cosplay why do we love it ( sorry if wrong place )

just curious but why is cosplay so inticing is it just an excuse to wear weird clothes is there more to it than meet the eyes

for me its the transformation to look completely diffrent is an attraction youre chaning youre whole aperance and thats fantastic like a t-shirt and wig can do that is fassinating to think that theres a whole conmmunity where you get praise for looking diffrent wheres you would get strange looks ( i get that a lot and iam not even cosplaying ) form everyone elese

thats what i love aceptence no one cares as long as you are respectfull idealy thats what the world should be like shouldnt it

ps please dont start a debate about that sentence iam trying to be poeitic lol

Cosplay (in my view anyway) is loved by many because of the following reasons

The first one is because your being someone/something different, someone/something that you love, you are being them for a day. You see other people cosplaying as someone else from that show, or even the same character and you get a sudden rush of excitment, you can connect with strangers more because of that shared like. It also helps many feel comfortable in big events like this and they feel less anxious over things

Also another big reason is working on it. You spend a long time getting the right parts for your costume or even making the costume, lots of people enjoy making their own cosplays because it's like a arts and crafts task, people like being creative.

And when they have finished their cosplay and attend the event and then get compliments on their costume or asked if they can take pictures. They get a rush of happiness that other people like there costume and feel happy that all the stress they went through when making it has paid off :)

• Like 1

I like cosplay for a number of reasons:

1. As someone who is quite socially anxious, I find that cosplaying not only calms me down in a sense but it's also a good "icebreaker" in conversations with people.

2. I find it quite an interesting challenge, not only from putting the cosplay together, however I can but also being creative as to how I do it. I also like hearing how I can improve my cosplays and make them more accurate. For example, a few weeks ago at a convention someone pointed out to me where I could get an accurate hatband for a Seventh Doctor Cosplay.

3. I also find it as an opportunity for me to, at a small degree, practise my acting skills. When I cosplay a character, I also try to accurately replicate their mannerisms and how they speak.

• Like 1

I like cosplay for a number of reasons:

1. As someone who is quite socially anxious, I find that cosplaying not only calms me down in a sense but it's also a good "icebreaker" in conversations with people.

2. I find it quite an interesting challenge, not only from putting the cosplay together, however I can but also being creative as to how I do it. I also like hearing how I can improve my cosplays and make them more accurate. For example, a few weeks ago at a convention someone pointed out to me where I could get an accurate hatband for a Seventh Doctor Cosplay.

3. I also find it as an opportunity for me to, at a small degree, practise my acting skills. When I cosplay a character, I also try to accurately replicate their mannerisms and how they speak.

This cosplayer has got it spot on with the reasons!

I suffer the worlds worst stage fright and anxiety even though I used to play in bands and everything but when I dress up as jack the stage fright disappears because folk don't know its me underneath haha Its now got to the stage where I do Jack as a professional lookalike so I would encourage any person to cosplay to look into the lookalike game as it seriously opens up some doors :)

Edited by Captain_Sparrow
  • Like 2