Anybody meet Fred Haise today ?

Bingo Boy

He was quiet most of the day but it’s really hard to judge as everybody was quiet today. It’s the quietest I’ve seen a Friday at DST and I expect Saturday and Sunday to be much busier. He will be easy to get though. He might not even need virtual tickets. His queue was open all day today as were many guests. 

• Thanks 1

Fred Haise was a pleasure to meet this afternoon. He spent some time writing some short words on the photos that I had for him to sign. "My ride to the Moon" on the Saturn 5 floodlit photo is my favourite. He spoke about the First Man movie and showed us photographs of his dogs when the conversation got round to pets.

I would recommend meeting Fred if you get the chance and to go to his talks this weekend. He has a real life story of survival to tell and chances to meet people like Fred don't come very often.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fred Haise was easily one of my fave people at the event. Great talk on Saturday. Getting his autograph on Friday was easiest thankfully, no queue at all. What a fantastic guy, I hope I'm that spirited and tough still when I'm 85. Doubly impressive after all he's been through. My husband nearly passed out in excitement over meeting the guy, haha :D Fred wrote some sweet words of encouragement on the autograph for my husband's physics PhD. He'll be over the moon (heh) about that one for a long time! 

• Like 1