Photoshoot Ettiquette

Hello!

It's coming up to that time, I'm getting quite excited now.

I have some questions about photoshoots as I have never done them before.

As some of you may know, I'm a very nervous person (bordering on anxiety, actually), and I just found out today that I will be attending alone. I wouldn't miss this event for the world, so I'm still going to go, but I am a bit worried about some things, the photoshoot being one of them.

I only have one photoshoot booked with Charlotte Hope, and I was wondering if anyone who had done them before could give me some basic advice, like how long do you get with the guest? I know it will be short, anyway.

What do you even do when you get in there? I'd really like a photo with my arm around her, is this normal or do you normally not touch the guests? Should I ask first or just do it?

Sorry, these are really awkward questions I know, I'm just a bit anxious about it.

Thanks for any advice and see you all there!

Jakers

Basic advice about photo shoots - they're very similar to autograph queues so you get only a wee while before the next guy for the photo.

When you're next up, treat the guest as you would anybody - say hi!

Don't be afraid to ask if you can have a photo with your arm around them - ask nicely though! Most guests are perfectly happy to do that, in fact I find that's the default stance. I recall the first autograph I had done with Amber Benson, I asked for a photo. She agreed and me, being a shy 18 year old, stood about an arms length away. Right before the camera clicked, she grabbed me and gave me a peck on the cheek. My face was remarkably beetroot in the resulting pic!

Above all, as with autographs, remember that they have travelled a long way and are probably stressed themselves so just be your usual polite self!

Hope that helps,

Alex

• Like 3

Hello!

It's coming up to that time, I'm getting quite excited now.

I have some questions about photoshoots as I have never done them before.

As some of you may know, I'm a very nervous person (bordering on anxiety, actually), and I just found out today that I will be attending alone. I wouldn't miss this event for the world, so I'm still going to go, but I am a bit worried about some things, the photoshoot being one of them.

I only have one photoshoot booked with Charlotte Hope, and I was wondering if anyone who had done them before could give me some basic advice, like how long do you get with the guest? I know it will be short, anyway.

What do you even do when you get in there? I'd really like a photo with my arm around her, is this normal or do you normally not touch the guests? Should I ask first or just do it?

Sorry, these are really awkward questions I know, I'm just a bit anxious about it.

Thanks for any advice and see you all there!

Jakers

The guy above me already answered this as good as anybody could. I had a photoshoot with Robert Picardo and I didn't know how to act and ended up just standing side by side. Then the following year, everybody was putting their arms out etc,. I have seen some that have some fantastic poses with the guests... so this year I might ask (especially some of the ones I really wanted to meet) if it's okay to have a hugging picture. But most of them from my previous experience, have at least been happy with their arm around you and yours around them. I'm getting my photo taken with Charlotte Hope - if it helps, you can always meet up with me, I'll be on a scooter and with a bit of luck be allowed up front, I can explain your nervousness if you like and they might allow you to come in with me and get it done before everybody else. Let me know, I will be dressed up as Princess Leia, and have a Chewbacca bear with me, and on a scooter, and I'm a BIG lady, so you'll hardly miss me! ;)

• Like 2

If you get a chance, get a photo with Nathan Fillion at some point in your life. That man makes everyone feel right at home - only problem is he also makes everyone weak at the knees with his compliments!

Leonard Nimoy was the same - had a photo shoot a few years back and I was "hello Mr Nimoy sir" and he was "hi! How are you! All good?" And the man had a blooming firm grip, too!

• Like 1

If you get a chance, get a photo with Nathan Fillion at some point in your life. That man makes everyone feel right at home - only problem is he also makes everyone weak at the knees with his compliments!

Leonard Nimoy was the same - had a photo shoot a few years back and I was "hello Mr Nimoy sir" and he was "hi! How are you! All good?" And the man had a blooming firm grip, too!

Oh My Gosh - I would die to meet Nathan Fillion - he looks like a right hoot! Yes, I can see me being weak at the knees also --- hell I get weak at the knees just looking at him, in fact, I probably wouldn't get to have my photo with him, I'd have passed out! :dance::angel:

• Like 1

Oh My Gosh - I would die to meet Nathan Fillion - he looks like a right hoot! Yes, I can see me being weak at the knees also --- hell I get weak at the knees just looking at him, in fact, I probably wouldn't get to have my photo with him, I'd have passed out! :dance::angel:

If you've seen him in Castle then you've seen exactly how he is in RL but with a bit more of a twang in his voice.

• Like 1

If you've seen him in Castle then you've seen exactly how he is in RL but with a bit more of a twang in his voice.

I LOVE Castle!!! I knew he was a lot like that character, I could just tell lol

Jakers, here's the photos of Charlotte from Collectormania....

http://showmasters.photoshelter.com/gallery/Charlotte-Hope/G0000Li2_a3RS_Gg/C00007yAffkFRK4Q

Some common advice...

Look the guest in the eye, smile and just a quick 'Hi'. Even the odd complement helps.

Sometimes a guest will offer to shake hands, sometimes not. If you're not first in the queue, sometimes you can see how a guest interacts with other attendees first.

98% of guests are willing to do a pose if you ask, so don't be afraid to. If you browse through that gallery, you'll see me and Charlotte. I simply say something like "Hi Charlotte, can we do a back-to-back pose".

Look into the Lense, SMILE and you'll end up with a memorable photo.

Thank the guest and 30 seconds later you'll have your photo in your hand, a skip in your step and something you can treasure forever.

• Like 2

The one thing I'd add to this is that you get a bit more time to chat in the autographs, so you can always meet them first and let them know your doing a photo-shoot and what pose your thinking off.

It's a long day for a guest so just a gentle reminder once you see them again before the photo is taken.

• Like 3