Guest Signings and (personal) tim management

Hi folks, I've read the othe topics and posts and I noticed a comment made that perhaps some of the guests wont start signings as soon as doors open. My querry os this, i understand that for whatever reason a guest may start signing late, but what will happen if they are only there for the one day. There may be already limited by a photoshoot, breaks, perhaps a talk and then remaining time devoted to autographs.

I have early bird tickets and I plan on saturday making an imediate beeline for christopher lloyd's stand for a VQ autograph ticket.

As i personally am going to be there all weekend, i have (so far as the guests attending) split the auto graphs i'd like over the two days, Realisyically though, is planning 10 autograph signings in one day too much. I have no talks or photo shoots planned for the saturday, nor am i personally interested Karen Gillian.

Would love to hear any views or suggestions, thanks folks:)

You will be well informed on the day. It could be to do with a guests travel times, or even times they are available, but to have them for limited time is better than not at all.

If a guest is not at their desk, do ask the crew member what time they will be back. If they have a virtual queue system in operation, the time of arrival is often written on their VT board.

If in doubt, do ask a crew member

Thanks for this info, its a great help. I'l keep checking the boards and on the day informatioinrelating to guests times etc, ps, this years guest list just keeps getting better and better with each day, great work on securing Corey Feldman:)

As i personally am going to be there all weekend, i have (so far as the guests attending) split the auto graphs i'd like over the two days, Realisyically though, is planning 10 autograph signings in one day too much. I have no talks or photo shoots planned for the saturday, nor am i personally interested Karen Gillian.

I dont agree on that :) I think its very doable to get 10 Autographs in one day, and all of them with VQs. The VQs is a brilliant timesaver. Last year I managed to get around 7-8 with VQ and I was done around 2 o´clock with an early bird. :) I didnt stand in que all that time I might add :) only parts of it.

The longest one was Shattner, took me 20-30 min I think at the most :) And since you arent intrested in Karen, then you will prolly not be standing in a really long que.

Edited by Wondermoose

Thanks folks, this has been a real weight of the shoulders as i was worried i was stretching myself too thin. Now with Corey Feldman and Christopher Lambert confirmed, this list has now been added to, i really cant wait for this weekend now:)

To echo what everyone else has said 10 in a day is certainly doable especially as you're not interested in Karen - I am only coming up on the Saturday and I have around 10 guests to definitely meet including Karen so its gonna be a hectic day for me lol :(

As well SM do try and get the guests to be there and sat down as soon as the event opens and that's usally the case but there have been times in the past when they've been slightly late but if your coming for both days then it eally shouldn't be a problem :crying:

Phil, just one thing, if you have any photoshoots planned, it is best to arrive for them promptly, even if you are in a queue for an autograph. Some of the photoshoots are very short so it is better to go and do those then go and join the auto queue. If you have any photoshoots very close together timewise, speak to the crew in the photo area and they will make sure you get to both.