Autograph times / queues ?

boxingmad

Hi, as an EMS first timer I was just wondering how the autograph sessions work ? Do they run a long side the photoshoots ?

Are the celebrities pretty much there all day signing or are there specific times ? I'm hoping to get a lot in on the day and want to make sure I don't miss anything, particularly the boxers, Tyson, etc.

I notice that the timetable for the shoots but just concerned that if I spend on autographs tickets I might not get them done.

Also this is a family visit for us, my wife and 2 children are coming too, my two children (9&11) are down for the photoshoot with Matt Smith, as I'm hoping to get a good spot in the Tyson/Bruno shoot queue, will my wife be able to queue with them for there shoot (don't really want to leave them on there own).

Many thanks. :smile:

Yes, the autograph signings are running all day. If for example Matt Smith is doing his photoshoot Jonathan Frakes (for example) would still be signing. The guests are signing all day unless they are doing photos or are on a break.

If there's nobody in line for a while they may leave a little early, so I recommend not to wait until the very last minute.

You pay for the autographs only when you are in the actual line. The virtual queue tickets you pick up are free. So even if you change your mind you are not losing money.

Talk to crew at the photoshoot area about your wife joining your kids. I can't see it being a problem.

Generally if required the guests will sign til closing or at least 5pm. Many guests are there and signing from 9am others, like the boxers, are due later in the day and some are well very tardy like Mickie James was at LFCC but that is often beyond anyones control but the guest themselves.

Of course the guests take breaks from signing to do the photo shoots, have lunch, fag breaks if neccessary and of course calls of nature so theyre not there non stop from 9-6 but for 90% of the time.

As for the queueing for the photoshoot Im not entirely sure. If your children have tickets but your wife doesnt she may be allowed to accompany them in the queue as theyre young but she wouldnt be allowed into the photo shoot as she doesnt have a paying ticket but I could be wrong.

If youre planning on doing a lot then get theyre as early as you can and get your VTs for your signings and you should be fine. It can be a hard and busy day but try to take it all in your stride and enjoy

Many thanks guys, I really appreciate your help and advice. I don't think my wife is expecting to get in the photoshoot, she hates her photo being taken anyway lol ! She would only be there to help the kids.

I must say the support from you guys on this forum has been excellent, it's really helped me understand how this thing works. Really looking forward to it and I hope all of you have a great day too ! :dance::smile::clap::smile::dance:

Edited by boxingmad

At the Gillian Anderson photoshoot at lfcc my 7 year old waited with me in the queue and then waited with the lady at the 'door' - the entrance to the photo area - as he wasn't allowed in, and I grabbed him back again once I was done, so I expect as long as she's not in the way of the others in the queue she could wait by the entrance once they go in. It is a bit nerve wracking with kids, especially with the crowds!

At the Gillian Anderson photoshoot at lfcc my 7 year old waited with me in the queue and then waited with the lady at the 'door' - the entrance to the photo area - as he wasn't allowed in, and I grabbed him back again once I was done, so I expect as long as she's not in the way of the others in the queue she could wait by the entrance once they go in. It is a bit nerve wracking with kids, especially with the crowds!

I'm really sorry, I'm honestly not sure what the reason for that was. Normally your kids can go with you - I mean least thing anyone wants is a kid potentially going missing.