Cosplay at London Comic Mart

Zonic

Hey Guys

Was wondering if LCM is going to have a cosplay element to it? I.e masquerade, skit contest etc?

If not I'd sure be happy to host one if we have a little stage. Might be fun to see those superhero outfits go on show? Perhaps thats something that Animeleague could help out with?

Let us know how we can help!

Zonic x :D

• Moderators

IMG_0618.jpg

This is the picture used in the announcement topic.

To be honest, from what I can tell, it's more of a dealer event with a couple of comic related guests thrown in.

Certainly nothing like LFCC, Entertainment Media Show etc if that's what you were thinking.

I've certainly never seen any evidence of the hotel having any sort of stage they can roll in - the venue is used for dancing/entertainment events in the evenings, and that wooden wall you see in the photograph can be pulled back, as can one other, so that the three rooms can be turned into one big room. There is a fourth room which can be used for co-events - Paul Gravett organized a rather good one featuring UK alternative comics not too long ago, and we've sometimes had the "ABC" people there, with their British comics and related items, hosted by Geoff West, giving people two events for the (free) price of one.

I remember some photographer enterprisingly had a "table" at a mart or two, selling your chance to pose with Lady Death or some other Chaos Comics characters, which certainly added to the variety... I think they dragged in a sofa from outside, to replace the usual dealer table. :P

• 3 weeks later...