Metal fans......

leatherface

Cannibal Corpse may be contenders. Laughable, puerile and a total comedy act...but heavy indeed!

Cannibal Corpse is probably the heaviest band mentioned so far. Actually they are a damn good death metal band, but you have to be into death metal to appreciate them. However not even the mighty Corpse come close to Mortician. Mortician are in the same vein as Corpse, just about a billion times more insane.

As long as nobody likes Cradle of s***e i dont care.

:D

Soulfly

Metallica (u gotta love em)

Pantera

disturbed

Pantera absolutely own, or at least they did when they existed.

Soulfly - crap-tacular in comparison to Sepultura, what the hell happened to Cavalera to turn him into a christian and start up a s***e band.

Disturbed - erm.....no.

Metallica - Kill 'Em all was ok, but 99% of thier stuff is godawful. I'll also probably get sued by them for typing thier name out.

Cradle of Filth - crappy. I can't stand that black metal vocal style.

Im feeling pretty old now....I always thought Megadeth were pretty heavy.

Then again Ive always been pretty cool with Guns n Roses. They atleast have two incited riots and two fan deaths at a concert under their belt!

Well i must be old too then, cos megadeth are my favourite band. :D

Has Anthrax been mentioned? Love them too.

Stickx

As long as nobody likes Cradle of s***e i dont care.

:unsure:

Soulfly

Metallica (u gotta love em)

Pantera

disturbed

Pantera absolutely own, or at least they did when they existed.

Soulfly - crap-tacular in comparison to Sepultura, what the hell happened to Cavalera to turn him into a christian and start up a s***e band.

Disturbed - erm.....no.

Metallica - Kill 'Em all was ok, but 99% of thier stuff is godawful. I'll also probably get sued by them for typing thier name out.

Cradle of Filth - crappy. I can't stand that black metal vocal style.

dude, you just insulted 2 quality bands. and disturbed.

Metallica - they've done some gay things like the napster bulls***, but then, they've also given us awesome music, and they have been since they started. They still headline and blow other 'big' bands away. and i dont quite understand ur maths mate, one album is ok, but the other 99%????? :unsure:

Soulfly aren't sepultura, but then, i dont think they ever set out to be. They're just pretty different to most bands. i think they're probably an aquired taste.

point taken with disturbed, not the most popular band, but i like em.

maybe we should just agree that cradle are bollox.

sorry man, i have a tendency to go off on one when bands i hate get mentioned.

fair enough Metallica are very popular, i have just never really got into their stuff, i heard that black album and seriously, absolutely hated it. yeah i kno the 99% thing is screwed, i was just trying to emphasise that i dont like them, lol.

and to be fair to soulfly, the earlier stuff was good (i quite liked primitive), but when i heard "3" i just thought "what the f*** is going on?". it was so abysmally bad. some crappy track with r&b type vocals and that stupid minutes silence that gets skipped by default. the old cavalera (pre son dying) would never have bothered with any of that s***.

although lets be fair about this, we all know cavalera's best project was Nailbomb, but why only the 1 studio album?!

but yeah cradle are rubbish. i'm not really a black metal fan atall, although Dimmu Borgir are quite good.

currently listening to: Rammstein : Sehnsucht.

sorry man, i have a tendency to go off on one when bands i hate get mentioned.

fair enough Metallica are very popular, i have just never really got into their stuff, i heard that black album and seriously, absolutely hated it. yeah i kno the 99% thing is screwed, i was just trying to emphasise that i dont like them, lol.

and to be fair to soulfly, the earlier stuff was good (i quite liked primitive), but when i heard "3" i just thought "what the f*** is going on?". it was so abysmally bad. some crappy track with r&b type vocals and that stupid minutes silence that gets skipped by default. the old cavalera (pre son dying) would never have bothered with any of that s***.

although lets be fair about this, we all know cavalera's best project was Nailbomb, but why only the 1 studio album?!

but yeah cradle are rubbish. i'm not really a black metal fan atall, although Dimmu Borgir are quite good.

currently listening to: Rammstein : Sehnsucht.

sorry dude, i get a bit carried away too.

:unsure:

but no more.

I dont think riffs get better than rammstein

Pantera have produced some amazing riffs...Dimebag on the closing part of Domination off Cowboys From Hell is a real pummelling on the ears - especially live...

Metallica's first 3 LPs were awesome, and And Justice For All was mighty too but for s***e production...sounds like a bedroom recording! The "black" album is commercial yes, but has some great moments. Since then I am not so keen - but live they remain true kings of metal.

Soulfly are not a patch on Sepultura.

Another heavy band who I always thought had brilliant moments were Morbid Angel. The title track of Altars of Madness and the whole album of Blessed Are The Sick are eerie and brutal...paticularly the latter...complete with spine-chilling flute...

Morbid Angel were remixed by Laibach for an EP - and Laibach are very funny but produced one truly evil sounding album...more evil than many "death" bands could ever wish...check out "Nova Akropola"...

And yes the Filth are a joke - but "Her Ghost In The Fog" is brilliantly structured and I love it! :angel:

Edited by Hobbit_of_Dorsetshire

....and especially the German version where you can't understand a word they are saying. ..(unless you speak German  :angel: )

I understand German pretty well...and I don't mean this as an insult bearing in mind their history...but let's just say that song has a bullish marching quality...

Did I do a Basil Fawlty there??? Entschuldigung...^_^

Edited by Hobbit_of_Dorsetshire