Latest Guest Announcment - RUARI MEARS

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

A funny thing happened with Ruari at Bad Wolf.

On the Friday night a number of the crew went to the pub for food. I can only imagine at some point Rauri was invited, but I wasn't aware of this and at that time didn't know what Rauri looked like.

We got to the pub and all sat down, as we did so this guy sat down opposite me. I assumed it was a friend of one of the crew. When Rauri went to order his food, almost everyone on the table turned and asked me, who is this guy? is he a new crew member or something. To which I replied "I thought one of you knew him?". Luckily not long after one of the crew came over from another table and said "Aaaa Rauri glad you found us!". At that point the penny dropped. But for at least 10-15 minutes we thought we gained some random dude on our table.

The thing is, it wouldn't be the first time. We had it happen at an event in Northampton where a group of crew went to go and get food at the local Weatherspoons and when we sat down some random person sat on our table with us. We found out later he was an attendee, but we spent the whole of dinner wondering who this person was :wub:

Edited by Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

Ha ha ha classic! Heaven knows why anyone would want to have dinner with the crew though.

Hey, at the Hub this weekend someone offered me £5 to have breakfast with them :wub:

It was a joke and only because the breakfast with Gareth had gone for so much, and I'd suggested I was going to go next :wub:

Ha ha ha classic! Heaven knows why anyone would want to have dinner with the crew though.

Hey, at the Hub this weekend someone offered me £5 to have breakfast with them :poki:

It was a joke and only because the breakfast with Gareth had gone for so much, and I'd suggested I was going to go next :D

Sounds like a bargain price for breakfast with you after what Gareth's went for. I'm just glad Kai's still went for a decent amount otherwise I would have felt sorry for him if he ever found out the price difference.