Saturday Entry

I still think it would be grossly unfair to give preferential treatment to either gate. It's not like nipping round the other side of the MK stadium, you are asking people to walk the (strange) streets of London at 5 and 6am to ultimately arrive at the same place.

I still think it would be grossly unfair to give preferential treatment to either gate. It's not like nipping round the other side of the MK stadium, you are asking people to walk the (strange) streets of London at 5 and 6am to ultimately arrive at the same place.

But people won't arrive in the same place - that's the problem with having two gates. You could be first in a gate queue but find yourself 101st in the actual queue. People who start queuing half an hour after you (at another gate) might end up much nearer the front once the gates have opened. Who'd be happy with that? Surely people would rather walk a bit further (in either direction) and secure the place they deserve based on their arrival time?

I originally posted this picture in one of the older threads, but I'll stick it here too, as it says more than words might say to anyone thinking that both gates are created equal. The Earl's Court gate is a good bit further away from the venue entrance, and if there are two queues prior to 7am then those queuing at that gate are at a fair old disadvantage.

I'm not saying that the Brompton gate ought to be the 'official' gate (I'd be just as happy with Earl's Court). I am saying that having people queue at two gates, at an event where early queuing is going to be quite popular, is a recipe for something messy. However, as Jason has hinted that plans are afoot for something, I'm quietly confident that... well, something is afoot!

lfcc_queue_map.jpg

• Showmasters Admin

the gates to the venue will be open on each day at

Saturday gates open at 7am

Sunday gates open at 8am

the doors to the show open at

Saturday doors open at 9am

Sunday doors open at 9am

all gates will open at the same time as each other like they have every year

i hope that puts everyone's mind at rest

Jason