LOTR the begging starts here!

frosty

I totally understand that C4 was packed with fans and some people were put off by that. But its not just LOTR that pulls in loads of fans, im personally not a star wars fan but i appreciate that it has a huge following and im not asking for there to be no star wars guests.

When going to an event like this, you have to expect a certain amount of long ques and a some what of mosh pit going on.

I think showmasters have really stepped up on the organization for the past coulpe of events they have done, so I think if they do have some big LOTR guests, they will handle it fine.

I personally had a wicked time at C4, it was the best event I have been to.

bring on Elijah and the rest :P

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I totally agree, what is it with ppl not wanting any LotR guests anymore because of C4? There are still loadsa ppl (including myself) who didn't get to meet lij or dom or maybe not any of the lotr guests, plus ppl who go to a CM event for te first time and like to see some LotR.There always have been a lot of guests of other films and you don't hear us LotR fans complain? :lol:

Oh, and *cough* some HP stars would be great too :huh:

Look, its not blind hate of people who like LOTR, but there are reasons.

Firstly, there is loads of bleating about LOTR and HP guests, yet Ive been to other cons and people havent been the least bit interested in these guests, the HP people had no queues at all, and only one or two LOTR people had queues. More people were interested in Star Trek etc.

Secondly, this happened before C5, people kept on and on about a HUGE LOTR guest, then someone started a rumour that there was going to be one, and when the final list was announced, and there was no Viggo etc. loads of people complained, saying things like 'I made travel arangements and now theyre wasted' and loads of threads of complaints, and few if none saying 'Good job SM, a fair range of guests'. This really was not fair at all.

Because there were big names at C4 people have gotten the impression that major hollywood stars do these all the time. Fact is they dont, and if a big name does come it is a major coup. C5 had 7 LOTR guests I think, there were the well known faces at C4, and another 6 or so at LFCC.

You may well get LOTR actors, but dont expect the main cast, it will probably be the minor characters.

As for Star Wars, this is a special event, not the norm, and youll note fans of the original trilogy have been left dissapointed at recent events, as they have had few or no stars to meet.

SM always do a good job, they get a great range of people, some amazing names, and cater for everyone. I just dont think it is fair for them to get the same message every day, we want Viggo, Dom, Elijah, etc etc. They do what they can, and shouldnt have to deal with the complaints at the end of it. You have to understand LOTR is new, these guys still have films to make, commitments and dont always want to do it. Having seen how exhausted Billy Boyd was at LFCC and how he probably would have rather not travelled constantly from LA to sign, I doubt things like that encourage them. SW and ST etc. have been around for a long while, the actors are older and more likely to come out to sign, and have more fans to cater for, who have been doing these things a long while.

I am all for a nice spread of guests, and I am a fan of LOTR too, but just dont bug the poor guys so much.

Oh dear, the annual showdown has started again! *yawns*

People are never gonna agree, so lets just play nicely...yes?

I would love to see LOTR guests...but am also happy at seeing Star Wars, HP, Horror etc etc

I don't really understand why people get so worked up about it all...I don't see people ramming their love of LOTR down people's throats...and if they are, I'm sure people can avoid those particular threads.

So anyway, here's to a good line-up (no matter what film or show they are from) :huh:

I would love to see LOTR guests...but am also happy at seeing Star Wars, HP, Horror etc etc

I don't really understand why people get so worked up about it all...I don't see people ramming their love of LOTR down people's throats...and if they are, I'm sure people can avoid those particular threads.

So anyway, here's to a good line-up (no matter what film or show they are from) :D

yah i know i would love to see some other guests too,Hp for exapmle or Spiderman orso..

they don't have to attack us all the time we're just fans just like the other ppl!

So anyway, here's to a good line-up (no matter what film or show they are from) :D

I'm with you on all of the above!!! :D

I find it confusing that people keep moaning about LOTR fans wanting guests from the films!!!!

Its not like we are asking for all of the guests to be from LOTR, one or two would be great.

As for people arranging travel around the speculation of a lead cast member attending is a little silly.

I always base my attendance on the line up provided by showmasters, if they choose to have a large guest attanding but choose to keep it a secret why is that a prob.

Dont expect this however, cause you could just end up dissapointed.

Star wars and star trek always have a nice selection of guests, C6 is having 30 star wars guests and not one LOTR fan has moaned, each to there own.

I dont see why people are so biased towards LOTR?

These events are for everyone, not just for fans of one specific show or movie.

The variety is always wide so as to please most people.

so why is there such a problem that we would like a few guests from LOTR?

Showmasters will im sure provide a happy medium of guests, as to please everyone :wub:

:wub: HOBBITS RULE

Pleaze Pleaze Pleaze Pleaze I beg you Pleaze

NO MORE LORD OF THE RINGS CAST

I agree. I get bored of seeing Lord of the Rings peeps every show I go to. There are far more diverse and interesting guests that SM could be getting than these peeps again.

What is wrong with the LoTR fans wanting 1 or 2 guests, im not asking 4 major cast because i know i cant afford to see them just yet, but stop yelling at us all for requesting a few. some of us (like me) have never heard of any of the guests so far, i know there is about 11 weeks left till C6 and im hopeing SMs get 1 or 2 LoTR people, even if its sum1 like Craig or Jed again who are not ig guests.

if this made no sense (im in school very tired) basically if you dont like LoTR guests then fine but dont stop us fans from asking 4 some.

What is wrong with the LoTR fans wanting 1 or 2 guests, im not asking 4 major cast because i know i cant afford to see them just yet, but stop yelling at us all for requesting a few. some of us (like me) have never heard of any of the guests so far, i know there is about 11 weeks left till C6 and im hopeing SMs get 1 or 2 LoTR people, even if its sum1 like Craig or Jed again who are not ig guests.

if this made no sense (im in school very tired) basically if you dont like LoTR guests then fine but dont stop us fans from asking 4 some.

Yeah!!!I so agree with you.We are just fans!!!!You don't have to yell at us all the time and attack us!!We love lotr so what?!You can't stop us from loving it!!We are still gonna ask for some!!Would you like it when we would attack you and saying that we don't want anymore guests from the movie(s) you like/love!!!

Whats with the Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo?????????

I realise that LOTR is not everyones cup of tea, but we dont moan that starwars fans are getting 30 guests so why shouldnt we get a few LOTRs guests.

-------------------------------------

Star wars and star trek always have a nice selection of guests, C6 is having 30 star wars guests and not one LOTR fan has moaned, each to there own.

------------------------------------

Not true, not true at all.

'You', individually may not have moaned, but to say 'we' don't is pushing it. When it was announced 30 star wars guests will be attending, the complaints from Lotr peeps was astonishing. "Where's Billy? Where's Andy? Why 30 Star Wars guests?????" In the lead up to nearly every collectormania there has been some kind of verbal sparring between the Star Wars and LotR fan groups. The Matrix people tried to get in on the action but after the shambles of the last two films the leather clad trenchcoaters have silenced a tad.

So please sit back, relax and chill out.

I'm still trying to bend my head round the fact that Emily Booth, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Edgar Wright have never turned up to these things. All work in the land of things cult and fanbased. They're perfect. The Shaun Of The Dead guys are in america this month preparing for a Comic Con. How they manage to get out there and not here confuses me.

Your right, it was a little biased to say LOTR fans have not moaned.

I just feel that everyone has different tastes, and we have no choice but to except that.

Im personally not a fan of star wars but I understand that it has a huge fan base and that showmasters are just providing for that.

But knowing that they are getting 30 guests, it suprises me that they still begrudge us a few LOTR cast/crew.

People will just have to except there are so many big LOTR fans and alot of people from the cast and crew we have yet to meet, so dont blame us for requesting them and getting excited about that prospect.

HOBBITS 4EVER :rolleyes:

Why argue, its a given that there are going to be requests for Swars and LOTR, what wil, be will be!

I think Peter Jackson did the most amazing job with casting. I cant imagine any of the roles being played better.

I thought Elijah and Andy in paticular were so fantastic - Where were there Oscars? thats what id like to know.

Miranda was great as eyown, such spirit.

Karl Urban would be a good guest, David whenham and Bernard Hill as well.

Someone seems happy bout that suggestion he he he!

Bernard would be great.

Lets not forget John Howe and Alan Lee, they would be fantastic.

and ofcourse HOBBITS HOBBITS HOBBITS :wub:

I've met Alan Lee!! *dances*

He lives near me...and my friend did some work with him! ;)

(sorry, just had to brag then!)