"No photos" question

24 minutes ago, Mr Brownstone said:

Well - not quite everyone, I don't think.

Saturday I briefly saw her wandering around the comic guests/area, assume she was on a break or something. Seemed lovely and friendly, stopped chatted to a couple of people for a second. One lady asked for a picture and Missi grabbed the camera herself, and aimed it in preparation to take a selfie. Just at that moment a crew member from a little distance away screamed out, 'Missi..no..no...no pictures! she can't take pictures!' and started barreling towards Missi & the attendee at really quite some speed; presumably in a desperate attempt to kill the selfie attempt.  
At that point I kinda lost sight of what happened, I was otherwise occupied and looking elsewhere as I was heading downstairs. I kinda had visions of the crew member crashing headlong into the Guest and the attendee & camera and everyone falling over in a big heap - a bit like Tim Curry & co. in Home Alone 2 chasing Macaulay Culkin through the hotel lobby! :) 

To be fair that was probably for Missi's own security. If people see guests in the wild taking selfies a swarm tend to appear! She was certainly doing selfies at the table if you got an autograph as I got one.

• Like 1

I won't lie, I did take a couple of Pamela from a distance whilst I was in the restaurant eating a sandwich which was directly across from her signing table. I'm not travelling that distance to see a woman I've wanted to meet for over 20 years and not going to do that, but they're just for my own personal memories of the weekend and nothing more.

2 hours ago, SilvaNemesis said:

I won't lie, I did take a couple of Pamela from a distance whilst I was in the restaurant eating a sandwich which was directly across from her signing table. I'm not travelling that distance to see a woman I've wanted to meet for over 20 years and not going to do that, but they're just for my own personal memories of the weekend and nothing more.

Quite right too!

• Like 1

On 30/07/2017 at 9:46 PM, TerraHawk said:

One guest did actually say to someone in front of me it was their contract they were not allowed to do posed photos as they had a paid photo shoot. 

Yes I heard let's say "A guest at a recent SM event" say "I'll probably get into trouble for this" before allowing an autograph queue selfie.

Suggests to me it's initially part of a pre-arranged contractual agreement rather than purely down to how an individual guest on the day may or may not be feeling (though equally if they're not well one day I'd understand the additional request) - yes this may well be because they either have security issues, photo shoots or time constraints to get through as many signings as possible. If they were doing it for everyone more would miss out on a signing opportunity.

Consistency is the key I guess, so long as we're all being given the same opportunity there should be no cause for complaining...

On 31/07/2017 at 11:04 AM, Mr Brownstone said:

Well - not quite everyone, I don't think.

Saturday I briefly saw her wandering around the comic guests/area, assume she was on a break or something. Seemed lovely and friendly, stopped chatted to a couple of people for a second. One lady asked for a picture and Missi grabbed the camera herself, and aimed it in preparation to take a selfie. Just at that moment a crew member from a little distance away screamed out, 'Missi..no..no...no pictures! she can't take pictures!' and started barreling towards Missi & the attendee at really quite some speed; presumably in a desperate attempt to kill the selfie attempt.  
At that point I kinda lost sight of what happened, I was otherwise occupied and looking elsewhere as I was heading downstairs. I kinda had visions of the crew member crashing headlong into the Guest and the attendee & camera and everyone falling over in a big heap - a bit like Tim Curry & co. in Home Alone 2 chasing Macaulay Culkin through the hotel lobby! :) 

Cuts to all of them appearing in the selfie inc crew member saying 

I LOVVVVVE YOU