Few Q's from a LFCC first timer

Cyrus

Aloha!

Seen the interesting line up of guests, I am thinking about coming down to London and attend LFCC 2012 :D

I do have a few Q's though and I hope I will have a good picture in the end to see if it's still interesting ;)

I am thinking about going, just on Saturday.

1. As I am flying in from NL, which airport is the closest? I read something about Gatwick. I checked flights and the earliest I can be at Gatwick is 10.30am. That's probably a bit late, specially seen I want to meet G. Anderson and get a photoshoot with her. Is there another airport at a descent travelling time? It might be possible to get there earlier.

2. Photoshoots: when are they held; all day or just in the morning? So, if only in the morning it would be difficult for me to get some photoshoots when I arrive around 11.00am at LFCC. What I would like to know, what time is the best to arrive, so I can meet Mrs. X-Files and have some other photoshoots as well. Autographs are of less importance. What time will the photo's be ready to take home? I ask this, because I will fly back home at 7.00pm ;)

3. Any other suggestions are welcome too :D

Any other Dutch people going to LFCC and want to share their travelling information?

Thanks!

Cyrus

London city airport isn't too far but I'm not sure how fast you'd get there, also stanstead offers a service that takes you to Bow in like 40mins and then u can get a district line straight there, i know you can get into stanstead at like 5/6 am

Photos are usually available a couple of hours after they've been taken. Photoshoots usually happen till about 2/3pm so they can be ready to be taken home the same day.

I'd personally advise trying to find an earlier flight

Aloha!

Seen the interesting line up of guests, I am thinking about coming down to London and attend LFCC 2012 :D

I do have a few Q's though and I hope I will have a good picture in the end to see if it's still interesting ;)

I am thinking about going, just on Saturday.

1. As I am flying in from NL, which airport is the closest? I read something about Gatwick. I checked flights and the earliest I can be at Gatwick is 10.30am. That's probably a bit late, specially seen I want to meet G. Anderson and get a photoshoot with her. Is there another airport at a descent travelling time?

2. Photoshoots: when are they held; all day or just in the morning? So, if only in the morning it would be difficult for me to get some photoshoots when I arrive around 11.00am at LFCC. What I would like to know, what time is the best to arrive, so I can meet Mrs. X-Files and have some other photoshoots as well. Autographs are of less importance. What time will the photo's be ready to take home? I ask this, because I will fly back home at 7.00pm ;)

3. Any other suggestions are welcome too :D

Any other Dutch people going to LFCC and want to share their travelling information?

Thanks!

Cyrus

1 Airports - Heathrow would be a better option than Gatwick. For information on how to get to Olympia and journey times, the London Transport website would be a good place to look. Click here. It might be possible to get there earlier. If you want to meet Gillian, you really need to get there as early as you can. She is likely to be very busy and if don't get there until 11 o'clock you may not get to see her for an autograph. You should be OK for the photoshoot though but make sure you order your ticket in advance as there are no guarantees there will be any available on the day.

2 Photoshoots tend to start mid morning and continue until about 3 o'clock in the afternoon. There will be a full schedule put up a week or two before the event. Showmasters aim to have the photos ready to collect about two hours after the end of the relevant photoshoot. So, if Gillian's photoshoot ends at 1 p.m. the photos should be ready at about 3 p.m. (not saying that will be the time, just using it as an example). If for any reason you are not able to collect your photo, you can leave your details at the photo collection table and it will be posted out to you for a small charge. I think it's £2.

Hope that helps.

Edited by dwarfbabe

Did a quick search on expedia, £156 from Amsterdam to London City Airport. Air France leaves 08:40 to arrive 08:55 in the UK?

Is that early enough? If you don't have any flight delays, and are hand luggage only, by the time you're taxied to the terminal, disembarked and through immigration, if you're really lucky it's 9.15, more likely 9.30. As I thought, the TFL website suggests that on a Saturday morning you're talking about 55 minutes to get to Olympia.

So if you're lucky you get to Olympia maybe 10.15, more likely 10.30 or later. Any delays in your flight and you're looking at getting to the show nearer to 11am or even later.

I would be tempted to see if i couldn't get a cheap flight late on Friday night and find a cheap hotel somewhere in London and then get up early on Saturday morning for the tube...

have a look if there are any early flights to Luton, you can get a train from Luton through to St Pancras International station and from there you can get the underground. Basically the airports that service London are Heathrow & Gatwick (the main airports) and then London City, Stansted and Luton. London City is more central, the others are further out but both have direct ways of getting into London.

Hi, I will be coming from NL as well. if you want to fly check out KLM offers or Easyjet but taking the ferry from Hoek van Holland is always an option. It takes longer but you can go with the night one and sleep on the boat.

Hotels will be very expensive but if you fly to the UK it might be an option to get a hotel near the airport you're going to. Most of the time they are much cheaper and or better for the same price as a crappy one in the center.

If you can get an extra day off it could be cheaper to fly on Friday and stay in a hotel one more night, it might sound odd but I had some experience with it.

and last but not least: Heb veel plezier daar!! Het is een geweldig festijn, het wordt voor mij de 5de LFCC :D:D

PS if you have any questions about thing, just ask, I've been in the UK 12 times in the last 4 years, everytime it was for one or more cons, so I know a bit about it :)

Hey Sven,

Thanks for your reply! I wanted to send you a PM, but it seems that I am not allowed too? Can a MOD look into that.

I want to ask you some things since you are a die hard con attendee :P

Well, hopefully I will be able to send out a PM, so keep an eye on your inbox :D

Hey Sven,

Thanks for your reply! I wanted to send you a PM, but it seems that I am not allowed too? Can a MOD look into that.

I want to ask you some things since you are a die hard con attendee :P

Well, hopefully I will be able to send out a PM, so keep an eye on your inbox :D

The pm service on here doesn't work so its probably best to exchange emails or a social networking username for say Twitter or Facebook :)

Hey Sven,

I want to ask you some things since you are a die hard con attendee :D

Well, hopefully I will be able to send out a PM, so keep an eye on your inbox ;)

The pm service on here doesn't work so its probably best to exchange emails or a social networking username for say Twitter or Facebook :)

Ah ok. I didn't know that :) Thanks for the info!

Sven can you send me your e-mailaddress? You can also e-mail me on edbnl76@gmail.com.

Hey Sven,

Well, hopefully I will be able to send out a PM, so keep an eye on your inbox ;)

Sven can you send me your e-mailaddress? You can also e-mail me on edbnl76@gmail.com.

Hi Cyrus,

I just sent you an email. So if you don't see it in your box it might be in your junkmail or soemthing. there is also a small part of this forum for people who speak Dutch or Flemisch. You can find it in the Euroforumsection of this forum. It's not used a lot, but I check it sometimes to see if there is something new :)

Gegroet,

Sven

Hey Sven,

Hi Cyrus,

I just sent you an email. So if you don't see it in your box it might be in your junkmail or soemthing. there is also a small part of this forum for people who speak Dutch or Flemisch. You can find it in the Euroforumsection of this forum. It's not used a lot, but I check it sometimes to see if there is something new :)

Gegroet,

Sven

Sven,

I sent you an e-mail back. I hope you will reply and answer my q's :wub:

Greetz,

Cyrus

Edited by Cyrus