Gold pass

Just wondering if anyone knows how many gold passes are issued? It just occurred to me that if there’s hundreds of them it won’t necessarily speed anything up?

Am I right in thinking they allow you to go first (after diamond) for autographs and photo shoots, or is it still in batches?

53 minutes ago, goldmister said:

Just wondering if anyone knows how many gold passes are issued? It just occurred to me that if there’s hundreds of them it won’t necessarily speed anything up?

Am I right in thinking they allow you to go first (after diamond) for autographs and photo shoots, or is it still in batches?

They never really confirm numbers so no idea how many they sell.  Gold is complicated now, because they don't effectively work with Diamond guests auto's, you still need a VQ for them if you are going through on a Gold.  The advantage here though is that Gold should get in first so you can get the lowest VQ tickets.  So when they call auto's for DP guests, it'll be DP's in batches, then if they open them to VQ's, it'll be VQ's called in batches.  Gold don't need VQ's for non Diamond guest though, so you would just join the back of the queue.

For photo's, DP's get called first, then Gold All Batches (they may break it down for big guests), then standard shoot tickets.  For non DP guests, Gold are called first, then standards.

9 hours ago, goldmister said:

Even if there are 1000, previous events have had 100,000 attendees over the 3 days.

I'm going for the first time in three years and purchased a gold for the first time too just so I can have the best possible experience back after so many years.

It will speed up many things from years I've been and seen them being used.

As for by how much it depends on what you want to use them on.

Myself is the gold entrance on day 2 and 3 will be faster. Talks everything but diamond guest talks will be a huge benefit.

If you are concerned about any benefits of gold bring a printout of all the gold benefits to show them.

• Like 1

I usually have a Gold pass (not this year), there is usually a dedicated gold entrance, so you can come in/out at leisure without queuing.

I was able to get to the front of standard autograph queues with a gold, which is nice.

Edited by AckAck

12 hours ago, Tigger42 said:

Has anyone else with a Gold Pass been to collect their pass and found that all paid talks are now classified as diamond? This means there are no complimentary seats at any paid talk for gold pass holders.

So not “complimentary” seats?

It says this on the ticket info “Priority seating at all talks. Where the talk is part of a Diamond Pass package you will be located behind the Diamond Pass holders.”

10 minutes ago, goldmister said:

So not “complimentary” seats?

It says this on the ticket info “Priority seating at all talks. Where the talk is part of a Diamond Pass package you will be located behind the Diamond Pass holders.”

A friend with gold got given 2 numbered tickets for talks.