My Advice to First-Time Convention Goers

I attended my first ever convention last year, London Film and Comic Con. I had an absolutely fantastic time but there is some advice I will offer to other people who are new to conventions like LFCC. Last year, I did a lot of things there. I got autographs, I went to talks, I watched the Cosplay Masquerade, I entered the Talent Show and I took part in a video game tournament. But when it was time to go, I realised that there was still a ton of things I wanted to do but didn't have time for now. I had even missed meeting one of the people I came to LFCC to see (Jeremy Bulloch. Luckily he's coming this year as well). A good piece of advice is to plan out your day beforehand. Know exactly what you want to do and when. This way, you will be more relaxed and won't forget anything. Also, last year I met a guest who was incredibly friendly and who I was a big fan of. Later when I saw him, I decided to make a joke too him. Only afterwards did I realise that the joke was a little rude and disrespectful and I felt terrible. Know what you are going to say to a guest beforehand and don't try to seek their attention too much. This way, they will enjoy your company and you will enjoy their's. Hopefully, if you follow this advice you will have a brilliant time. Sorry for the long post.

Edited by MegaAdmiralAckbar