A few questions

Any help with these will be greatly appreciated:

1. Why is the online store for this event not e-ticket like the others?

2. As the online shop closes a couple of weeks before the event is it hard to imagine early bird tickets will sell out online?

3. Will we be notified if tickets are running low so we can book?

4. Is it safe to say this event is normally on par with MK in terms of how busy it is?

1. Because it wasn't moved yet. Should happen for the next one.

2. Currently I don't even think of daring a guess on ticket sales for any show.

3. SM always try to post, but sometimes that happens too fast.

Thanks for the help QS.

as for #2 - last year it was still possible to order tickets directly from the venue's website for a few days after the tickets store closed (up until a few days before the convention if I remember right), not sure what the situation will be this year, and obviously can't speak for the Early Birds being in stock still.

As for #4 - I heard after last year that they hit capacity on the Saturday, and the actual dealer floor certainly felt that way, but on the whole I wouldn't say it felt crowded. It's actually a pretty chilled out experience actually, because you are able to navigate the whole arena without pushing through any crowds because the entire seating area is open to walk through (and sit in - away from people!) - you can get from place to place using the catwalks and staircases, and both the auto tables and photoshoots are far away from the dealer floor crowding. Autos are in the main hallway as you enter the arena, the dealers tables are on the arena floor, and the photoshoots are in a corridor off the arena floor, completely separate (and a welcome relief from the rest of the arena, it's really quiet in there!). The autograph lines calmed down really well after about 2 or 3pm, to the point where the tables were empty and you could just walk straight up, so if you're not fussed about grabbing everyone's autos the second you walk in, you probably won't do much queueing (apart from Robert Eglund). All the guest photoshoots were done in about 10-15 minutes (5 for some), as slotted into the timetables - you'll need to get there in a decent time for the prop photoshoots though, because the lines get very long, that was probably the only proper queueing we ended up doing the whole weekend apart from getting in (which was also really quick and seamless). The only panel I experienced overcrowding in was the Doctor Who ones, which ended up standing room only, but there were still several seats available (even in the row we were in, about 4 rows from the front), and if you got there in a decent time (like at the very end of a previous panel), you were fine. At least last year, you were able to sit in through several panels in a row without leaving, which was nice, but might change this year obviously since last year was the first year.

It's very well laid out and organised in terms of crowd control, I was extremely impressed.
Edited by minthumpugs

That's good to know.

I'm looking at buying tickets and I've seen you can buy from Showmasters and from the motorpoint arena website where the con will be held. Is that correct? Are both supplying tickets?

Edited by NOES86

That's good to know.

I'm looking at buying tickets and I've seen you can buy from Showmasters and from the motorpoint arena website where the con will be held. Is that correct? Are both supplying tickets?

Both were supplying ticket last year. Ours were bought from the arena itself!