what is your earliest memory of watching DW?

timelord81r

I was born in late 81, Mine is of the doctor "dying" in the corridor simulating a desert in the cliffhanger to episode 1 of vengence on varos which was what 1985? growing up this is all I could ever remember seeing of colins doctor (aside a book box set which had his face on it, but none of the books were his stories lol) all I could remember of his doctor was this scene and a bright multi coloured coat lol. before UK gold and VHS came to my rescue for all the classic adventures and the occasional BBC repeat, I obviously crew up watching with my dad from a young age probably with peter and colin, but aside the memory of the vengence on varos bit, sylvester was my own growing up live on tv doctor

Edited by timelord81r

The first story I can recall watching is Logopolis. The stand out memories from that time (no pun intended) are the shrunken bodies of the Aunt and the Policeman. The TARDIS within a TARDIS, and finally the Doctor falling off the tower and regenerating.

I didn't miss an episode after that.

sometimes with other memories its hard to recall if they were from broadcast or VHS or repeats, I have loads of memories of the five doctors as a kid but its hard to remember if any were from the bradcast in 83 or the later VHS releases which looking up were 85 and 90, its a story I watched often when I did have it on vhs

but vengence is deff my earliest "confirmed" lol, broadcast memory.

Edited by timelord81r

Having been born about three months before the last ep of Survival i didnt get much of a chance to see classic who when growing up but the earliest memories of doctor who for me was in March 1999 for me with The Curse of Fatal Death, fond memories with that :D

Edited by king b

I remember years after I first saw it, when the VHS of Paradise Towers came out, I watched it and the part that I did remember was quite different to how I thought I remembered it. Goes to show you how memories of when you were a child can differ from what actually happened!

I vividly remember seeing stories like Remembrance and Greatest Show first time though. I know the McCoy era gets some flak from people who followed the show long term, but to me it was perfect, and for the most part, still is

sometimes with other memories its hard to recall if they were from broadcast or VHS or repeats, I have loads of memories of the five doctors as a kid but its hard to remember if any were from the bradcast in 83 or the later VHS releases which looking up were 85 and 90, its a story I watched often when I did have it on vhs

but vengence is deff my earliest "confirmed" lol, broadcast memory.

Earliest memory is of the 5 Doctors 4 part version 1984, but I was already 7 by that point. Didn't watch proper till 10.

I had that Easter egg in 1983.

I remember the 1981 chocolates!

I know that I watched a few classic episodes when I was younger, just flicking around on TV and such, but the first episode I remember watching is Rose. I remember being excited for Doctor Who to start for SO long, my parents were both Who fans growing up, and they convinced me it was going to be so brilliant. :) I'd only just turned 10 when it started up in 2005, and I remember falling in love with the show so quickly...Though being so utterly terrified of the auton, and never trusting a shop dummy for a year or so. I definitely fell in love with Doctor Who the very first time I watched it, though, it's hard to believe I've only actually been watching it for six years.

my earliest memory of watching DW is The Sea Devils or The Green Death particularly the big maggots. I think they may have been repeats as I dont remember seeing THE TIME WARRIOR which came after The Green Death. I have vague memories of Invasion of The Dinosaurs & Bilal in Death To The Daleks too. I do however remember crying my eyes out when Jon Pertwee died in Planet of The Spiders. I was devastated ive been told.

My earliest memory of Doctor Who is The Five Doctors. I remember asking my Dad why they were calling all these other people Doctor when the Doctor was the man in the white jumper! My Dad has no recollection of the incident, but I remember it really well.