our first comic creator is Mike Collins

• Showmasters Admin

Mike Collins is going to be a guest at this years LFCC

he is the first of many comic creators taking part in the event

mike will be taking part artists workshop were budding new artists can show there portfolios and talk to some of the creators and get advice on how to improve there work and style and show there portfolios to

there will also be a creators panel were you can ask anything you want to know about the comic industry and the artists and there work

this year we are also having a big Artist Alley were you can show people your work be it comic art or any artistic work you have that you would like to display or show to the public

more to come on all this and the new comic zone

Mike Collins has been a writer and artist for British and American comic books since 1983. He has worked on many key comic characters, and for most of the major companies. Collins' first comics work was 'Laser Eraser and Pressbutton' for Eclipse Comics between 1983 and 1985. Since 1984, he has done artwork on several titles for the London based Fleetway Publications, as well as IPC and Rebellion. Among his credits are 'Scream', 'Diceman', and artwork for many series published in 2000 AD and the Judge Dredd Megazine, such as 'Future Shocks', 'Slaine' and 'Rogue Trooper'. He has also drawn the 'Judge Dredd' newspaper strip for the Daily Star (1988-91).

Around the same time, Collins also took on a large amount of work for Marvel UK and Panini UK between 1983 and 1993. He did writing and drawing on 'Spider-Man', 'Captain Britain', 'Transformers', 'Dr. Who', 'Zoids', 'Ghostbusters', 'Thundercats' and 'Action Man/Action Force'. From 1985 to 1998, he was also present at Marvel US, with 'Sub-Mariner', 'X-Men', 'Star Trek' and the US line of 'Transformers' comics.

355comicteaser.jpg

_40670592_collinsdraw300245.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

wow I was just about to post in this topic...then noticed I already had!!! ^_^

I have never met a comic artist before and not sure how these things work?

I would most definately be interested in getting like a Thundercats picture/comic signed (though a drawn picture would be cool cause I don't tend to read comics B))

then depending on cost, poss looking at getting some X-Men stuff too, used to love watching the cartoon! :P

surfy sah xx