A little help for a complete newbie please

Hi everyone,

My children (boy age 7 and girl age 11) have just told me about this event and that they would like to go (my children are way cooler than me). However tickets are now only availble on the door.

My questions are:

• If I turn up on Sunday are we certain to get tickets?
  • If we can get tickets, roughly how long will we have to queue to get them?
  • How kid friendly is the event?
  • My children are mainly interested in meeting all the wonderful cosplayers. Do they usually mind having their photo taken with other people?

I think that's all for now. Thank you in advance for your replies.

Cheers,

Matt.

Hi everyone,

My children (boy age 7 and girl age 11) have just told me about this event and that they would like to go (my children are way cooler than me). However tickets are now only availble on the door.

My questions are:

• My children are mainly interested in meeting all the wonderful cosplayers. Do they usually mind having their photo taken with other people?

Cheers,

Matt.

* Yep.

* Someone else could give you a better answer.

* I don't have kids so can't answer this one either.

* Cosplayers are really cool about having photos taken with them, as long as you ask politely and they aren't busy :)

I hope you all enjoy it :)

Hi there, Matt!

If you turn up on Sunday, you are certain to get entry tickets. How long you wait depends on when you turn up on the day, but I'd say you wouldn't have to wait all too long if you show up at 12 PM.

The event is rather kid friendly. As long as your children doesn't have anything against crowds then I'd say it's pretty straight forward. Children are a common sight and they always seem to love the cosplayers!

As long as you ask them, they should not have a problem.

Hi everyone,

My questions are:

Cheers,

Matt.

Hi Matt

As someone who has :

a/ Been going to these events since the first one and

b/ Will have two kids with me

I think I can give you some decent answers to your questions.

- Sunday tends to be a quieter day than Saturday, but by quiet I just mean there won't be quite so many 1000s there. If you have no particular interest in getting autos or photo ops with the stars and are rather just looking to enjoy the atmosphere you don't need to arrive at silly o'clock in the morning. However, I would still advise on arriving well before the 11.00 a.m. standard entry time, how long is always difficult to say but at least one hour would be a good suggestion. Do expect to see a big queue though when you arrive, there will be one queue for pre-paid tickets and one for pay on the day, make sure you get in the right one !

- You see loads of kids at the event, mine have been coming since they were 4 and love it, they were a little scared initially of some of the Cosplayer outfits, sometimes they are so good they can be a little scary for kids but I would think a 7 and 11 year old would be fine. The Cosplayers are excellent , we just ask them politely if they would mind having a photo with the kids and I've never known one to say no, so just ask politely and I am sure you will be fine. I think my older one thought he had met the real Spiderman at the every first event he went to !

- There will be some free talks going on throughout the day, and can always be good to get a seat as well for you and the kids, so as I also have a 7 year old boy you might want to pick up some free talk tickets from the main desk for something like the Power Rangers talk which is on the Sunday. I know my 7 year old boy is looking forward to this.

- There are also loads of merchandise stalls, so the challenge with these is not spending too much !

- There also tends to be other stalls like American Candy ones as well, which the kids like.

- We tend to take some food with us, mainly because it tends to be expensive in the venue and it's one other queue we don't have to join.

- There are plenty of toilets around as well.

So as long as your kids are o.k. with crowds I would think you would have a great day, we certainly keep going back !

Thank you KingRichard76, Railok and GoldenGreen for the information. Knowing that we will definately get in has made my mind up to come. I'm getting very excited now I can't wait to experience this event.

Matt,

My son is now 8 and loves going to these events. He loves getting a photo with the Cosplayers and I reckon we must take about 30 pictures of him by the end of each event. In all the years we have gone I haven't had a single Cosplayer say no to a photo. Without exception they have all been good sports.

On top of that don't miss out on the photo opportunities yourself! There are a lot of attractive women in costumes there and my wife is happy to have her photo taken with the men! Enjoy it :-)