where do the stars stay

hello there i am new to this , i went to collectomania for the first time today , got everybody i wanted

it was good , but has anyone tried asking for stars autographs when they have been walking around , where do they go for lunch , where do they stay, which hotels ,

do they stay in london or milton keynes ?

has anyone waited for them to come in to see if they will sign before they get into the MK centre

i went for lunch yesterday and was in the same establishment as nic brendon and i saw danny strong, tom lenk and billy boyd strolling around..........but i won't tell you where i was because i also think it would be really crap of people to bother quests when their actually having a break from all that, if you bother them they might not do it again! and we don't want that........

by the way i had a great time yesterday and may i comment on how very sexy nic brendon was looking............

i am not really interested in the c list buffy stars where they have lunch , i am more interested in the star wars guests well the main 2 billy dee williams and carrie fisher ,

and as for the stalker bit , i have never been to milton keynes before i was just curious , its the autograph side of me coming out ,

i am a hardened autograph collector who has met many a bigger star , i thought this site was about talking and sharing info

I have to agree that it does not seem right to pester stars for autographs/photos when they are trying to have a break. Everyone needs some time off.

I bumped into Harrison Ford (and Calista F) earlier this year whilst I/they were on holiday. Harrison wanted to moor next to my boat and needed a hand. I would have loved to ask for his autograph but it just did not seem right (I wish I had now though - it would have looked great next to Carrie's)

They deserve a 'life' too.

i am not really interested in the c list buffy stars where they have lunch , i am more interested in the star wars guests well the main 2 billy dee williams and carrie fisher ,

and as for the stalker bit , i have never been to milton keynes before i was just curious , its the autograph side of me coming out ,

i am a hardened autograph collector who has met many a bigger star , i thought this site was about talking and sharing info

id hardly consider nicholas brendon a c list buffy star havign been in the title credits for 7 season

you were very lucky yo just bump into harrison ford and calista flockhart , weas that when the were on there boating holiday in this country ,

you did well not to ask them for a autograph, i am afraid , to say that in your shoes i would have done , how many times in your life time do you think you will bump into harrison ford not many, he is a very secrative and private man

i met him at the golden globes in loas angeles 2003, and that is when he was waiting for a lift with calista i was very luck , i did not ask calista , i was so pleased with harrison, i also once was in london at a newish hotel off oxford street where in new he was staying and a couple of other people he checked out and went to another hotel , he does not like to be hounded so the chance of a lifetime came and went for you with harrison ford ,

maybe we will see him at colectomania 30 in my dreams maybe

also why is everyone saying they deserve a life to , they have one more money the mr average , holidays , nice houses some earning 10, 000 pounds a day signing autograph perhaps more some people dont even earn that a year , free entry to events haveing clothes given to them for free , advertising money , re -reun of shows money , premiere partys 5 star hotels , but get bothered by the public (do you not realise its part of the job)

if stars do not expect intrusion into there lives , they should not do it ,

nicolas breedon big buffy star, i got a lecture on taking a photo , i said i would not bother , he is a joke , and too big for his boots,

i met frank sinatra a number of years a go 6 security got to him ask for autograph he didnt say no photos or this that and the other ,

some stars do change and stardom goes to there heads

can i just say i too have met many a big star............. i went to LA when the oscars were on in 2003 and saw ben afleck, jlo, nichole kidman, denzel washington, u2............ to name but a few so don't get all i don't care about c list buffy stars with me! i was just saying i think they deserve a break, i know their all loaded but we don't want to scare them off! anyway its all good fun and i think the event was great.........

hello there i am new to this , i went to collectomania for the first time today , got everybody i wanted

it was good , but has anyone tried asking for stars autographs when they have been walking around , where do they go for lunch , where do they stay, which hotels ,

do they stay in london or milton keynes ?

has anyone waited for them to come in to see if they will sign before they get into the MK centre

i met Robert Englund and sala baker and Lawrence makoare walking around MK the day b4 the last show and they all was happy to stand around have a good old chat and give me there Autos, so just a hint on how to get free autos is to go hunting for them the days b4 the show as they turn up at there hotel bored with cramp legs so they go for a walk around the centre

HAPPY HUNTING

i know where the guests stop at in a london show but they need time off aswell.there onlyhuman.ive only waited for 2 perons auto 4 free and thast was alyson hannigan and luke perry and i felt horrible as i would have rather paid as i bet they get annoyed foe signing non stop.

you were very lucky yo just bump into harrison ford and calista flockhart , weas that when the were on there boating holiday in this country ,

you did well not to ask them for a autograph, i am afraid , to say that in your shoes i would have done , how many times in your life time do you think you will bump into harrison ford not many, he is a very secrative and private man

i met him at the golden globes in loas angeles 2003, and that is when he was waiting for a lift with calista i was very luck , i did not ask calista , i was so pleased with harrison, i also once was in london at a newish hotel off oxford street where in new he was staying and a couple of other people he checked out and went to another hotel , he does not like to be hounded so the chance of a lifetime came and went for you with harrison ford ,

maybe we will see him at colectomania 30 in my dreams maybe

So you wouldn't have a problem if you were made to work through your lunchbreak and then your boss expected you to do work at home too then, after all that is what you are doing to the guest with your behaviour.

I think asking where guests are staying is stepping over the mark if you intend to wait to get free autos etc.

These people are just that.... people!!!

They do a job that is in the public eye and also very long hours. They may get good payment but money does not mean a good life. An instant example is the present court case in the States of the alleged Catherine Zeta Jones stalker. It has gone on and on and it is not even the proper court case yet. And now the fiancee of the accused as said she confirmed to him that Michael Douglas seduced her!!!

This is what people have to put up with and why convention/event organisers will put the guests in hotels along way away from the event itself.

Father Coop....you ain't stalking me in my free time!!

I think asking where guests are staying is stepping over the mark if you intend to wait to get free autos etc.

These people are just that.... people!!!

They do a job that is in the public eye and also very long hours. They may get good payment but money does not mean a good life. An instant example is the present court case in the States of the alleged Catherine Zeta Jones stalker. It has gone on and on and it is not even the proper court case yet. And now the fiancee of the accused as said she confirmed to him that Michael Douglas seduced her!!!

This is what people have to put up with and why convention/event organisers will put the guests in hotels along way away from the event itself.

Father Coop....you ain't stalking me in my free time!!

I agree that searching out where they're staying is over stepping any mark, but I'm not sure about your comment about them being 'just people'....

'Just people' don't require bodyguards, 'just people' don't get £25 for their signature, 'just people' don't get the same level of treatment...

These people (generally) are paid to be at an event, and as a result, some of their privacy is lost. Maybe it's fair, maybe it's not, but it's the so called price of fame. (That said, when the event is over, it's game over!)

If they've got any sense, they'll roll with it, play along with their fans, meet people, try and have fun and not get upset when someone asks them for an autograph whilst they're in the toilet (I was at a convention a few years back when this happened!)

(do you not realise its part of the job)

OK, show me one star who has signed a contract that says 'I have no right to privacy, anyone who wants to can take a picture of me any time they want, I have no right to refuse an autograph or photo. I will put the demands of fans, however rude they are, before those of myself and my familly and friends at all times, 24/7 365 days a year' etc etc and maybe I'll believe that argument. But you can't can you?

Their job is to act. They want to do a good job, give people pleasure and be admired for it. Their job does not include being hounded by oiks like you. (And you know it! You even said yourself Harrison changed hotel because he didn't want to be hounded!) You are just giving yourself an excuse to be selfish and rude.

(do you not realise its part of the job)

OK, show me one star who has signed a contract that says 'I have no right to privacy, anyone who wants to can take a picture of me any time they want, I have no right to refuse an autograph or photo. I will put the demands of fans, however rude they are, before those of myself and my familly and friends at all times, 24/7 365 days a year' etc etc and maybe I'll believe that argument. But you can't can you?

Their job is to act. They want to do a good job, give people pleasure and be admired for it. Their job does not include being hounded by oiks like you. (And you know it! You even said yourself Harrison changed hotel because he didn't want to be hounded!) You are just giving yourself an excuse to be selfish and rude.

365 days a year, no, absolutely not... at a convention or event... no, not even then, the celeb ALWAYS has the choice to refuse any request for any reason they like. They just have to put up with the negative publicity afterwards, not to mention the possibility that they won't get asked to events in future.

Again, this is a two way street. No amount of money gives a person the right to do what they want.

The stars know the score, but also have the right to privacy. When they are at their hotel on their own time they have the right to privacy.

Also, have the ever read the sign in an entrance to a club or concert hall etc??

"THE MANAGEMENT RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ADMISSION" etc etc etc

Yes, the stars are in this for the fame and money. But there is no way they have to or shold be expected to give up their lives.

Yes, as fans, we help them make their money. But, and this is an awfully large but (not yours BEX ;)), that does not mean we get to say and do what we want to them.

They are people doing a job...nothing more..nothing less..

How would you feel if one fo the stars came into your workplace and started being rude and ignorant...would you reserve the right to not serve them?

Even before Gordon Ramsey did Hell's Kitchen he wasn't shy in chucking out a famous actress from his restaurant as she was using the "Don't you know who I am line!!!"

Father Coop...get off my land!!! I am famous!!!

Again, this is a two way street. No amount of money gives a person the right to do what they want.

The stars know the score, but also have the right to privacy. When they are at their hotel on their own time they have the right to privacy.

Also, have the ever read the sign in an entrance to a club or concert hall etc??

"THE MANAGEMENT RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ADMISSION" etc etc etc

Yes, the stars are in this for the fame and money. But there is no way they have to or shold be expected to give up their lives.

Yes, as fans, we help them make their money. But, and this is an awfully large but (not yours BEX ;)), that does not mean we get to say and do what we want to them.

They are people doing a job...nothing more..nothing less..

How would you feel if one fo the stars came into your workplace and started being rude and ignorant...would you reserve the right to not serve them?

Even before Gordon Ramsey did Hell's Kitchen he wasn't shy in chucking out a famous actress from his restaurant as she was using the "Don't you know who I am line!!!"

Father Coop...get off my land!!! I am famous!!!

Yeah, they have the right to privacy in their own room. If someone went to the hotel and knocked on their door for an autograph, I'd expect the hotel to truf the intruder out.

A chance encounter in a public place is slightly different though and I think acceptable behaviour depends on the circumstance.

For example, I saw a British TV star eating with his family in a restaurant a year or so ago. I ntoiced him, smiled to him and let him get on with it. To approach would have been innapropriate in my book.

A couple of weeks ago, I was sat in a bar at lunch when I saw the MK Donds first time going out for lunch. A few kids stopped them and they happily gave autographs. Does that make it poor form? No, the players had the right to refuse, but it wasn't in their interest to do so, instead, being good sports gained them some more fans and a decent rep (in my eyes anyway).

As for your job anaology... I work in a payroll department. We get abusive people call us from time to time, but we don;t refuse to pay them because of it! So no, I wouldn't reserve the right not to pay them!! :blink: