Cloakroom?

sammyromie

Hello :)

I have a question. I'm not staying at the convention hotel during the weekend, but somewhere else, and was wondering if there's any place where I can leave my coat/jacket etc, as I don't really feel like carrying it with me all day long, and sure I'm going to have one, as the wetaher is not exactly hot in February.

Thanks!

• Showmasters Admin

I'm afraid ME as company don't have one both for security and logistical reasons.

The only alternatives I can think of are....

1: Talk to the hotel

2: If another attendee who is staying at the hotel ask them if you can keep your coat in their room.

there are talks on sat and sun and we are told to claim our seats at the first talk. so just leave your coat on the seat all day. noone will nick it. and it will show people your seat is claimed. thats what most people do. hope this helps.
You would still have to carry it around during the morning. The room for the talks is not open to attendees until the afternoon, just before the first talk starts. You can not 'claim' a seat before that.

I didn't think of leaving it on the seat, although I know that's how you claim a seat, that's cool, thanks. I guess I'll just have to figure something out for the morning.

Thank you everyone for the replies! :)

Edited by SammyRomie

I didn't think of leaving it on the seat, although I know that's how you claim a seat, that's cool, thanks. I guess I'll just have to figure something out for the morning.

Thank you everyone for the replies! :)

Just want to point out generally that seats are not 'claimed' or reserved by putting something on them. The seat you get at the beginning of the talks is yours throughout regardless of whether there's anything left on them. We had real trouble last time with some people trying to take our seats (Gold) while we were in a guest encounter and they got quite argumentative.