In need of some advice...

Hi, I'm from Scotland and planned on coming to this event...I thought SM events are usually good so I'll attend and hope a lot of people I like get announced..so finally, last month Natasha Henstridge was announced(not a huge fan, but love the Species films)so I booked my hotel last month.

Obviously since then, Natasha's cancelled, so I hoped and hoped for another guest I liked from a cult show like Buffy, or Charmed was announced..no such luck...

...Now I'm at the point where I haven't booked travel as I was holding off waiting for a guest announcement, I was planning on buying my return train ticket tomorrow, that gets me down for just before lunch time tomorrow...it's £104 return..If I don't go I save that, but also I've wasted £100 on a hotel/weekend entry.

Any general advice? Proper stuck on what to do.

Do you guys reckon a last minute announcement would happen tonight/tomorrow? I.e. like Melissa George's hunted panel was at LFCC..?!

I would say from my experience late announcements like that are the exception rather than the norm. I guess you would also say big late announcements have tended to take place more at the larger events like LFACC. Not for me to tell you what to do of course, especially considering the sums of money involved but if I was in that situation I'd save my money for an another event.

Hi Michael.

I must admit, I wouldn't advise coming all that way hoping for a last minute guest announcement if you haven't got other guests you want to see

Showmasters are already at the venue setting up the event, so I would treat the current line up as the final one. last minute announcements or surprises cannot be guaranteed

I am afraid only you can make the decision if this particular show is one you wish to travel to, sorry

can't cancel its non refundable...thanks guys, appreciate the advice..the more I think about it i'm thinking to myself that it's not worth it...I know a lot of people are excited about particular guests at EMS, because some people might think some are big whilst others don't..but honestly there's nobody in that line up that wow's me.

Cheers again :) think i'll buy a ticket for the person only, for the next one lol..till it's final.