Autograph authentication

lollewis247

I posted this in the general section, not sure if it's the right place to post but I just wondered if anyone knew a good autograph authentication service. Today I purchased a few signed photos, the total price of which I will not reveal for the risk of fainting when I read this back! I bought it from an established dealer and it came with a C.O.A but I'm just not sure about one of them.

Is there a service where you can pay to have the autograph fully authenticated?

Many thanks for the help. Laurence. :YAHOO:

You might want to get in touch with Garry King at Autografica. He was previously involved with the running of the Autographica show as well as being a well respected dealer. He regularly attends Showmasters signing events and has been on TV a couple of times, most recently I think he was on The One Show talking about authenticating autographs. I believe he offers an authentication service as well.

How can autograph authentification ever be possibley validated and verified???? Some so-called expert may recognise a signer's signature cos it has all the familiar signs but that's no guarentee. Any signer could easily write their name in an way that is unusual to their standard way cos they had a injured hand the day they signed or something.

In my opinion, some self-professed experts word or a COA doesnt mean squat. Unless yo uwere there infront of the actual signer you will never be 100% sure.

• Showmasters Admin

How can autograph authentification ever be posserbley validated and verified???? Some so-called expert may recognise a signer's signature cos it has all the familiar signs but that's no guarentee. Any signer could easily write their name in an way that is unusual to their standard way cos they had a injured hand the day they signed or something.

In my opinion, some self-professed experts word or a COA doesnt mean squat. Unless yo uwere there infront of the actual signer you will never be 100% sure.

Garry King is an expert and teaches what to look out for and works with the police and spends most of his time in court as a expert. also Dave philips is a director for the UACC and Gary is a director of AFTAL.m again these groups work to help validated and verified and protect collectors and work with

i hope that is of help

jason

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Compare the auto to others online I

Sure there will be some.

This is not a bad place to start, but you will see quite a difference in signatures depending when and where they were obtained and also people do alter their signatures over the years.

I would tend to echo what Jason says and get in touch with Garry and Dave as a starting point.