A bit of random advice

• Moderators

Hi all

So ideally wanted to catch a train from Oxenholme (Lake District) to MK Thursday and stay overnight so I can get a couple of photos on Friday and be back for work 9pm Friday night unfortunatley I've had my day off cancelled on Thursday I don't finish until 2200 so staying is not an option. Wanting to get photos with Robert B, Garret W and Billy B from 12-1230, so looking at driving am I able to get from the lakes to MK and back in a day anyone travel from up north???

In the past I've done a flying visit from Merseyside to MK & back in a day, managing to get home by 13:00. So yes it can be done but it's an early start, a long day & a whole load of petrol.

The first milton keynes event I went to we met at Manchester Piccadilly at 6am and were at the football ground by 10am (We had two stops on the way as well) so it is definitely doable. I've done quite a few day trips (granted on the train) to go to cons in London from Preston getting the 5am ish train. Just make sure you plan not to do anything the next day