SHOWMASTERS PLEASE GIVE US A CLUE

Showmasters, it appeared to me from C3 that John De Lancie gave a commitment to attend C4, yet he is not announced..

I realise you cannot announce guests until firmly contracted, but I am in a quandry......

I have something that I would desparately like John to sign.. He is scheduled at another show at the end of July, a show that would involve a fair bit of travelling for just one autograph.. It would be better for me personally if John was to go to C4..

Here is my dilemma.. Do I miss the July show in the hope of seeing John at C4 and risk losing out completely if John is not scheduled.. or spend loads of unecessary money in July only to discover that I could have saved it by John attending C4..

Showmasters, I am sure you appreciate my position and politely ask if there is ANY WAY that a suitable hint could be given in order to help me make a decision..

Thanks

I e-mailed Showmasters some weeks ago asking exactly the same question. I've not received any reply, so am not best impressed.

I'm considering going to the NEC anyway to see Dirk Benedict and Brian Blessed. Mr De Lancie, (if he shows) will be a huge bonus. If he pulls out, I will not go all the way to Birmingham just for two guests. Anyone who wants to go to the NEC gig, be warned. . .if you've not been before, it's not a cheap day out.

Thanks Admiral.. no, I've not been before but chances to see John are very limited and I have come to realise in this hobby that often you have to take the first opportunity when it arises.

What is most annoying is that unecessary expense (cash that could pobably be spent at C4 .. please note Showmasters) could be avoided..

If you can't announce it officially, then perhaps a personal e-mail???? I promise not to say anything..

What everyone should understand is, collecting autographs is a patient game. You cannot expect to get what you want straight way or even when you are supposed to.

Whether its queueing up at a signing, waiting at a movie premiere or just waiting for Showmasters to announce guests.

Just be patient and wait for them to post news. If they dont post anything then they dont have any news, its that simple

Edited by emotionalvampire

Vampire.. I understand that and am patient, but I believe this is a special case on account of the comments placed on the C3 pages when John cancelled..ie: HE WILL BE AT C4... Yet he is still unannounced..

All I would want to know is if there is a POSSIBILITY of John attending..ie: if they are not even talking to him for the show, then simply let us know.. If negotiations are on-going, fair enough.. But with the other show (and possible cash outlay only 2 weeks away, patience is wearing thin....

None of us have cash to waste and as a loyal member of this forum and CM attendee, I don't think it too much for Showmasters to at least answer this post and hopefully give me sufficient information to make a decision.

As I said, collecting autographs can involve waiting a long time, but no-one knows what is in store for them. Some guests can simply hit the big time and then you will never see them again as they get swept up in their own stardom.. Sadly some guests are not getting any younger (I think you get what I mean here) and some simply rarely attend event, so on occasions, patience is not always the best virtue!!!