BBC The Musketeers

apjones1987

Anybody else loving this programme as much as me?? I'd LOVE for the cast of this show to attend a future event. Keeping everything crossed for a possible future announcement one day.....*cough* Tom Burke *cough*

As I'm a historical costume nerd and a fan of the books. I'm sure if I didn't have that knowladge all the niggly things wrong wouldn't drive me so crazy and then I could enjoy it...but as it is my brain can't help but focus on the innacuracies. ;) Spend a lot of the episode wondering why all the girls are permenantly in thier undergarments. And wishing they would put more layers on. lol!

Edited by LadyDeTemps

Oh I'm totally not concentrating on what the women are wearing ;)

I always go into these sorts of programmes knowing that nothing is going to be historically accurate, that way it's highly enjoyable and perfect Sunday night tv! :D

Love love love

• Like 1

Oh I'm totally not concentrating on what the women are wearing ;)

I always go into these sorts of programmes knowing that nothing is going to be historically accurate, that way it's highly enjoyable and perfect Sunday night tv! :D

Love love love

I was hoping that if they completely ignored the book's plots there would be some pretty frocks I could make but unfortunately it wasn't the case. :(

I prefer chaps with brain over brawn...so I soon got over the eyecandy. ;)

Take more than a big sword to impress me.

Edited by LadyDeTemps

Hoping that with a 2nd series (and perhaps more funding) they will

a) draw more from the books and make the characters more sympathetic to the audience B) work on the costumes a bit more. (the painting from the era have such vibrant colours silks and lace...its seems a shame to just use drab colours and leather all the time.

I must confess, I too did a lot of eye rolling towards early episodes, it has definitely got stronger though. I found I enjoy it more now that they're not constantly rescuing each other every week! :P

For me it has swords, beautiful horses (kinda my day job) & stunning locations, it's easy viewing, yup! meeting this cast would be cool! :)

Edited by AnimalMad_Eng
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping that with a 2nd series (and perhaps more funding) they will

a) draw more from the books and make the characters more sympathetic to the audience B) work on the costumes a bit more. (the painting from the era have such vibrant colours silks and lace...its seems a shame to just use drab colours and leather all the time.

i like the look but i wish the musketeers would wear the blue shoulder musketeer cape thing more

• Like 1