ORDER of the PHOENIX

houdinia

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there wasnt any thing particularly wrong with the book but i cant help not liking all that much?! i think its harrys mood swings and the whole pathetic death bit (i kind of expected summat a bit grander)?! although i could have had really high expectations because there was SO much hype for this book - it was already a best seller before its release! kind of hard for it to live up to i guess?! :D

I wasnt impressed with the whole Prophecy thing... that was just total "Well, duh" material... but apart from that, I thoroughly enjoyed!

Random thoughts:

Umbridge's "detentions" (read: torture) were EVIL!

I adored Bellatrix... she was just pure evil, and she loved it... it's rare to see characters who take such delight in that!

Tonks was brilliant! My mates all say that she's like a clone of me :D

The Weasley twin's exit was excellent!! Loved it!!

*cries over the death*

Kreature was hilarious!

Poor Lupin!! :D;) I wanna just hug him :(

Harry was a bit of a prat during this book, wasnt he? Very "teen angsty" wasnt he?

Draco such a smarmy git.

Snape rocks. Sirius & James were gits.

Can I have a skiving snackbox?

Go Ron!! 'Bout time he got a bit of the lime light!!

Luna was fantastic. She's the total embodiment of my sister.

Go Neville! He certianly progressed in this book didnt he?

Can I shove Fudge through the Veil?

That is all...

Love,

Kris

• 3 weeks later...
Harry is always a pratt... But I took great joy in laughing over the death, even though *INSERT SPOILER* is a fave character of mine. Bella is toooo good!!! :rolleyes:

err ok i cant believe u laughed ova the death so sad....u sure ya not a deatheater in disguise?

The first time I read the book I wasn't impressed but I enjoyed it more the second time.

I thought the death scene was absolutely rubbish. I mean did anyone even realise that someone had died until they turned over the page?

that thing about harry not being able to hurt that Lestrange women because he didn't hate her enough wssn't true - surely he hated her more than anyone in the whole world?

The reason Hagrid was absent from half the book was rubbish.

Dumbledore would not allow that Umbridge women to be so cruel to the students. He is supposed to know everything that is going on even if he can't see it.

What happened to Ron and Hermione? Was all the jealousy in the G of F imagined? I think the whole Krum thing was mentioned once and then it was just glazed over. I was really really annoyed about that.

I hate Cho Chang - god I wish she had died instead of Cedric

harry really annoyed me - how cruel was he about Ron getting the prefect badge and making hedwig injure his best friends? He deserved a good kick!

Why the hell didn't he open that parcel from Sirius - stupid prat.

How come Harry and Hermione missed Ron's big moment during the quidditch match - that was mean.

shouldn't Percy have been reunited with his family at the end?

also I thought there were far to many new characters.

But

Overall it could never live up to expectations could it?

I though the weasley twins and Ginny were really really great in this one.

I love the fact that Lupin is back! I love Lupin.

I think we are going to have a romance between Ginny and Harry eventually -maybe in the 7th year because that was when Lily and james got together.

Hermione and Ron had better get together in the next book.............

The first time I read the book I wasn't impressed but I enjoyed it more the second time.

I thought the death scene was absolutely rubbish. I mean did anyone even realise that someone had died until they turned over the page?

that thing about harry not being able to hurt that Lestrange women because he didn't hate her enough wssn't true - surely he hated her more than anyone in the whole world?

The reason Hagrid was absent from half the book was rubbish.

Dumbledore would not allow that Umbridge women to be so cruel to the students. He is supposed to know everything that is going on even if he can't see it.

What happened to Ron and Hermione? Was all the jealousy in the G of F imagined? I think the whole Krum thing was mentioned once and then it was just glazed over. I was really really annoyed about that.

I hate Cho Chang - god I wish she had died instead of Cedric

harry really annoyed me - how cruel was he about Ron getting the prefect badge and making hedwig injure his best friends? He deserved a good kick!

Why the hell didn't he open that parcel from Sirius - stupid prat.

How come Harry and Hermione missed Ron's big moment during the quidditch match - that was mean.

shouldn't Percy have been reunited with his family at the end?

also I thought there were far to many new characters.

But

Overall it could never live up to expectations could it?

I though the weasley twins and Ginny were really really great in this one.

I love the fact that Lupin is back! I love Lupin.

I think we are going to have a romance between Ginny and Harry eventually -maybe in the 7th year because that was when Lily and james got together.

Hermione and Ron had better get together in the next book.............

i didnt think it was that bad!

the detah scene could have been better i admit but it was sad all the same it went slightly too fast though i thought but i guess that shows shes a good writer since i think the scenes were meant to be fast moving. i didnt relaise there was a death at first because harry didnt and so we didnt really find that out until we tturned over but i thought that was good as well because it was like a delayed reaction n it made it worse

i dont think harry did hate her enough because he didnt want to truly hurt her enough to kill her n laugh at it - harry just isnt that type of person

i think there shud have been more hagid but i think grawp will come into it in the nxt books and so hopefully thats the reason behind hagrids absence

as to dumbledore he was probably preoccupied with the order but then again he did sya he was watching ova harry closer than he can have imagined and so thats unexplainable

i was disappointed with the romance stuff aswell ron n hermione wasnt too bothered about i dont think that hud progress yet but thekrum n hermione stuff i thought we'd hear more of

i hate cho as well she was using harry to hear about cedric n i just hate her

i liked harry being so angry and the whole hedwig thing i thought it expressed how he was feeling so well personally if i was eva in that type of situation (obviously not in those circumstances) id have yelled at everyone as well n the hedwig thing maybe i wouldnt have chosen that approach but it still shows how exasperated he is

i know y didnt he open the parcel i would have u know present n all, but i guess its just one of those things which makes the whole thing more upsetting because it could all have been so different

i would have liked them to have seen the match as wlel but it didnt bother me too much im sure we'll be seeing more of ron's abilities in the future especially since think harry might make quidditch captian now

no percy shud not be ruunited with his family he acted disgracefully that stuff cant be forgiven at the drop of a hat

as to new charcaters i dont think so it means we can get to know them in the future rather than havign to hear from them again in fact i love luna lovegoods character think she'll be a great confidant for harry because he can talk to her about the whole death thing

i dont think ginny n harry nuhuh no way sorry i just dont want it to happen i like her being more confident great but i just dont want to c her with harry

i like lupin being bak he'll be a bigger part in harry's life now thats probably really liekly but i loved sirius being in it n it kinda left lupin on the side

the weasleys god how i love those two such trouble they caused n their exit lol just genius!

I luv the harry potter books and the ORDER of the PHOENIX has to be the best book so far!! JK is a gr8 writer and i cant wait 4 the nxt book!! hopefully the nxt book will have gr8 action like the last 5!! :D

Yeah i see what you mean about all that stuff.

I still wanna see Ginny and Harry get together though.

NEVER HARRY AND GINNY!! GINNY IS WAY TOO COOL FOR HIM!! BUT RON AND HERMIONE FOREVER!!! humm.. i really thought this would be the book with them together but... *sigh* alas!.. i even thought that it was devinate when i read that they were both prefects!

I can totally relate with the whole " reading it a second time is better" thing. I found the ending alot more upsetting and un-nerving the second time i read it! This is deffinatly the darkest of the books but I WANT TO READ THE 6TH ONE SOOO BAD! WHY IS ROWLING MAKING US WAIT!! ahhh! Dose anyone else feel that there are LOADS of unanswered questions...some more reinforced than before like: Why does Dumbledore trust snape so much? Can Trelawney really "See?" What other memories of James potter does snape have? What made snape change to "the pheonix side"? What happened to wormtail? How is Malphoy going to make harry pay for what he did to his father?? Where, how and when are Ron and Hermione going to get together, and genrally WHAT HAPPENS IN THE NEXT TWO BOOKS DAMN IT!

Does any one else get other feeling that Neville and maybe Ginny are going to play a bigger part in time?? Neville in particular? AND is any one else really fustrated that even though we know now that Harry is destined to kill or be killed by voldermort, its probably still not gonna happen till the last book?

RON AND HERMIONE FOREVER

Edited by simone

i definitely think neville will play a biger part i think ginny will around hogwarts because fred n george r gone so shes gonna be more confident n fill there place perhpas not so badly though lol. erm as for unanswered questions to be honest not so much, i am excited for the nxt but a lot of obvious q's have been answered so im fine with waiting lol which seems weird but i'm fine with it

i tried i really really tried!!!!! but it's just such a boring book. i'm sorry i have been a great harry potter fan sicne book 1 but i just can't read it out.i bought the book at day one and i still havent finished.

i tried i really really tried!!!!! but it's just such a boring book. i'm sorry i have been a great harry potter fan sicne book 1 but i just can't read it out.i bought the book at day one and i still havent finished.

i thought that at first too but it really does get better, which bit are you up too? the first time i read it, i was bored with the whole hagrid thing and i was bored at the hearing bit too cos with such a huge book, i never doubted that he wouldn't go back! but but but it does get loads better... especally at the end, the end is very cool!