Definitive answer on seating plan for talks

Arwen

The consensus so far is that the seat number on the ticket is invalid, and will be first come first served.

However I would like to read the definitive statement from SM regarding this. I can foresee a major amount of headaches on this subject unless SM put up some kind of announcement on the website and have obvious posters at the theatre. I don't want to queue if I don't have to, but neither do I want to queue and find out it was a waste of time.

Please can SM clarify once and for all? There are going to be a number of people who don't read the forum and will no doubt expect to have the seat numbers they are allocated... :lol:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put it this way: If my ticket arrives and it's a good seat number, please do allocated seats. If not and my number is s***, don't do allocated seats. :lol: Ha ha, joking, I know that's selfish.

I am a midget though and if I sit far back probably won't be able to see over anyone's head.

Ahhh well.

well i have seats 3 and 4 for the LOTR talk so i guess they are quite good seats........ but i think its better if they are not allocated, so everyone has a fair chance

But everyone probably won't have a fair chance...cos if people get them through the post and think they've got a seat allocated...then they won't queue up early.

Seats are not allocated........... if you want front row seats, get to wherever the talks are early.  Other than that, you sit where you want.

How do you know?

Because I have been talks and know how they work that is how

Yes but this time they are held in a different place with probably more people going.

Seats are not allocated........... if you want front row seats, get to wherever the talks are early.  Other than that, you sit where you want.

How do you know?

Yes but this time they are held in a different place with probably more people going.

It will still work in the same way. They have never allocated seats, so you in other words you will never be allocated front row seats just because you were the first to buy a ticket, if that makes sense.

They have a set number of seats for each talk, say 100 seats, once tickets have been sold for for these 100 seats then no one else can go in. But once you actually get into the talk, you choose yourself where you sit.

Which is why I said if you want to try for front row seats, you should get there really early as front row seats do go quickly.

As i said they do the same for all talks even at LFCC.

I hope this makes sense and gives you an idea on how to plan your day and getting to the talks.

B)

How do you know?

It will still work in the same way. They have never allocated seats, so you in other words you will never be allocated front row seats just because you were the first to buy a ticket, if that makes sense.

They have a set number of seats for each talk, say 100 seats, once tickets have been sold for for these 100 seats then no one else can go in. But once you actually get into the talk, you choose yourself where you sit.

Which is why I said if you want to try for front row seats, you should get there really early as front row seats do go quickly.

I hope this makes sense and gives you an idea on how to plan your day and getting to the talks.

B)

Thanks for your answer, it's just I was wondering why they would print seat numbers if they're not gonna be allocated is all. :unsure:

How do you know?

:P

Thanks for your answer, it's just I was wondering why they would print seat numbers if they're not gonna be allocated is all. :D

It is possible they may have allocated seats, if it turns out that this is the case then I guess you sit where ever your tickets says to sit. Pretty much in the same manner with cinema tickets etc.

But in answer to your original question, if you allocated 4 seats, then I am sure you would have recieved 4 tickets, so I really don't think you have anything to worry about. I am also sure that if tickets did run out then showmasters would have said so. But in all honesty I can't see that happening.

The website does say that its first come first served kinda thing. so if people have missed out, then its kinda tough really.

^Yeah, your answer makes a lot of sense to me. :P Anyway, I have my tickets so I guess I should be thankful for that!! :P

Well if you have your tickets, what on earth are you worrying about, your definately going to the talk, so thats the main thing right!!!!!!!!!! :D

I am sure that once you get to the talk itself, everything will be made more clear.

I'm not entirely sure if you will get an answer from Showmasters themselves...........you might do, but what with there only being four days to finalise everything, I am sure they will all be very busy.

^Yeah, your answer makes a lot of sense to me.  :P Anyway, I have my tickets so I guess I should be thankful for that!! :P

Well if you have your tickets, what on earth are you worrying about, your definately going to the talk, so thats the main thing right!!!!!!!!!! :D

I am sure that once you get to the talk itself, everything will be made more clear.

I'm not entirely sure if you will get an answer from Showmasters themselves...........you might do, but what with there only being four days to finalise everything, I am sure they will all be very busy.

Yep, I guess! I'm gonna stop worrying now!! Just gonna enjoy the talk... B)

^Yeah, your answer makes a lot of sense to me.  :P Anyway, I have my tickets so I guess I should be thankful for that!! :P

Yep, I guess! I'm gonna stop worrying now!! Just gonna enjoy the talk... B)

Cool, which one are you going to????

^Yeah, your answer makes a lot of sense to me.  :D Anyway, I have my tickets so I guess I should be thankful for that!! :lol:

Well if you have your tickets, what on earth are you worrying about, your definately going to the talk, so thats the main thing right!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

:lol:

Yep, I guess! I'm gonna stop worrying now!! Just gonna enjoy the talk... :lol:

Cool, which one are you going to????

Buffy talk.

Put it this way: If my ticket arrives and it's a good seat number, please do allocated seats. If not and my number is s***, don't do allocated seats.  B)  Ha ha, joking, I know that's selfish.

:lol: That's what I was thinking. I just wasn't going to say it :P

He he he. :o

My tickets arrived this morning and I've totally changed my mind. I've been to lots of LOTRs talks before and the tickets have never looked like this. They've certainly never had the row and seat number on them. I don't know if it's just because these tickets are done by the theatre instead of Showmasters, for a change. Or Showmasters have decided to allocated seats for the first time.....but there's going to be a whole lot of confusion.

Jeannette please let us all know what they say when you call them! :)