XFiles Auction

I was looking forward to seeing the X-Files auction, but after Gillian's talk, I was told that it had been moved to earlier in the day. There had been no announcement for this, so I missed it. Quite peeved. But for those who did go, how was it? Tell me what goodies I missed.

I was looking forward to seeing the X-Files auction, but after Gillian's talk, I was told that it had been moved to earlier in the day. There had been no announcement for this, so I missed it. Quite peeved. But for those who did go, how was it? Tell me what goodies I missed.

I did wonder about this as nothing was said at the talk. Didn't know, not that I'd have been able to afford anything. Thought the prop display was incredibly poor too unless I missed something.

The X-Files Auction was part of the General Auction they had, at one point I wasn't going to go to the Auction until my Friend who'd been studying the programme or something said that there was X-Files stuff and I thought "Wow. This was supposed to be after the Gillian Anderson talk, so I went along purely for X-Files."

If I hadn't of been on such a tight budget I would have bidded more for the X-Files pieces:

David Duchovny suit.

I Want To Believe Poster.

Film Cells.

The other X-Files pieces were:

Robert Patrick Autograph.

William B Davis Autograph.

There were general items like cast shots of other shows, etc etc.but it was only X-Files items that literally had me on the edge of my seat.

Afterwards I did approach Jason about why it was moved and he told me it was to do with how different Guests had been moved around or something.

i got the film cells. They all had price tags on them, added up to less than i paid lol. The auction was utter pants frankly, total utter pants. Except for the suit, everything was on sale in the stores, and almost certainly for cheaper. I was very much expecting some more unique items that they would have been able to procure due to organising this event.

I did wonder about this as nothing was said at the talk. Didn't know, not that I'd have been able to afford anything. Thought the prop display was incredibly poor too unless I missed something.

I didn't even find the prop display.

The X-Files Auction was part of the General Auction they had, at one point I wasn't going to go to the Auction until my Friend who'd been studying the programme or something said that there was X-Files stuff and I thought "Wow. This was supposed to be after the Gillian Anderson talk, so I went along purely for X-Files."

If I hadn't of been on such a tight budget I would have bidded more for the X-Files pieces:

David Duchovny suit.

Film Cells.

There were general items like cast shots of other shows, etc etc.but it was only X-Files items that literally had me on the edge of my seat.

Afterwards I did approach Jason about why it was moved and he told me it was to do with how different Guests had been moved around or something.

Is that the only X-Files stuff they had? Do you know if the poster was the original prop or just a replica?

I was told the time was changed to give Gillian more talk time, which is ludicrous seeing as it started ten minutes late and finished five minutes early.

i got the film cells. They all had price tags on them, added up to less than i paid lol. The auction was utter pants frankly, total utter pants. Except for the suit, everything was on sale in the stores, and almost certainly for cheaper. I was very much expecting some more unique items that they would have been able to procure due to organising this event.

The first auction I went to had a lot of good stuff, but ever since then, they have been pretty rubbish, just selling t-shirts, mugs, and a few autographs you can get at the dealers' stalls.

Ok I don't feel so peed off now about missing the X-Files Auction anymore as by the sounds of it i already have most the stuff that was on offer!

I also feel better. I would have liked to have seen David's suit, but I never would be able to bid on something like that.

I didn't even find the prop display.

David Duchovny suit.

Film Cells.

Is that the only X-Files stuff they had? Do you know if the poster was the original prop or just a replica?

I was told the time was changed to give Gillian more talk time, which is ludicrous seeing as it started ten minutes late and finished five minutes early.

The first auction I went to had a lot of good stuff, but ever since then, they have been pretty rubbish, just selling t-shirts, mugs, and a few autographs you can get at the dealers' stalls.

Ok I don't feel so peed off now about missing the X-Files Auction anymore as by the sounds of it i already have most the stuff that was on offer!

I also feel better. I would have liked to have seen David's suit, but I never would be able to bid on something like that.

If it was the original prop I would have upped the bidding on it. Was just a replica.