Earls Court 1

Before you laugh at someone else's "mistake", you really should make sure you know what you're saying.

The event was NOT held in Earl's Court 1 this year; it was held in Earl's Court 2 and the Brompton Hall. The Brompton Hall sits atop Earl's Court 1 but it is NOT the same thing.

Edited by Stenun
  • Like 1

I wasn't "laughing at somebody elses mistake."

I added the "lol" because just saying "it was in both this year" looked like I was being snippy and nasty.

The event was announced as being in "earls court 1 and 2." So what are people meant to think?

Brompton Hall seemed quite spacious, which was a relief after being in EC2. However of an event on this size, they probably should have used the main EC1 and EC2 halls and spread stuff out a bit more.

Earls Court 1 is downstairs, below the Brompton Hall. It holds 20,000 whereas Earls Court 2 holds 10,000. If you walked from Earls Court station to Earls Court 2, you get the sense of just how big that hall is! On Saturday, my friends took a bit of a break in the lobby of the Brompton Hall - rather than immediately taking the escalator upstairs, we sat in the corridor to the side, which leads into the (locked) Earls Court 1. You can see through the glass doors there's a huge, empty space.

I wonder if the lighting in Earls Court 1 is better?