Who loves the Rasmus??

PippinsLady

dont know if youve heard...

The Rasmus new album "Hide from the sun" is set for world wide release on September 12. The first single will be available on August 29.

The Rasmus are currently in a recording studio in Stockholm. So far the band have many excellent new tracks ready and they're writing/recording more, treating each track as a potential single.

The album is being produced by the same team that was responsible for "Dead Letters". All songs are written by The Rasmus.

The album "Hide from the sun" is the follow-up to their breakthrough album "Dead letters".

yeah exams are going well thanks, only 3 more to go *huggles* ;)

if i were you, id wait and see HIM later in the year, big festivals are so....impersonal and i would rather see them up close but thats just me :D it would be cheaper to wait and see them at a smaller venue too...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I had heard about the new album. I can't wait to hears some new material off them and looks like we will get it at Himos :vader: I must admit me and my mates had a good giggle when we saw the pic...it doesn't seem like the other day we saw Lauri in Sweden :vader:

You know I think I am going to leave Download, I would be only going for HIM and I know I could see them later in the year. And then maybe Ville will have grown his hair back too hehehehehehe

Im glad your exams are going good, I shall be thinking of you for your last three :spidy:

Edited by KT171

oh hell you have to see these pictures. My crush had faded with Lauri but seeing these pics just made me go :lol: Look at those lovely arms of his!

hs0015oc.jpg

hs0024nq.jpg

and this is by far my favourite......oh pass me the drooling bucket!!!

hs0036lj.jpg

yaaaaaaaaaaay exams are OVER!!!!!!!

and only like 3 weeks til were in Finland :D

hello new personage, yes they do indeed :wub:

Yay for you! Caw, I remember what they were like... You passed! :D Tehe.

Thanks! :D;)

Im so glad your exams are over...now you can relax lol

I can't believe it's only 3 weeks till we go to Finland...I can't tell you how excited I am. And we are there for midsummer too!!!

Do you realise when we are in Finland it's a year since we saw The Rasmus play for the first time :cylon:

And what's even more bizarre I actually see them play on the EXACT day we saw them last year!

What a celebration eh? A year on and I am still seeing them!

welcome Cher2a....it's always nice to know that there are more people out there that like them hehehehehe

Right I'm back :lol:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so soon till we're in Finland I can't wait!!!!!

*faints*

I know, a whole year since we saw them at the Astoria, its mad! :P Where you seeing them then?

Oh and thanks for getting me into The 69 Eyes :D

I know mate....Im getting very excited too! It's like 11 days till I fly!!!! Its just going to be amazing....a night out in Helsinki and then off to see The Rasmus and 69 eyes!!!

Im seeing them play at Himos festival and they actually play on excatly the same date as I saw them for the first time!! I f*cking bizzare is that?!!!! They actaully come on at half past midnight......oh thats gonna be a long day!

And the next night 69 eyes are on at 2:30am <_< Thats gonna kill us.

http://www.himosfestival.com/programm.php

So you like 69 eyes then? they are fantastic live...you should go see them if you get the chance. Jussi is just crazy on the drums and Jyrki is just a really random guy.

my two fav pics....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/Kat.../bazieandme.jpg

me and Bazie

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/Kat...cs/P4168720.jpg

Do you get the feeling me and Jyrki are very very drunk in this pic???

Anyway when do you fly then? and I warn you now look out for the guys from 69 eyes in Helsinki....they have a knack for just appearing from no where when your walking down streets lmao

Edited by KT171

hot news off the press.....

Hi all Rasmus fans from Sweden!

Both good and bad news - unfortunately there won't be any more gigs under the summer than the two Finnish festivals. The band wants to wait until the new album is released so that they can play some new songs too.

But - there will be a tour in October, probably first Finland, then three dates in Sweden, and then also gigs in Norway and Denmark. Dates and places will be announced later on.

The Rasmus are incredibly keen on getting out on the road again and play, after so much time sitting in the studio, day and night for a few months.

The new material sounds amazing!

Fun that you'll meet up in Gothenburg! Say hi to everyone from the band - I send you a new-taken picture as a gift!

Best wishes,

Lasse Tengroth

Someone from Sweden emailed Playgroud and got this back with this gorgeous new piccy.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/red...ik/eddc2a90.jpg

So then 2 out of the 3 things Lauri told us in April have come true.

New album in Sept : check!

Finnish tour in October : Check!

and now for the something special in April........

God I can't wait to see them in two weeks!!!!

and another big news Ive just been given staff bands for Download!!!! Which means if I hurry out of work I can see HIM and hopefully get backstage to meet my Ville!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im in SHOCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah god this is all mad!

Well I hope you got to meet him Katie, you do have the knack :headscratch::P

OOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo new news! Wow I do hope they come back here, I'm really missing them, I wish I could go to Himos but I think that's the one where they have age restrictions and me being only 17 :help: *pfft* I hope you have a great time there though :D I'd love to see The 69 Eyes live, I think they're great! :o Lol, you're gonna be so knackered :P

I fly out on the 24th which is annoying, I wanted to go a day before but hey at least I'm going. Ooo I'll look out for the 69 Eyes guys then, they seem really scary though.... :D

OMG!

Ive had the best two days ever! HIM just rocked out of this world and Ville just looked stunning! Didn't get to meet him but I made it so I was 5 people from the front so I was happy!

They didn't play And loved said no which I was gutted about but the whole set was just brillaint!

We saw Mikko ( Rasmus roadie) from a distance too! Couldn't believe he was over here aswell bless him.

didn't think that could be topped but it so was.....we got to meet Nightwish!!!!

The only problem is I was working till 5pm. I made it last nite to see HIM which bloody rocked but I knew I would miss Nightwish.

But how happy was I when Lynn texted me and said Nightwish was in the signing tent at 7:30!!!!

So I queued for a good hour and half to see Tuomas esp :wub: and was thinking about what I could say to them.

Then Lynn ran off to the loo and came running back with something! It was soooooo funny!

I went in and saw first Jukka who was just lovely! and then the gorgeous Tarja - she is just stunning in the flesh! anyway had a chat with her and told her that we would see her in two weeks at Himos...she seemed pleased about hat bless her.

And then we got to Tuomas and boy did it go crazy then!

Smiling at him I said the following.

"I hear you have a small shortage of paper in Finland?"

"Yeah we do?" he replies with a fuuny smile.

"Seeing as we love you so much and Finland, we have bought you a present!"

and out I pull a toilet roll with Finland rocks written on it. Oh you should of heard the laughter!!! Marco was laughing so much! Tuomas says he will go to toilet now while Marco writes "NO s***" next to Finland rocks!

My mate then tells Marco I don't like blondes ( only cuz she is sooooooo blonde lmao) and he looks to me like why?? I said he was fine cuz he was Finnish and the Finns rock!

Pure madness! but bloody fantastic..here are my pics...

tuomas_katie.jpg

me and MR sexy himself...Tuomas!

marco_katie_donington.jpg

me and Marco

emppu_katie_donington.jpg

me and Emppu

and finally my toilet roll...but look at those clouds behind us!!!

katie_toilet_roll.jpg

Brilliant weekend and two lots of lovely Finns out of it all! Oh and I saw Ozzy shuffle across the stage a little lmao

Ooo I'll look out for the 69 Eyes guys then, they seem really scary though.... :yoda:

Oh there spam cats believe me mate!

Bazie is always...and I mean ALWAYS in Lost and Found getting drunk - we have a picture of him on his back from when he fell over late at night lmao

And Jussi is just quiet and cute....although alittle slow sometimes - but he gets away with it cuz he is so cute!

Jyrki is just SOOOOOOO random - he talks s*** when he's drunk but is so funny to listen to.

and as for the rest of the them...just plain gorgeous believe me. They are all so appraochable so if you see them then you have to go say hello lol

I can't believe it's 9 days till I fly! Im getting well excited now and I really can't wait to hear some new material from TR. And I actually fly on midsummers day which will be fun!

LMAO I bloody KNEW you'd meet someone at Download ;):lol::lol:

OMG I can't believe you met Tarja, :uhoh: she's a sort of idol personage to me :wub: She has the most amazing voice! And Tuomas :wub:-_-

Lol, yeah I'm sure I'll try and approach the 69 Eyes guys IF I see them, I'm not so lucky lol :P

Oh but seriously mate Tuomas is my dream! Ive liked him for ages now but nver ever thought I would meet him. I bloody love them all now. What lovely people they really were!

I just have to meet Ville now! Missed him in Rock City but I will see him at some point! I'm still hoping I will bump into him in Finland later on in the year lol

Are you going to the HIM gig in September? Its there only UK date for this year -_- I'm going for sure...I booked my tickets today.

No unfortunatly - I only just nagaged to get the time off for HIM so I think Nightwish is out of the question lol But Im not too fussed Im seeing them twice in Finland so I will get mt Tuomas fix :P

Not long now...last day at work tomoz and then its just 4 days until I fly! I can't wait although Im alittle scared as Im flying all alone :D

two days left till I fly :P

Ive had texts from my mates who are already there and they are having a great time. App the weather is lovely and they even got sunburnt!!! hard to believe they are still in Finland lmao.

They saw 69 eyes yesterday and Negative and got a laugh from Slipknot :huh:

Just gotta keep pacing the house till Tuesday comes.....then I will be there aswell...god it's taking forever!!!

Katie

xxxxx

oh by the way Bazie from 69 eyes says they are still trying to get a deal over here in the UK....so they should be back soon *yayyyyyy*