Amber Benson's books

peridot

I've read them all and I love them. The Calliope Reaper-Jones series is like a girl who think she's in Sex and the City (lots of fashion references and fawning over attractive guys and the like) and gets pulled back into the supernatural world she was born in to but put a forgetting spell on herself to leave behind.

My favorite one of hers is actually the one aimed at kids, Among The Ghosts, it's a different kind of read, obviously a different style as it's for kids, but I think it's great. Supernatural as well but in a more spooky and less mythological way.

I'll admit though, I worship the ground she walks on, so I might be biased :headscratch: I have mine signed already, but if I didn't, I'd definitely be bringing them along.

You should definately look into getting them signed, they are really good books. I love the "Ghost of Albion" series she did with Christopher Golden, I've got all 4 of them signed by Amber. She loves it when people want to chat to her about her books and just books in general.

When I met her at collectormania Glasgow is was really late in the day and quiet, so managed to chat to her for 20min about books, she recommended some to me, i recommended some to her it was brilliant! Turns out we have a very similar taste in literature :headscratch:

• 4 weeks later...

That sounds great!

I only read two of her books (the Reapers) and I really enjoyed them, because she's kind of the anti-hero. Also very sarcastic and such. Sometimes I can imagine Amber saying those things :D. And I loved the mythology in it.

I watched the Ghosts of Albion, but I haven't read the stories. In case you would like to see it, you can find it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/ghosts/

Btw: such a good idea. I hadn't even thought of bringing my books to get them signed. Definatly will now! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Got a couple of the 'Albion' novels especially for going. I'll get one signed, obviously, but I also thought I'd better at least have something to talk to her about.

'Witchery' seems pretty good so far. A little mythological error in it, but hey, it's a book :)

No direct reply to your question, cos I've never met her. So I don't know. But I would think that they would have her books in the dealers room. It's just a guess, but I wouldn't understand it if they didn't.

I'm also hoping they will be selling her movies there :(. Really want to see L,L&L so bad!

You can buy both her movies (Chance and L,L & L) on the website too if they're not selling any at the con:

http://www.loversliarsandlunatics.com/dvd.htm

I actually found that one, but don't have a creditcard or PayPal(account) to buy it... Thought it would be easier at the con. But I'll keep that in mind. Thank you :D.