COREY HAIM & COREY FELDMAN!!!!

Blonde_Kitten

According to Corey F, at the moment the release will just be Region 1, although that should be no problem, as it's possible to modify all DVD players to be multi-region, if yours isn't.

Through friends who work in the CGI movie effects industry here in Cambridge, it turns out he was visiting one of the companies as part of filming, to see how some of the special effects were getting on.

Cheers,

Felice.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Corey F, at the moment the release will just be Region 1, although that should be no problem, as it's possible to modify all DVD players to be multi-region, if yours isn't.

Through friends who work in the CGI movie effects industry here in Cambridge, it turns out he was visiting one of the companies as part of filming, to see how some of the special effects were getting on.

Cheers,

Felice.

unfortunatly my DVD player seems to be the only one that can't be converted :wub: I'll have to get my other half to drag his PS2 down and connect that up :P

nice one! he should bring Corey H with him next time :wub:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/mattdentler/arc...ves/003768.html

I was beside myself with amazement when I picked last week's Entertainment Weekly out of my mail and discovered a Q&A with one of modern cinema's most reclusive superpowers: Corey Haim.

If you've witnessed the spectacular beauty that is Corey Haim's E! True Hollywood Story, or his rare, infamous fan club video (where he spouts such wisdom as "Ready? I was born ready... we all are," and shares that his greatest acting influence is John Ritter (because of Three's Company) then you know what I'm talking about.

Anyhow, with the DVD release of his Corey Haim/Corey Feldman masterpiece known as License to Drive, our fave pop culture weekly mag couldn't resist but have the following chat on the phone from Haim's Toronto home (his mom's house):

In his commentary, director Greg Beeman describes you as at the peak of your power. What was your power?

I'm assuming he means my adlibbing. It's one of my special things that I feel maybe I was just born with. I can turn a "Hey, nice to see you" into "Hey, what's up? What's goin' down, man? Good to see you" and kind of make it more real.

He also refers to you as "one of the best-driving actors I've ever worked with."

I've always had a knack for hitting the mark perfectly. Even when I'm walking or running, I'm very good at not having to look down. And I've done everything, including snowboarding [in 1996's Snowboard Academy]. That was the hardest to hit my mark on.

In your interview, you express some regret over your slack jaw.

I had a bad problem. At the premiere, Cloris Leachman came up to me and said, "You know, that smirk you have is cute, but sometimes it looks a little fake." And I'm like, "Well, hey, that's my smile, you know. Thanks." And she was like, "Well, I would definitely do something about the opening of the mouth. You can practice closing it a little more." That comment really helped me.

Do you still do it?

[Yells] Ma, do I keep my mouth open still? [she answers no.]

When was Corey Haim at his best?

I would say Lucas. I'm not one of these actors who, like, get Method on ya. But for me to turn into a nerd, who is much smarter than he should be and has a different way of looking at life, it was the most Method. That and Silver Bullet, where I'm a paraplegic.

What's the biggest misconception about Coreys Haim and Feldman?

People are actually mistaking me for him. I'm not sayin' I'm any better than him. But I just don't see how it's possible: He's got very dark hair and he's very much an American. I'm blond and very much a Canadian. How can there be a question of who's who? But I'm sure it happens to a lot of people with the same name.

Will the Coreys work together again?

If we do another movie one day, I just hope there won't be any competition, because there will be none coming from me. I love the kid. To this day, if I call him, he'll be like, "Who's this?" And I'll be like, "Haimster." He's like, "What's up?" "What's up, Feldog?" It's all good.

Posted to on May 10, 2005 at 02:52PM

Comments

If you enjoyed that, try this interview he did here (you get to see footage!):

http://www.pulse24.com/Showbiz/Top_Story/2...18-002/page.asp

In fact on local stations (I live in Toronto) he's been on a number of shows milking this dvd release for all it's worth by doing interviews. *sigh*

Another interview..

http://www.westender.com/portals-code/list...id=413088&more=

• 4 weeks later...

I got Lucas on DVD a few weeks ago, when I saw it I couldn't believe it cos I didn't know they was bringing it out on DVD. You people probably already know about this but I haven't shopped for DVDs for awhile, Ive just had a lil spending spree though and thought I'd check out whats out you know.

Check ya later

New goonies product????

>>>

Sequel talk surfaces (of course), as actors recall memories of Astoria

By KATE RAMSAYER

The Daily Astorian

LORI ASSA — The Daily Astorian

Perched on the sill of the window of his character “Mikey's” bedroom, Sean Astin talks and poses for some cameras, including for Andy Petrou, left, and Brent Holland.

As fans of “The Goonies” took pilgrimages this weekend to sites made famous by the movie, a couple of the Goonies themselves came back to Astoria to share some of their memories of filming, as well as thoughts on the possibility of a Goonies sequel.

“I remember distinctly the feeling I had as a 12-year old coming up here, where I was nervous, I was really nervous, because I knew that I was starring in this movie and I had a big responsibility to be good as one of the lead actors,” said Sean Astin, sitting on the porch of the Goonies house Saturday.

He recalled standing on that same porch more than 20 years ago, trying to understand what his character Mikey would be feeling as he faced losing his home.

“I was just feeling that emotion, I remember it like it was five minutes ago,” said Astin, who was back at the Goonies house for the first time since filming. It was also in Astoria, at a celebrity basketball game organized to encourage local kids to say no to drugs, that he began realizing what came with being famous.

“I’m learning, ‘OK, they want my autograph.’ I don’t know why they want my autograph, but it’s starting to crystallize, you know, what this means,” Astin said. “So I learned the lessons of the kind of responsibility that comes along with being a professional actor, being a celebrity.”

He’s gone on to star in movies like “Rudy” and the “Lord of the Rings” films, but Astin said that wherever he goes, people still tell him how much they love “The Goonies.”

“There’s something about people who were between 8 and 18 years old in 1985-1986, where this movie, you can tell when they meet you and they look you in the eye, that they want to feel from you some sort of acknowledgment of the fact that this thing meant so much to them,” he said.

“They want to know that it meant just as much to you. And it does.”

Astin said that the movie is still popular with people of all ages because it’s about kids who are a little bit different – not the most popular, or the best at school, or the wealthiest – who nonetheless have confidence and don’t give up.

“It’s an American story,” Astin said. “If you believe in your family and your friends and you work hard and you’re brave and you try, you can preserve what’s meaningful to you. I can’t say enough about how important that is.

“And treasure, pirate treasure. I mean, who doesn’t love pirate treasure?”

Although “Goonies” director Richard Donner kept the pirate ship under tight wraps in order to capture a genuine surprise reaction when the kids first saw the ship, Astin hinted that the security wasn’t tight enough.

“This is a great acting job, because we weren’t supposed to have seen the pirate ship set,” Astin said while signing a picture of the scene. “So I had to act convinced that it was the first time I had seen it, or somebody was going to get in trouble.”

In the DVD commentary to “The Goonies,” Corey Feldman, who played Mouth, said that he and Astin had snuck onto the set and seen the ship. Astin had left the commentary taping, and couldn’t back the story up. On Saturday he wouldn’t say for sure what happened, either.

LORI ASSA — The Daily Astorian

People line up at the Columbian Theater box office to see The Goonies on the big screen.

“You’re left to infer what you want.”

Astin also told fans the ending to a story he started on the DVD commentary. He had wanted to apologize to Cyndi Lauper, who sang the theme song to the movie, because when the young cast showed up to the set of the music video, they were exhausted from working a long day and couldn’t muster much enthusiasm. Astin said he just wanted to make sure that Lauper knew the kids loved the song.

“We flipped over it, we sang it till our voices were hoarse,” Astin said.

Chunk and the Iron Sheik

Astin’s cast mate Jeff B. Cohen, who played Chunk, had a different memory of the video shoot. As part of the video’s plot, pro wrestlers kidnap the Goonies, and Lauper comes to save them.

“It could happen,” Cohen said.

The Iron Sheik was supposed to tuck Chunk and Data, played by Jonathan Ke Quan, under his arms. But because the wrestler was bare-chested and had greased his upper body, and because Cohen was chubby at the time, he kept popping out of the Iron Sheik’s grasp.

“He actually looked down at me and said, ‘If you do not hold onto me tighter, I will have to squeeze you so tight I will break your ribs,’” Cohen said. “I immediately burst into tears and ran out of the caves. And d*** (Donner) was like, ‘What’s the matter?’ ‘The Iron Sheik is going to break my ribs!’”

Cohen also admitted that he was jealous of the rest of the cast, who seemed to have more adventurous scenes to film.

“The kids would be like running through a cave with rocks trying to crush them, fighting bats, going down a water slide, playing the bone organ, having fun on the pirate ship, swimming,” Cohen said. “And every day I was in the basement with the monster. Every day for like a month, ‘Hey Jeff what are you doing today?’ ‘I’m in the basement with the monster again.’”

Then, towards the end of the shoot, director Donner kept saying that he couldn’t wait to get away from the kids and retreat to his house in Maui, Hawaii, Cohen said. So as a joke, Cohen dressed up like a Hawaiian tourist and asked Donner when they were all going to the island.

Steven Spielberg saw this and took Cohen aside to say he had an idea. “Wouldn’t it be funny if, when d*** got back to his house, all you guys were there?” Cohen remembers Spielberg asking. So Spielberg flew the entire cast to Maui to surprise Donner.

“Basically when d*** Donner got to his house, he was working so hard on this movie, he opens up his door, and what does he see? Me, sitting on his couch with my feet on his table going ‘Hey d***, don’t you have cable in this place?’” Cohen said. “He actually dropped to his knees.”

Goonies 2?

Fans were quick to ask both Cohen and Astin whether a sequel to “The Goonies” would happen.

Cohen said that about a year ago, he talked with Donner, who was excited because he had a story idea for a sequel and writers that he was happy with. Spielberg liked the idea as well. But Warner Brothers, the studio that made the first film, killed the idea, Cohen said.

“In a weird way, I think it’s better there’s no sequel,” he said. “I think it’s kinda cool to let it be.” Still, he said that if it did get made, he’d join in.

He hinted that there might be a new Goonies product that would come out in the next year, but said he couldn’t give any details.

Astin was more optimistic about a sequel’s chances.

“Steven (Spielberg)’s always wanted to do it, and I’d want to do it, and I know everybody else wants to do it, but the devil’s in the details,” he said.

Astin said that he had a story idea for the sequel, and would love to direct if Donner passed on the project.

In the new documentary by Ron Fugelseth and Patrick Radcliff, Donner said that although Warner Brothers was reluctant to make “Goonies 2,” he was in favor of a sequel going forward.

“It’ll happen, if enough of you write in,” he told the fans.

THE GOONIES VACATION MARKS 20 YEARS

Copyright 2005 www.tombraiderchronicles.com

[ June 18th 2005 ]

Steven Spielberg's The Goonies exploded onto theatre screens in 1985 and captured the imagination of cinema goers the globe over. The pic followed the exploits of a group of kids living in Astoria as they fumbled their way through caves, slid into water pools, played the bones on an ancient organ and climbed onto a pirate ship owned by infamous Captain One-Eyed Willy.

To commemorate the 20th anniversary of The Goonies, two fans have journeyed back to Astoria and created a moving picture comparing scenes from Spielberg's classic cult film to present day locations. Patrick Radcliff and Rob Fugeleeth manage to encapsulate the same spirit of adventure which emanated from Josh Brolin (Brandon), Sean Astin (Mikey), Kerri Green (Andy), Martha Plimpton (Steff), Jeff Cohen (Chunk), Jonathan Ke Quan (Data) and Corey Feldman (Mouth) back in 1985.

'The Goonies Vacation' is a worthy piece of film produced by a couple of individuals who, like so many, owe much to a group of kids who - back in the eighties - banded together against adversity in search of adventure and captured the true spirit of unity and innocence.

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines2269.html

• 2 weeks later...

Q and A With Corey Feldman

Saturday, July 02, 2005

By Barbara Hoffmann

•Corey Feldman Subpoenaed in Jacko Case

At 33, Corey Feldman's (search) packed in more living than guys twice his age -- nearly 70 movies, drug abuse, arrest, recovery, sobriety, "Hollywood Squares (search)" and a reality show, "The Surreal Life (search)," on which he wed a co-star (they now have a 10-month-old son, Zen Scott Feldman).

What did we leave out? Oh yes -- charges of parental abuse, a friendship with Michael Jackson (search) ...

But that was then. Feldman -- who looks just slightly older than his "Goonies" self -- is now appearing in "Fatal Attraction: A Greek Tragedy," (search) a trippy off-Broadway riff on the 1987 horror-love story.

No, he's not the bunny: He plays Michael Douglas.

Between rehearsals the other day -- after dispatching his director for cheese blintzes with strawberries -- Feldman filled us in.

Q: You've made a ton of movies. Is there any one you'd call the quintessential Corey Feldman role?

A: I guess there's two. The '80s Corey Feldman role would be "Dream a Little Dream," because that really culminized, for me, the tough, cocky smarta-- character I played in the '80s, coupled with the more mature actor's actor. In that film I played two roles: the young punky kid I was, and then, when Jason Robards took over my body, a more astute gentleman.

I've got a new film, "The Birthday" -- it's playing the festival circuit -- that's the biggest challenge I've ever done. It's set in the '80s, so there's your nod to the quintessential Corey Feldman, OK?

Q: In several films, you've played yourself. Where's the challenge?

A: Getting over that! [Nervous laugh.] You don't want to get stereotyped as a caricature of yourself, so you have to be selective.

Q: So what have you turned down?

A: Tons of stuff. There was a role in a huge film last year where I'm doing a sex scene with someone, and their head gets cut off or something ... I've been offered everything from that to "Cooking with the Coreys" -- me and Corey Haim having a cooking show. Coming back to "The Birthday," the thing that makes it so challenging is the character is a neurotic paranoid with a nervous tic.

Q: His name isn't ... Corey Feldman?

A: No, it's not. [Nervous laugh.] The movie's shot in real time and I'm in every shot. I'm this nervous little dude with a completely different voice, so when you're watching this film, you're not thinking Corey Feldman, which is great, I love that -- not me, my past and my package.

Q: Speaking of baggage: Why did the two Coreys split?

A: He just wouldn't do the dishes [giggle]. There were two breaks, actually. By the end of "Dream a Little Dream," everything was the Coreys, Coreymania. It got to the point where I'd walk down the street and people would be, "Corey Haim! Corey Haines! What's your name?" and he'd get, "Corey Feldman, Feldmeyer?" Basically, people were crossbreeding us into one entity.

Then he had his drug problem, I had mine ... After I got sober, some people came to us about doing three films for National Lampoon; the first was called "The Last Resort." It was awful -- probably the worst movie of my career. Then we did "Busted," where I was the director and he was the actor, and it made it clear we needed to do our own things.

Q: Do you guys still talk?

A: Yeah! I have nothing but love for him. We get offers all the time ... We both want to be successful in our own right before coming together.

Q: So what would you advise child actors?

A: GET OUT NOW! WHILE YOU CAN! [He quiets.] It's like a collision course with hell, being a child star. You put a kid on a pedestal, and suddenly their ego takes over and they don't know what's right or what's wrong. Usually, the parents take advantage of that position, they don't know how to instruct you, like my parents. Which left me at 18 with, "What do I do now?" You've got fans all over the world, so you either stick it out or do something like telemarketing.

Q: You once said you made so many movies to escape your parents.

A: Becoming an actor wasn't a choice -- it was something I was forced into. At 3, you can't make those choices ... I supported my family, and if I got fired or missed an audition, I'd be punished as if I'd messed up in school. I was starved, because they wanted to keep my weight at a certain place; my hair was bleached -- that was my life. I wasn't allowed to play with kids on my block or ride a bike or play ball, in case I got a scratch -- I wasn't even allowed to be bar mitzvahed because I couldn't attend enough lessons.

Q: Any films you wish you never made?

A: You want a list? I got about 10 of them. But when you've done 70 films, if you've got 10 you don't like, you're doing OK. Everyone makes mistakes. Look at Chevy Chase's career!

Q: You've been straight for how long now?

A: Fourteen years. I was a junkie, for lack of a better term. I never used needles, but I was into heroin, cocaine -- those are the things I'll never touch again.

I was desperate. I had so much pain from girls who'd cheat on me and lie to me ... also, I was hanging out with some very seedy people who made me believe they were my friends and they had all the answers. "You don't need a needle -- you can snort it. You can get it downtown." And that was it -- I was off and running.

Q: You spoke out against Michael Jackson. Was that a tough time?

A: It's still tough. Being associated with someone like that is a no-win situation: Either you're defending him or getting harassed for not defending him. We had our friendship, we had our falling out ...

When the new charges came down, I granted one interview -- "[Jackson] never touched me, he never did anything to me." And that's my stance. But as I started seeing the evidence come forward, I said, "OK, there are a couple of parallels -- being shown pictures of naked people" ... As an adult and father, I was able to look back at my relationship and say I should cooperate with the police and be helpful.

Q:What do we need to know most about Corey Feldman?

A:I'm not as cool as you think I think I might be -- and the most important things in my life are God, love and peace. Everything else is b.s. And art's kind of important, too.

Q: Gee! You sound so together.

A:Thank you. It's all an act -- don't believe a word of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...