puzzle to do.

It took her about an hour to complete it but as she began the get the entire picture her consternation grew for she saw that the picture being made up was that of the very room in which she now sat. Then, she gasped, for she realised that the woman sitting at the table in the picture with her back to the window was a picture of her!!! Her fingers tremeled as she placed the last four pieces of the puzzle to reveal a picture of a crazed madman at the window staring into the room, holding an axe!

The last thing that old lady ever heard was the sound of breaking glass...

This legend was told in the movie "Dead Poets Society"

Once there was a beautiful young girl who lived in a small town just south of Farmersburg. Her parents had to go to town for a while, so they left their daughter home alone, but protected by her dog, which was a very large collie. The parents told the girl to lock all the windows and doors after they had left. And at about 8:00pm the parents went to town. So doing what she was told the girl shut and locked evey window and every door. But there was one window in the basement that would not close completely.

Trying as best as she could she finally got the window shut, but it would not lock. So she left the window, and went back upstairs. But just to make sure that no one could get in, she put the dead-bolt lock on the basment door.

Then she sat down had some dinner and decided to go to sleep for the night. Settling down to sleep at about 12:00 she snuggled up with the dog and fell asleep.

But at one point, she suddenly woke up. She turned and looked at the clock...it was 2:30. She snuggled down again wondering what had woken her.....when she heard a noise. It was a dripping sound. She thought that she had left the water running, and now it was dripping into the drain of her sink. So thinking it was no big deal she decided to go back to sleep.

But she felt nervous so she reached her hand over the edge of her bed, and let the dog lick her hand to feel safe, knowing he would protect her. Again at about 3:45 she woke up hearing dripping. She was slightly angry now but went back to sleep anyway. Again she reached down and let the dog lick her hand. Then she fell back to sleep.

At 6:52 the girl decided that she had had enough...she got up just in time to see her parents were pulling up to the house. "Good,"she thought. "Now somebody can fix the sink...'cause I know I didn't leave it running." She walked to the bathroom and there was the collie dog, skinned and hung up on the curtain rod. The noise she heard was its blood dripping into a puddle on the floor. The girl screamed and ran to her bedroom to get a weapon, in case someone was still in the house.....and there on the floor, next to her bed she saw a small note, written in blood, saying: HUMANS CAN LICK TOO MY BEAUTIFUL.

hee hee... I've heard that story sooo many times :)

I love urban legends... to an extent...

I like folklore, like about vampires and stuff!!! (not as a hobby, I just think it's kinda cool and creepy...)

read my poem(s)!!!

The Creature:

Strange Silence

Tries my patience

Looking all around

Tapping fingers

Clicking tongue

Searching with my eyes.

Looking.

Looking.

The walls close in

The floor spins.

I start to rock.

Back and forth

Back and forth.

Watching

Waiting.

What am I looking for?

What am I looking for?

A creeping creature on the floor

Has made it's way outside my door

and so I go to lock it out

I try my hardest not to shout.

But it somehow enters in,

I keep still and try not to scream.

I hope this all is just a dream.

It slithers all around my legs

It makes me shudder,

frightened,

For even if I move an inch

It's grip will surely tighten.

It claws it's talons through my skin,

It will not, shall not enter in!

It must not see my heart and soul,

I let a scream course through my bones.

The creature loosens grip.

I wriggle free of it's death hold

It's razor claws do slip.

I yell 'You're not a part of Me!'

It hisses, teeth a-shining.

I scream 'Now you just let me be!'

It's wail is high, and whining.

It slithers out of my back door.

I lock it, scared of what may come.

Back from the past to haunt me.

What shadowed foe might leap

out of the darkness,

Reaching for my feet?

• Moderators
Prepare for even more paranoia....

There was an old lady who lived on her own in a very foggy part of Dartmoor. She had lived alone for fifteen years, ever since her husband had died in a mysterious car accident. However, the car accidenet is not my present purpose on which to dwell. You see, this old lady had a passion for jigsaw puzzles, it probably came with the stigma of being alone for she had no family or friends and lived in a very secluded spot. Every night she would sit at her dining room table and work on her current jigsaw puzzle until it was finished, then she would start a new one.

However, there came a night, a rugged, windy, stormy winter night when she ran out of jigsaw puzzles. She was extremely upset as she had nothing else to do (this was in the days before TV and her radio had no signal in so removed a place). She was just thinking of going up to bed earlier than usual when she heard a thud, as if something had fallen onto the mat from the mail flap.

Intruiged, the old lady hobbled downstairs to find a rectangular parcel had been put through the door and now lay, invitingly, on the mat. She picked it up, carried it upstairs to her dining table and opened it to reveal a new jigsaw puzzle! It had no picture of what it made up on the front but the old lady didn't care. Neither did she care who had sent it, she was just so happy to have another puzzle to do.

It took her about an hour to complete it but as she began the get the entire picture her consternation grew for she saw that the picture being made up was that of the very room in which she now sat. Then, she gasped, for she realised that the woman sitting at the table in the picture with her back to the window was a picture of her!!! Her fingers tremeled as she placed the last four pieces of the puzzle to reveal a picture of a crazed madman at the window staring into the room, holding an axe!

The last thing that old lady ever heard was the sound of breaking glass...

This legend was told in the movie "Dead Poets Society"

:lol: I love that one :lol:

STARLIGHT

Winding path

Creeping branches

Trees as dark as night.

Stench of bog

Forgotten place

Nothing here is right.

Crowing ravens

Slinking snakes

Scurry from the light.

Barren land

Abandoned hope

In a former life.

Twisting arms of

Ancient oak

Trying as they might.

Nothing here.

Saddened search.

Hidden out of sight.

Quagmire creatures

Make no noise.

Silent birds take flight.

Here I am

Looking for

A life, empty of plight.

Tell me now

Tell me true

Would I be alright?

.... and one final one .....

A young couple went out to dinner one evening and left the baby-sitter in charge of their two children. The children had been put to bed and the baby-sitter was watching the television when the phone rang. She answered but all she heard was a man laughing hysterically and then a voice saying, "I'm upstairs with the children, you'd better come up." Thinking it was "one of those prank phone calls" or a practical joke she slammed down the receiver and turned the television sound up.

A short time later the phone rang again and, as she picked it up, the unmistakable hysterical laughter came down the line and the voice once again said "I'm upstairs with the children, you'd better come up." Getting rather frightened she called the operator and was advised they would notify the police and, should he phone again, could she keep him talking in order to give them time to trace the call and have him arrested.

Minutes after she replaced the receiver the phone rang again and, when the voice said, "I'm upstairs with the children, you'd better come up," she tried to keep him talking. However, he must have guessed what she was trying to do and he put the phone down.

Only seconds later the phone rang again, this time it was the operator who said, "Get out of the house straight away, the man is on the extension." The baby-sitter put down the phone and just then heard someone coming down the stairs. She fled from the house and ran straight into the arms of the police. They burst into the house and found a man brandishing a large butcher's knife. He had entered the house through an upstairs window, murdered both the children and was just about to do the same to the poor baby-sitter.

The Goolamuch (pronounced Goo-lah-muck)

Bells toll their doom across the City;

Quickened footsteps, frightened air.

Fearing the day the creatures come out,

Footsteps panic here and there.

The Goolamuch has woken now

It thuds away from it's cold lair

The men are scared of what will come

From such a monster without cares.

The Goolamuch, it's eyes a glowing

Has ventured out into the night

It's teeth are blunt, not made for cutting,

But crunching bones until daylight.

A drunken man, he stumbles, careless,

Slurred of tongue, and blurred of sight,

Into the corner of the City,

Where even monsters have their rights.

A moment later comes a sound

That would make a clock stop dead.

The Goolamuch has feasted here

The City hangs it's saddened head.

And so, with heart a-pounding,

The victim drags, with dread,

His legs, limp, from the gutter.

He covers up his weary head.

The Goolamuch lies waiting,

His gullet nearly full.

The man lays not too far away

The Goolamuch, it pulls.

These legs break off so easily.

The man grabs a handful,

Of the Beast's skin and starts to tug,

It feels just like sheep's wool.

The next day the City awakens again

To a day that's most like any other.

Most people don't realize the Goolamuch's power,

Or that someone is missing a brother.

His name is forgotten, as most of them are,

The father's the sister's, the mother's.

But no one forgets where the Goolamuch lives.

Not me, not until it is smothered.

When day has settled down to bed,

Night raises it's lovely head.

Seeping in to every crack,

Daring light to take it back.

Whispered voices talk at ease.

Dampened spirits cry their pleas.

Every ounce of soul and being

Tries to love, without quite seeing.

Now the night has had it's way,

Now that it makes way for day.

So you've ended up with a corpse in your house, did you know......

[a] If a woman is buried in black, she will return to haunt the family.

If a dead person's eyes are left open, he'll find someone to take with him.

[c] Mirrors in a house with a corpse should be covered or the person who sees himself will die next.

Edited by PyleaDude