• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*walks in and looks at the thread*

WILL EVERYONE CHILL OUT

For f**ks sake its ONLY a dresscode!!!

There's no need to shout, and as far as I know, we're pretty chilled thanks.

If we're to chill out, can you please stop putting the thread into lovey dovey mode, save it for genaral chat and start your own thread for it, cos I certainly don't wanna read it!

• Moderators
If we're to chill out, can you please stop putting the thread into lovey dovey mode, save it for genaral chat and start your own thread for it, cos I certainly don't wanna read it!

Sorry for having a friend and being friendly towards them!

*makes a note*

(1) Dress Smart/Casually

(2) Don't act friendly towards friends.

Right, got it! :D

People r turning up in costumes for f*cks sake! I'll just say I'm dressed as some dude off the street! Then I can get away with not wearing dress code stuff ... easy enough.

Cushy here.

First of all; I think going in trainers and your regular t-shirt is kinda taking SM's code rule and throwing it out of the window. I have been to more than one of these types of parties and everyone makes an effort because it is an event that you don't stumble on every day. Although I must say I have never been to one with 1000 people plus guests going.

naurarwen_fangorn - when the board doesn't allow you to voice opinons then I will cease typing; don't mean to sound abrupt, but I don't appreciate being told to shut up.

David, its not the fact that a friend is being friendly it's the fact that s*** ends up in every thread, it gets tiring and clogs up the threads.

It says smart and casual?

To me smart and casual is like jeans Converse trainers and a Tee! If thats not smart and casual then I guess I wont be going. So long its not dirty and u look like a tramp, I dont think they are gunna mind too much! :wub:

Chill, peace out, and listen to the flowers sing :mellow:

Vido if you want to be friendly with me, me and you can find a dark cornor :P

Shushhhh, ya better keep that kinda stuff to MSN ;) but yeah .. u and me, dark corner, anytime :wub:

AGAIN!

General Chat is there for a reason! I'll start a loved up to the eyeballs thread for y'all to smother each other in if you like!!!

Phoenix :mellow:

Hang on a second here, as far as I can see, the only people getting stressed about this thread are the ones saying "chill out"

Secondly, the dress code says Smart Casual - don't take my word for it, look on google for clubs in this country, look at their door policies and go look up what they call smart casual.

Smart Casual is...

Not what you'd wear everyday, making an effort.

Sam, hun, sorry, but this time I have to disagree with you - you might not care less about what people wear, but Showmasters obviously do, otherwise a dress code would not be used.

The simple matter here is that if you're not up for making an effort, the night isn't for you.

Also, concerning the off topic stuff, I'm glad someone else said that, there's a whole board elsewhere around here for general chat, as well as MSN and Yahoo.

David, yes people *are* turning up in costumes, but unless I'm very much mistaken, these costumes will be themed around movies, and I've yet to see someone in Lord of the Rings, Star Wars et al in jeans and a T-Shirt.

This is all going way over the top for a thread that existed in the first place to answer a couple of questions regarding the party, can we all just calm down a little before this thread too gets out of hand?

• Moderators
AGAIN!

General Chat is there for a reason! I'll start a loved up to the eyeballs thread for y'all to smother each other in if you like!!!

Phoenix :mellow:

Sorry, next time I'll make sure I think hard n carefully about what I reply to when someone talks to me, and I will tell them that I am not allowed to reply to them because they have posted in the wrong section.

Everyone does it! :wub: To be honest it's not worth an argument, why the hell are we discussing something that hasn't been made clear to us anyway so in fact none of us know any better than each other . . .

I agree waffle of the kind between two people is best kept for Yahoo and MSN - hey you two! Yeah - P n C....double trouble! Get your butts on Yahoo some time! :wub:

As for the party...hmm...the Dook boys always wore jeans and plain shirts...so maybe jeans would be ok...I sooooooooooooo want a photo with the General Lee...and it just wouldn't be the same in a suit would it? Also, ripping a suit while getting in and out of the windows would be darn expensive!

:mellow: