Sports Autographs

GoldenGreen

With the great Roberto Duran attending the EMS I wondered what other Sports autos people have. I am a big sports fan, but often tend to get other autos first, here is my list of the main ones I have, I also have quite a few of my local team, but then nobody on here would probalby know who they are ?:

Boxing

Roberto Duran

Jake La Motta

John H Stracey

Audley Harrison

Frank Bruno

Chris Eubank

Tim Wetherspoon

Tyrell Biggs

Football

Dennis Bergkamp

Jackie Charlton

Martin Peters

Geoff Hurst

Paul Gascoigne

George Cohen

Lou Macari

Dennis Law

Ian Rush

Kenny Dalglish

Alan Kennedy

Graham Souness

Gary Lineker

Tennis

Tim Henman

Gregg Rusedski

Athletics

Kelly Holmes

Linford Christie

Katherine Merry

I've got quite a few but my prize piece is a set of signatures of the Liverpool team from around the early 1950s which I have on a permanent loan type arrangement from my Dad. The set includes the likes of Bob Paisley, Albert Stubbins and Billy Liddell.

My other favourate item is a replica 1965 FA Cup Final shirt signed by Roger Hunt, Gerry Byrne, Ron Yeats, Tommy Smith, Peter Thompson and Ian Callaghan. There seem to be two styles of replica 65 Cup Final shirts out there, TOFFS made some some years ago then Liverpool started making their own ones which I don't think look as good. Luckily mine was one of the TOFFS one which must have looked pretty good because Peter Thompson thought it was the real thing!

I have a fair few as well:

Athletics:

Kelly Holmes

Boxing:

Frank Bruno, Joe Calzaghi

Football:

Geoff Hurst, George Cohen ,Gordon Banks, Jack Charlton ,Nobby Stiles, Martin Peters, Ray Wilson, Roger Hunt, Jimmy Greaves, Paul Gascoine, Theo Walcott, John Barnes, Didi Hamann, Mark Wright, Glenn Hoddle,

Mark Lawrenson, Brian Robson, Teddy Sherringham, Ray Houghton, Ron Yeats, Ian Callaghan, David Fairclough, Phil Neal

Horse Racing:

Bob Champion, Lester Piggott, Peter Scudermore

Snooker:

Jimmy White, Steve Davis, John Parrot, John Virgo, Dennis Taylor, Stephen Hendry, Ken Doherty, Ray Reardon, Terry Griffithes

Tennis:

Virginia Wade, Andy Murray, Roger Federer

Other:

Jayne Torvill

• 6 months later...

Gary Lineker

Where did you get Gary's autograph? He's the sports guest I would like to meet the most.

Apologies for the delay in replying so hope you see this. I actually got Gary's autograph through the mail, writing to him many years back via the BBC.

One further item that I didn't mention is a signed Liverpool FC football I have, which was given to me by my Grandpa, so very precious for that reason alone. I'm not sure of the date but probably late 1970's, early 1980's so has players like Kenny Dalglish on it and others from that generation. I've never actually been able to make that many of them out.