travel advice

Im coming to LFCC both Sat and Sun, just wondered cos ive never been to london before, and im going both days alone, so im a little nervous, are the tubes hard to figure out? cos it seems a little bit confusing. I know that i have to get the picadily line to Earls court,

Just wondering if anyone can give me a little advice, things to bare in mind etc.

how far away from the earls court tube station is the venue?

thanks

The best station to get off at is West Brompton on the District Line get on Trains for Wimbledon as The entrance is opposite.If you get off at Earls Court you have a 5 to 10 min walk as the entrance is the other side of the building

I find the tube easy to use. I have never lived in London but I found it easy to pick up.

Where will you be staying will you be using the tub each day to get to and from LFCC?

Where about will you be arriving in London?

A pic of the distance between the tube station and Earls court.

http://prntscr.com/19eq6d

As you can see from this screen grab the tube station and Earls court are very close. Only a 5 min walk.

The Tube is really, really easy. I would recommend getting an Oyster card as it will be slightly cheaper than two day travelcards (I think there's an initial deposit to pay but if you plan on visiting London in the future it will save you money in the long run). To get to Earls Court Two (where LFCC will be), according to the travel section of both the LFCC and Earls Court sites:

West Brompton (District line)

From West Brompton station, the venue is directly opposite the station exit. Walk to the left-hand side.

Earl's Court (District and Piccadilly lines)

From Earl's Court station, exit through the Warwick Road exit and walk down the left-hand side of the Earls Court building.

As you said you can get the Picadilly line to Earls Court, and if you don't want to change lines for an extra stop then it's a few mins from Earls Court Tube Station. The exit you need is clearly signposted within the station, if I remember correctly.

I will be getting the tube from Kings Cross St Pancres to Earls court as this means I dont have to change, because knowing me i will get lost and will end up confusing myself, So i dont mind walking an extra 5 mins once i get off at earls court to walk to the entrance of the building, i think it would be easier for me this way.

and im not staying, im getting the train down both days,

Thanks for all your help guys!

Edited by Vermillion1000
  • Like 1

Nice and easy just have to find the right platform (heading towards Heathrow) on the piccadilly line. Just sit there (if you can find a spot) and wait for the Earls court stop. Easy!

As for tickets you could get an Oyster card but it will cost you a little extra for a deposit for a card. I think its £5. Or you could just get an off peak travel card £7.30 which will get you to and from the train station but also allow you to travel anywhere in zone one if you want to go somewhere else before heading home.

If you got an Oyster card it would cost you £4.20 a day.

Nice and easy just have to find the right platform (heading towards Heathrow) on the piccadilly line. Just sit there (if you can find a spot) and wait for the Earls court stop. Easy!

As for tickets you could get an Oyster card but it will cost you a little extra for a deposit for a card. I think its £5. Or you could just get an off peak travel card £7.30 which will get you to and from the train station but also allow you to travel anywhere in zone one if you want to go somewhere else before heading home.

If you got an Oyster card it would cost you £4.20 a day.

Thanks alot mate! you've been a big help!

• Like 1

I find the tube easy to use. I have never lived in London but I found it easy to pick up.

Where will you be staying will you be using the tub each day to get to and from LFCC?

Where about will you be arriving in London?

A pic of the distance between the tube station and Earls court.

http://prntscr.com/19eq6d

As you can see from this screen grab the tube station and Earls court are very close. Only a 5 min walk.

This screen grab shows the walk from the Earl's Court Road exit of the station, but as mentioned elsewhere, if you use the Warwick Road exit it brings you out where the red B that is partly hidden on the grab is and that is directly opposite Earl's Court 1, go into the Earl's Court complex and follow the left hand side of Earl's Court 1 and you will get to Earl's Court 2 (just follow all the people dressed in cosplay and geek-chic!)

• Like 1