the countdown of all countdowns - surprise Q inside

twinzz

but not really because there's already plenty of those :D

If you could give the organizers one word of advice on what to do different or what not to change (not included would be "don't change it into a non-whedon only event because we think most might feel this way)

what would that tip be?

this is something we'll think on for a while

until we meet again, fellow conners

Heh to the title. :P

On the whole, I'd say no changes are necessary to the con structure as it already runs very well, IMHO. The only major difference this time will be the location; I've only been to one ME con at the Birmingham Hilton Metropole, and I remember the Gold Pass reception was held in a reasonable-sized room, but the attendance was much lower, so presume there'll be a more spacious room allocated to this one, assuming the attendance numbers stay the same as before or are higher. (I'm sure ME's done enough cons at that hotel now to know what's available).

One thing I didn't like about the Metropole when I went (for Roadhouse) was the lack of chill-out bar outside the dance area. (Both the Park Inn Northampton and the Radisson Edwardian Heathrow have great chill-out areas nearby, but I didn't see one at the Metropole.) There was either a bar inside the dance-hall itself, or the main bar in the lounge, if memory serves. That said, it's possible we got the area we did because it was a small con. So that would be my request - a decent chill-out area near the dance-hall so people can chat, but be ready to leeeeap back in if something good comes on. ;)