The Party ?!

Cash bar.. and Billy didnt turn up as far as i know.. he would have been mobbed if he had!

the bowling on friday night cost me about £5 for a game, and about £5 for a few drinks! i also spent about £5 on the arcade machines as well!

so for 15 quid total i had a much better night than an event that cost 15 quid to get into!

unfortunately, i think that if they try another one, they better convince the fans (us) that it will be worth going to, as many of us will be very sceptical...

(oh btw a big thanks to Hobbit of Dorsetshire for organising the bowling on the friday.. i know it didnt all go to plan, but it was a great evening, and it was a pleasure to meet you!)

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree - what a load of rubbish - i was really disappointed. We had looked forwarded to it for such a long time and i came away feeling really disappointed.

I did'nt really expect to get too close to the stars as there were so many there but we did not get what was advertised. no food - as someone has mentioned the bar staff need to learn how to do their job - while i was at the bar someone asked for a lager and lime and got a pint of beer with a slice of lemon in it!

the whole thing was a total waste of time - they must have made a fortune out of us!!

well the party was not one of the best but as for all talk about guest at party that's up to them.

I go to meet and have fun with the fans that's what always makes a good party

the bar was small and was quick running out of all beer and all the rest of drinks and it shut at 12 not 12.30 as they said on mic

heck if they had asked for volunteers to man a bar, then im sure we could have scraped together a good crew!

the bar staff, whilst being polite, werent overly experienced.. i was upstairs at the bar, and the person serving in our area of the bar went on break, and noone moved over to cover.. eventually we got served, but after a fair few people who arrived at the bar well after us!

also, just one bar upstairs and a weeny one downstairs?!? they could have speeded thing up tremendously with a couple of people behind a table, with a large amount of cold bottles, and a bottle opener, thus creating a bottle bar on one side away from the main bar, and having the main bar doing pints, spirits and other bottles.. Would have speeded up the queues no end and ensure more people had enough to drink, especially as there were a large amount of people just queueing up for ages for a bottle!

I agree :o !

It was like I was back at my old school disco, it was rubbish!!!

And the goody bag, as we left we asked about it and the woman at the door didn't have a clue!!!!!

Not happy at all, potentially could have ruined what was actually a great 3 days - definitely a waste of £15 (x 2 - for the Mrs too). And what was the VIP area - crap!!!!!!

;):angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

these are some of the reasons I dont 'do' such parties. ... If you think about it, the price is not high (15 quid right?) so to be honest what do you expect for that... Other parties cost a lot more to get what you guys expected from the C6 party. Dont get me wrong, I agree that if something is advertised with details you should get what you think you have paid for. After reading the goodie bag was merely an Aliens poster and box of Smarties I think SM should concentrate on the event itself, not the 'freebies'.

Dont forget some of the big UK based events cost a fortune for tickets (thinking of some of the Buffy/Angel events) and Collectormania is free to come up - I see the party as an excuse to get together, nothing more. If you want to meet the celebs at a party thengo for the bigger, more expensive events....

At the end of the day 15 quid does not get you much, save it for a sig next time.

to SM: maybe dont bill the party as something so big, unless you can deliver (which prob means it will be a lot more expensive) - why not just make it a fan gathering, no celebs billed etc...

Just my Sunday thoughts....

WHAT A PILE OF CRAPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!

I am sooooo angry!!

I agree with garnerman, we should all be given a refund.

I went especially to see Billy Boyd as I couldnt get to see him during the days. I was so excited and been looking forward to it for over a month.

It was the worst party Ive ever been to and Ive been to many.

I had to ask at 11.30pm if Billy was coming as was told by security that he had "jet lag" and was "too tired".

I cant beleive that he either cant show his face for 30 mins AND Showmasters couldnt even announce that he wasnt coming at all. Was it to get people to stay and fill the tills?

The only guests I recognised were Sala, who came in for 5 mins to listen to the band. As soon as someone said "glad you could make it" he seemed to disappear. Some of the Harry Potter kids.

Billy must have said he was coming in the first place for his name to be there.

Where were these guests who SM said were coming who werent attending and of C6 (QUOTE: "including several who will not be at the main Collectormania event")?

Not only did it cost me £30 (2 tickets) but it also cost me accomodation (Holiday Inn - £70) and taxis to and from the venue (venue?? RUBBISH).

No atmosphere, Crap music (dont mean Common Rotaion), we got NOTHING that was advertised. I feel so angry and robbed!!!!! I have NOTHING to show for this "party".

Isnt this a case for Trading Standards? Seeing as though SM havent delivered what was advertised. False advertising!!!!

I WANT A REFUND!!

As for the bar staff being good. MYYYY GOD!! Not to me they werent! One of them didnt even know what a lager and lime was (1st it was a pint of lager with a slice of lemon in it then it was a pint of lager with lemonade in it)

I had to buy pints as I dint want to keep going the (tiny) bar as it was always full and could never get served!!

Well BuFF always shoots from the Hip. so here goes...

Well when the gang arrived we had a good laugh in the section, meeting forum members and a few peeps I wanted to hook up and was generally good........Unfortunatley it all turned sour when we all headed up stairs to what can only be descibed as a working mans clud!!, the part where the band was was about 20 rows deep, but I guess that was to be expected, but we couldnt here the music from the back end by the bar, just an occasional symbol. I decided to head back downstairs and stood at the bar waiting to get served, while there I spoke to a dealer who was not a happy bunny at all and slated the party beyound belief, when finally getting served (20mins later) and there was no one at the bar, I just decided to chat to my mates before enough was enough and in the words of Wishmaster "It was time to blow this popsicle stand!"

The bottom line was that the party was Sh!T, basically it felt like not alot of thought went into it, it was a crap venue the bar and bar staff were rubbish, the upstairs was like a cheap wedding reception (I alsmost expected to get the obligatory 75 year old dancing with a 5 year old!).

Like the dealer said £15 would get you into a decent nightclub and at least a couple of drinks, I realise it was the first and that theres bound to be teething problems, but come on guys this took the P1$$!!

Like others have said Never Again, my advice is to hire a section in a nightclub or hire the nightclub full stop , £15 x 1000 would get you that!

:P

To be honest I enjoyed the party. I got in to the swing of things at the end and was having fun with my mate. But then again i also agree with everything all u guys r saying! It wasnt how it was advertised at all but i still had fun! maybe if theres one next time the organisers could sort it out better. overall though, the collectormania6 experience has bn fun (and Matt Lewis is so sweet!) :P

well the party was not one of the best but as for all talk about guest at party that's up to them.

I go to meet and have fun with the fans that's what always makes a good party

the bar was small and was quick running out of all beer and all the rest of drinks and it shut at 12 not 12.30 as they said on mic

And the bar downstairs ran out of bottled beer, what a shambles..

Oh yeah one other thing SM next time, I suggest you tell the Weasley Twins from HP that they were at the party to meet fans not try and score with any bit of skirt they run into!

I spoke to a few that told them to P1$$ off

now that is not good! Kids never heard of professionalism I suppose.. Makes for a horrible time for thos people involved.

actually the guests were there to have a good time and relaz, not to meet fans, thats wot collectormania is for, meeting fans, so give em a break, they were only being lads!

they are there to relax and mingle sure, but trying to get off with fans, thats a little too much to stomach.... literally I am sure :P

actually the guests were there to have a good time and relaz, not to meet fans, thats wot collectormania is for, meeting fans, so give em a break, they were only being lads!

they are there to relax and mingle sure, but trying to get off with fans, thats a little too much to stomach.... literally I am sure :P

theyre only human, lots of ppl were trying to get off with lotes of other ppl! just coz theyre on telly or in films doesnt make it any worse!

Soz to hear that. Maybe they just think you are so far out of their league then dont bother. Usually happens to the most attractive of us :P

yeh sum1 did tell me last nite that i was intimidating, which i cudnt belive but there we go

party? what party? what i went to was a dark, dank room, with bad acoustics and a s*** bar. there was no party. common rotation were excellent, i think if it hadnt been for them id have demanded a refund. the dance floor was so small especialy considerign there was meant to be 1000 guests there. the vips didnt mingle really upstairs. ok so harry potter cast did, and fair play to them. i didnt expect the vips to be up there all the time, but at soem stage yes. it was a shambles. i get the fact that it was the first one organised, and of course you expect teething problems but it looked badly organised. when i walked in and handed my ticket across, i wasnt told where to go, so i guessed upstairs. it also wouldnt have killed them to have had a few extra chairs or maybe a couch along the side out of the way and tables. where were tables? forced to walk around with a drink in hand is ridiculous. no ashtrays anywhere forcing smokers to stub out their cigarettes on the floor! some bottle and glass collectors would have been n ice as i found at the end of the night i could walk but hit a glass i oculdnt see!