Guest rescheduled - Joss Ackland

showmasters

Wouldn't have thought so, looking at that events guest list it looks pretty solid already, not sure one guest either way would do that much padding out. I was looking at his wikipedia page earlier, apparently he has 32 grandchildren I could see that meaning he could have a pretty hectic life!

• Showmasters Admin

Hi There

Obviously you don't me or you would not think that were true.

Guests cancel or have work commitements close to our event.

It is absolutely unavoidable and is not something we make up or transfer to another event.

If we say the guest cannot make the event they cannot make the event.

I hope that is clear enough.

Dave Phillips

Out of interest Dave, how were the guests this year selected?. It seems for a yearly event they are fairly narrow in their appeal. If you’re not interested in any of the three camps: Space / 1999 / Bond, then the likely hood is that you’ll pass on this event.

Previous shows seemed to be very much more diverse, it seems all eggs in three baskets!. I can’t help think that if Buzz had cancelled in the same way as he did last year, this could be a pretty low turnout?.

• Showmasters Admin

Well i think you are looking at a different website.

You have a huge diversity in the line up not just Bond and space 1999.

but everyone is entitled to their opinion. Luckily your black outlook on the show guests has not rubbed off on all the people who have booked this year.

I don't remember concorde pilots in Bond movies, Or Robert Powell flying in a spaceship. Come to think of it i personally think we have one of the best line ups ever at this show.

Dave Phillips