I have questions!

More really for confirmation......

1. VT tickets is one per person, so does that mean all three of my boys (one of whom will be in a buggy) will need tickets too as we plan to go up together for autographs even though we are only getting one between us?

2.Even though at the moment I am going in on a standard ticket (this depends now on scheduling), will I be able to get VT tickets for all the guests I want to meet, despite the time I arrive? And should I presume tickets for free talks will be gone by that time? I do plan go the tickets the moment I arrive.

3. What happens if one of my photoshoots is during the talk I have a ticket for?

4. My 6yr old son is autistic, so queuing is a big issue. The FAQ's have confused me on the issue, what can I do to make his day easier? I have an I Count Card or would you prefer his medical notes?

I think that it is it for the moment but will post if I have more.

Edited by MrsEllacott

I will answer from my own experience, others will surely follow :)

1. Yes for at least the two not in the buggy. I would assume the youngest one doesn't need one.

2. That kind of depends on who you are seeing and how long you're staying. With higher number tickets it will take longer for it to be your turn, but if you arrive fairly early you shouldn't have too many problems. here is always a huge queue for entry, with or without pre-ordered/early bird tickets, so the later you're there the longer it'll be till you get in. In my experience most of the talk go fairly quickly, but again, it depends who you want to see.

3. You'll have to leave the talk or come in later. I have had this and it cannot be avoided really. Just be sure you tell one of the crew, they will try to sort it out if possible, but in some cases, a clash is a clash.

More really for confirmation......

1. VT tickets is one per person, so does that mean all three of my boys (one of whom will be in a buggy) will need tickets too as we plan to go up together for autographs even though we are only getting one between us?

2.Even though at the moment I am going in on a standard ticket (this depends now on scheduling), will I be able to get VT tickets for all the guests I want to meet, despite the time I arrive? And should I presume tickets for free talks will be gone by that time? I do plan go the tickets the moment I arrive.

3. What happens if one of my photoshoots is during the talk I have a ticket for?

I think that it is it for the moment but will post if I have more.

1. I think only the kids who are walking will need tickets to be in the queue

3. If a photoshoot falls in the middle of a talk, you should be able to go out and come back if the talk hasn't finished. The crew will probably ask you to sit at the back, though, to minimise disruption. If the talk and the photoshoot clash, the crew will get you through the photoshoot asap, so you can go on to the talk.

Edited by laurab1

4. My 6yr old son is autistic, so queuing is a big issue. The FAQ's have confused me on the issue, what can I do to make his day easier? I have an I Count Card or would you prefer his medical notes?

Your best option is to send an email to info@showmastersonline.com and mark it FAO Too Tall. He's the best one to advise you on that particular issue.

Your best option is to send an email to info@showmastersonline.com and mark it FAO Too Tall. He's the best one to advise you on that particular issue.

Ok thank you!

No no I think these questions should be answered in here. These are questions that will help others in a similar situation and future visiters of Showmasters events. Will someone be able to look after your autistic child while you enter a photoshoot, will there be facilities on the day to help aid you in the ways you need? I am pretty sure you will all need Virtual Tickets to meet any guest you want but that doesn't mean you all need to buy autographs. And with regards to your son standing while queing,everyone will be queing, there isn't really any way around that. If it was me, I would obviously allow you to skip ahead of everyone else but if you arrived really early and knew exactly who you were going for then you should be able to get the VTs pretty quick and try and cut down on the waiting time or even if you can get someone along with you even just to watch the kid while you rush around and grab all the VTs you need.

• Like 1

well. for info with your son i can tell you my personal experience.

i have a disability myself, but its not very obvious. i have spinabifida and walk with a limp and when i got to each photo shoot area or a really long VQ line when my number was called up i discreetly called aside a crew member and explained that i could not stand for very long due to problems with my back and hips. they were extremely helpful and i even remember at one point someone got snappy about me getting sent up front and the crew member said "please don't, she can't stand very long, its not her fault" i was really touched by this.

so if you do this i am sure they will give you the same wonderful care they gave me, these guys are honestly so caring and good to people who genuinely need their help.

No no I think these questions should be answered in here. These are questions that will help others in a similar situation and future visiters of Showmasters events. Will someone be able to look after your autistic child while you enter a photoshoot, will there be facilities on the day to help aid you in the ways you need? I am pretty sure you will all need Virtual Tickets to meet any guest you want but that doesn't mean you all need to buy autographs. And with regards to your son standing while queing,everyone will be queing, there isn't really any way around that. If it was me, I would obviously allow you to skip ahead of everyone else but if you arrived really early and knew exactly who you were going for then you should be able to get the VTs pretty quick and try and cut down on the waiting time or even if you can get someone along with you even just to watch the kid while you rush around and grab all the VTs you need.

It is only queuing for the autographs that is the issue for us. Everything is fine. My husband and I will take it turn for photoshoots and talks. We are still to decide whom we are getting autographs for but we are going set a list before we come. But we are on a standard entry, though I think we may consider turning up for early entry as a precaution.

i have a disability myself, but its not very obvious. i have spinabifida and walk with a limp and when i got to each photo shoot area or a really long VQ line when my number was called up i discreetly called aside a crew member and explained that i could not stand for very long due to problems with my back and hips. they were extremely helpful and i even remember at one point someone got snappy about me getting sent up front and the crew member said "please don't, she can't stand very long, its not her fault" i was really touched by this.

so if you do this i am sure they will give you the same wonderful care they gave me, these guys are honestly so caring and good to people who genuinely need their help.

So helpful thank you!!! I didn't want to ask if I could jump the queue, cos I feel guilty when I do so.

So helpful thank you!!! I didn't want to ask if I could jump the queue, cos I feel guilty when I do so.

i felt the exact same and only did it for the really packed ones, like alex kingston and karen gillan. if the Que is not very long then i suck it up and Que. but if i am very tired and feel my hips about to give way then i realize i have to swallow my pride and ask. i always feel really embarrassed doing so though >.< i feel its unfair i should get special treatment while everyone else is expected to just grin and bare it.

i felt the exact same and only did it for the really packed ones, like alex kingston and karen gillan. if the Que is not very long then i suck it up and Que. but if i am very tired and feel my hips about to give way then i realize i have to swallow my pride and ask. i always feel really embarrassed doing so though >.< i feel its unfair i should get special treatment while everyone else is expected to just grin and bare it.

I think we would only do it for the really long queues too. I think there is at least three where based on our photoshoot numbers, I don't expect a huge queue. But it is great to know that the crew are helpful and understanding. We have had to queue jump before but that was where special schemes are in place to allow for that, when there isn't, I feel bad and always end apologising to the people we have skipped ahead of.

Both your son and this poster above me can't que for long periods. Neither of you should feel guilty about this or think that you should have to stand and suffer and be in pain. Put your pride and dignity aside and just let them know you need a bit of help. At the end of the day you're there for the same reason as everyone else, whether you need help or not but if standing for long periods of time is going to put you (poster above) or your son (OP) in any pain then you don't want that ruining your experience or getting to the guest and being in pain meeting them. Don't let something that could be prevented happen.

I think they do it in batches so if there's only ever gonna be a certain amount allowed past the que anyway. If they announce 1-20 then there really shouldnt be anymore than 20 in the que. Having said that it depends on the time the guest spends with each person. If you're behind me then you're gonna wait a few minutes lol.

If a guest is on VT and doing ticket batches, how long would you roughly be queuing for an autograph?

Any longer than a few minutes could cause an unnecessary meltdown for my son. But I would like to know wait times for those who have previously been.

Any longer than a few minutes could cause an unnecessary meltdown for my son. But I would like to know wait times for those who have previously been.

Hopefully the crew will look after you. Wondering how much time each guest is gonna cost me.

It's very difficult to judge how long a queue is going to take, some guests are slow signers and like to have a bit of a chat, even if there's a long queue, like Brian Blessed at Collectormania. Some guests just sign and say hi and don't really encourage chatting and some of the busiest guests may end up being a bit of a conveyor belt unfortunately if they want to try to get through everyone that's had a VT ticket. Even if it's 1-20 on the board, there may be more than 20 people in the queue since Gold Ticket holders can join the queue whenever they want, and I think there's about 100 or so of them.

I think they usually give out as many VTs as they think they can get through in a day, but if it's a guest they've not had before they wont really know how fast or slow a signer they are until they get going. Most guests go to an open queue by the end of the day but with the biggest guests they will try to get through as many, if not all, the VQ tickets as possible, but there is no guarantee that getting a VT will mean you will definitely get an autograph, although if you're able to stay until closing I'd say your chances are fairly good.

It's very difficult to judge how long a queue is going to take, some guests are slow signers and like to have a bit of a chat, even if there's a long queue, like Brian Blessed at Collectormania. Some guests just sign and say hi and don't really encourage chatting and some of the busiest guests may end up being a bit of a conveyor belt unfortunately if they want to try to get through everyone that's had a VT ticket. Even if it's 1-20 on the board, there may be more than 20 people in the queue since Gold Ticket holders can join the queue whenever they want, and I think there's about 100 or so of them.

I think this how we plan to decide whether we need to speak to the crew or not. I didn't plan to bring my kids to begin with, so now I do, I need to plan so we all have a great day and have minimal problems.

I may have to bring my daughter with me too, which wont be much fun for her since I have 13 photoshoots booked over the weekend, she's going to have to be patient I think. I'm still hoping I can sort out that I don't need to bring her with me *fingers crossed*.

I may have to bring my daughter with me too, which wont be much fun for her since I have 13 photoshoots booked over the weekend, she's going to have to be patient I think. I'm still hoping I can sort out that I don't need to bring her with me *fingers crossed*.

I did have a babysitter in place, but she has training at work. The others I would ask are also busy or out of the country! But we did a bribe of promising them a comic!

Both your son and this poster above me can't que for long periods. Neither of you should feel guilty about this or think that you should have to stand and suffer and be in pain. Put your pride and dignity aside and just let them know you need a bit of help. At the end of the day you're there for the same reason as everyone else, whether you need help or not but if standing for long periods of time is going to put you (poster above) or your son (OP) in any pain then you don't want that ruining your experience or getting to the guest and being in pain meeting them. Don't let something that could be prevented happen.

how nice and understanding you are. thank you for the positive comment. the other reason i say i get embarrassed is, i know it sounds silly, that i sometimes forget i am disabled, and having to ask for special help reminds me i am not like everyone else and it sometimes kinda bums me out!

how nice and understanding you are. thank you for the positive comment. the other reason i say i get embarrassed is, i know it sounds silly, that i sometimes forget i am disabled, and having to ask for special help reminds me i am not like everyone else and it sometimes kinda bums me out!

Oh I so get that. Mattie (my autistic son) does not looked disabled but he is and I want him to have a normal life! Plus sometimes I feel like people may feel like I take advantage of him needing extra help! But it is great to see people on here who are understanding and won't mind if we need to be given a bit help while we are there.