The Party ?!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't have VIP tickets, but it seems like there was more fun upstairs with the 'common people!'

To me, £15 seems quite steep, although you'd expect to pay £10-£15 to see a band in MK. That said, I didn't think much of them and I think part of the problem was that the party didn't get started until the band had finished. When it DID get started, then it was quite a lot of fun.

SM if you're reading, a few suggestions for the future...

1. Don't have a VIP/Crew area, it just means there's less people to mingle with as they're all over the place. PLUS, it means the bar staff are split across several areas, so service is worse. It also gives a place for the celebs who turn up, a place to hide!

2. Tell the Hockey Stadium to sort it out. Kronnenberg on tap upstairs ran out at 7.45 (I think I got the dregs), Blue WKD soon after that. By 11 I don't think there was ANY lager on tap and by the time it closed, it was bottles of Becks (at £2.50) or nothing

3. Don't get a band in. It'll save you money, make for a better party atmosphere (unless the band are gonna play stuff people have heard) and mean you can make the cost of entry cheaper.

4. Don't advertise 'mingling with the stars'... we all know it's not going to happen! The point of the party (which people seem to have missed) is to meet PEOPLE.. not necessarily famous ones!!

£10-£15??

i could have gone to see my fave band EVER for £3 that night.. :wub:

well the party was not one of the best but as for all talk about guest at party that's up to them.

I go to meet and have fun with the fans that's what always makes a good party

the bar was small and was quick running out of all beer and all the rest of drinks and it shut at 12 not 12.30 as they said on mic

And the bar downstairs ran out of bottled beer, what a shambles..

and smirnoff black ices, EXTREMLY EARLY..

and rasberry archers.. :wub:

Yeah, then no Becks and Bud it was crap

:P

well the party was not one of the best but as for all talk about guest at party that's up to them.

the bar was small and was quick running out of all beer and all the rest of drinks and it shut at 12 not 12.30 as they said on mic

and rasberry archers.. :wub:

:P

Damn, you shoulda come upstairs.. we had nowt BUT Becks!!!

not exactly 'event of the year'

Not in any way!

There was more action going on in the toilets lol

omg, were you in there whilst someone was singing, i was singing while i widdled, came out, saw another door locked and RAN OUT! LOL

That was you!?!?!

:lol:

Only kiddin!

:unsure:

and rasberry archers.. :unsure:

:lol:

Damn, you shoulda come upstairs.. we had nowt BUT Becks!!!

But the queue was like 40 deep to get to the bar, I mean 1000 people and 3 bar staff!

Christ!

Completely agree with what everyone has said.

Just one thing, and I know I'll probably get battered for this, but did anyone else notice the massive amount of CLEARLY underage drinkers?

At the end of the party all I seemed to see were young people sprawled on benches giggling because that was all their brain seemed to be able to do what with the swimming in alcohol and all.

Where was the responisbilty for that? How many of those pelatic youngsters had to get in taxi's alone or with only one friend to get back to a hotel? I am not insinuating that taxi drivers are like that but it DOES happen.

I didn't see or hear one person get I.D'd.

Phi :unsure:

Well, I had fun cos I saw a lot of my mates and got drunk haha

But I could've done that anywhere...and for less money!!!

Plus, I couldn't believe it when they started to run out of drink...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!

Thought the night out bowling was much better :lol:

Ah well, I suppose it was the first one!

Plus, I couldn't believe it when they started to run out of drink...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!

Thought the night out bowling was much better B)

it was SO fun seeing you :lol:

Thought the night out bowling was much better  :unsure:

it was SO fun seeing you :firedevil:

Awww and you!!!!!!!!!! :lol::D:D

I didn't have VIP tickets, but it seems like there was more fun upstairs with the 'common people!'

To me, £15 seems quite steep, although you'd expect to pay £10-£15 to see a band in MK. That said, I didn't think much of them and I think part of the problem was that the party didn't get started until the band had finished. When it DID get started, then it was quite a lot of fun.

1. Don't have a VIP/Crew area, it just means there's less people to mingle with as they're all over the place. PLUS, it means the bar staff are split across several areas, so service is worse. It also gives a place for the celebs who turn up, a place to hide!

2. Tell the Hockey Stadium to sort it out. Kronnenberg on tap upstairs ran out at 7.45 (I think I got the dregs), Blue WKD soon after that. By 11 I don't think there was ANY lager on tap and by the time it closed, it was bottles of Becks (at £2.50) or nothing

3. Don't get a band in. It'll save you money, make for a better party atmosphere (unless the band are gonna play stuff people have heard) and mean you can make the cost of entry cheaper.

4. Don't advertise 'mingling with the stars'... we all know it's not going to happen! The point of the party (which people seem to have missed) is to meet PEOPLE.. not necessarily famous ones!!

£10-£15??

i could have gone to see my fave band EVER for £3 that night.. :firedevil:

damn straight

THE EXTRACTORS!

£10-£15??

i could have gone to see my fave band EVER for £3 that night.. :firedevil:

damn straight

THE EXTRACTORS!

we should've gone y'know, lol

not that i actually would've... but i like to think so..

leeeeee yes! if you get a cold, its from me, lol got any bite marks? :unsure:

God pass - anyone know anything about it. info booth knew nothing about it and no-one to ask at the party.

Also good to see that the winner of the Lord of the Rings competition values their prize so much, as it's for sale on ebay # 3843976179

Edited by kevinthegerbil

God pass - anyone know anything about it. info booth knew nothing about it and no-one to ask the party.

Also good to see that the winner of the Lord of the Rings competition values their prize so much, as it's for sale on ebay # 3843976179

OMG!

hahaha!

what lotr comp?!"

God pass - anyone know anything about it. info booth knew nothing about it and no-one to ask at the party.

Hahahaahaha Pure Class

Thanks for posting it!

:angry:

in regards to this billy thing this is what it said on the Special events page

"A HUGE CELEBRATION FOR OVER 1000 FANS !!

AND MANY CELEBRITY GUESTS TURNING UP TO JOIN IN THE FUN!

including: BILLY BOYD, NATHANIEL LEES, THOMAS ROBINS, ADAM BUSCH and many more to be confirmed"

I enjoyed the party, and would have paid £15 just to see common rotation.

that said, all of the points raised are vaild:

not a good bar (no ice or cold soft drinks)

VIP food not that big

venue a little small, dark and unsuitable for everyone to see CM rotation from all parts of the room. (i.e no raised stage).

no goody bags

(including several who will not be at the main Collectormania event), - this was only daniel logan as far as i could tell.

I'm not getting irate about it, as i had a good time. but the points are valid.......

Hi

I guess I better add my comments on the party

On the whole I had a good time - being a massive Starsky and Hutch fan - getting to ride in the Car was the highlight for me!!!!!!

I am abit miffed that Billy did not go BUT when I met him (at 10.00ish on the Sat) my sister asked him if he was going and offered to buy him a drink and he knew nothing about it. I don't think Billy was ever going to that party :P

The band were great and the HP lads were also really funny and I got my photo taken with the twins and Jamie :) - he he that saved some money!!!!

I can understand why people were miffed - my mate only went to see Billy and it would of been nice to see Nick but hey he was funny the whole weekend and only redemed himself at the Buffy talk - funny guy

Lisa

So Billy DEFINATELY DIDNT know about the party??

Did you have a kind of conversation that lead you to believe that he didnt know? If so what was it/what was said, if you dont mind me asking ,

Sorry to ask but I really would like to know for certain reasons.

Thanks for you help!! :D

* as regards to the guests attending, they didnt have to go. it was upto them entirely. As for Billy Boyd attending. He is mobbed ( and stalked by people who dodnt seem to care about privacy)where ever he goes, do you really think he'd want to go to a small dark room over filled with possible over enthusastic fans. he likes his fans but knows where to draw a limit. sadly this was probably one of them. This also goes for Nick Brendon. (who i saw being followed many tiems when he went off for breaks, having cameras flashed in his face follwed by screamers. Luckily he had 3 bodyguards around him. Im not suprised) They are just people, they need their privacy and a break now and then.

Can I just say that I agree with everything you have said APART from the guests (i.e Billy Boyd).

As far as people were concerned he was advertised so everyone assumed he had accepted to come.

Why do people automatically assume that he would get mobbed? Yes, he has fans but not the kind of people who would stalk him all night. There are the people who would just have been satisfied that he went, those who wouldve just like to say Hi and those who would have liked a chat.

Didnt he know to draw the limit there? Should he have? No, because he quite happily went and enjoyed it. He also has attended The One Ring parties which is organised and attended by fans. He happily mingled there without any bodyguards.

WE didnt want to be in a pokey hole, never mind Billy.

Billy couldve got mobbed, groped and stalked just as easily during the day but he didnt. He could have had a bodyguard close by him on the night too. There were plenty of security there.

I couldnt get to see Billy during the days so it would have been nice to see him, not talk to him, on the night.

IF Billy didnt know about the party (which someone has said) then that is disgusting and possibly a legal issue for Billy there, using his name to sell tickets.

If he did know, he agreed to go, he agreed for his name to be used, he knew what it would entail etc.

I dont see why people think Billy is this HUUUUGE star? Yes, he has a big following but he didnt get what Elijah got when he came. Billy is down to earth, friendly and doesnt have these stalkers you mention from what I can gather (or maybe they just didnt come to C6 lol)

Anyway, Ive said all im going to say on this issue now. People have different opinions about the guests attending. Im getting ready for some action.