Is it worth attending LFCCW?

Must admit, I thought this summer's LFCC was horrendous. Apart from not getting to see Stan Lee, I saw all the guests I wanted to, but it was far from an enjoyable experience. The place was just way too busy. You couldn't even get to most of the stands, let alone get to buy anything and the organisation for the Stan Lee talk was just a joke. I even began to think a brawl was going to start at the front of the queue at one point. It was crazy. We stood in the queue for ages and then the girl letting people in suddenly said that they would be letting people in by ticket number rather then just letting the queue in. I thought there was going to be a riot & thankfully they abandonned this plan after a while. Unless there are some changes, myself and the friends I went with will probably not be coming back to another LFCC event. :0 (

I don't think you can compare what happened in July to the winter one, especially as the winter one is never anywhere near as busy as the summer one.

Granted a lot can happen in the next 6 weeks or so but thus far there's not a huge amount of guests that are drawing me in. At the moment i's just a couple of the wrestling guests that have got my attention. I'll be attending for sure but my guest list is certainly not as big as other events (which is a blessing for my wallet).

I agree that the winter LFCC is not as busy. It is just that the worrying lack of organisation at the summer event bordered on the near-dangerous. For such a huge event as a Stan Lee talk to have two poor girls on the door (one who was very close to tears) who blatantly did not know how to deal with the situation was just negligent. I know most of the guys who man the event are volunteers, but perhaps therein lies the problem. The near-riotat the front of the Stan Lee queue was not good, with one girl at the front screaming hysterically and quite a few scared-looking kids around. Everyone can pretend that this situation was not so bad, but honestly, it really did have the potential to be a serious problem.